Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
Slash no prep drag racing Build\setup Suggestions >

Slash no prep drag racing Build\setup Suggestions

Like Tree1Likes

Slash no prep drag racing Build\setup Suggestions

Old 08-13-2019, 01:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Slash no prep drag racing Build\setup Suggestions

I have a bare slash with a HCG chassis and I'm looking to build a no prep car. Searched the forums and it was a nightmare. What all do I need?
Old 08-13-2019, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

start with a RPM TRans then it wont warp when its gets warm. Id also get a good set of Foams build for a drag car. then change esc to the TRX drag 1 . a higher gear ratio.much more detailed info on traxxas forums in traxxas home. also on Facebook.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Tommy,

This JConcepts link might help: Street Eliminator Concept | JConcepts

Also check your local sanctioning org rules. On the fringes of this initiative here, since I am retired from RC drag racing, but was under the impression no-prep was a spec rubber tire series.

Good luck and best regards. AC
Old 10-22-2019, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I found some info if anyone is doing the same - http://www.rcdrl.com/wp-content/uplo...L-Rulebook.pdf - not sure if the no prep clubs follow these rules, but some I've seen seem to roughly do so.
Also of note - https://traxxas.com/pitpass/hop-up/a...-own-blasphemi
TommyD2x likes this.

Last edited by johnnydmd; 11-29-2019 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:11 AM

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1560117390945000/

Over 6500 members here. ALOT of great info.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Slash 2wd lcg, rpm or hot racing trans case, hot racing sealed diff, bandit front and rear suspension, wheelie bar, motor and esc of your choice, proline or jconcepts tires and body. quick and simple combo that works pretty well out of the box
Old 10-24-2019, 08:57 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE
My Winter project is a Slash-based 55 Chevy gasser built from scratch(no donor car) - but nitro powered. It's drag racing, it's supposed to be loud, smell, and you don't need a track! If any facet of RC screams nitro, it's drag racing!

Mine will be for the Outlaw Extreme class. .32 LRP powered, nitrous oxide injected, big slicks on the back, skinnies up front. Already the parts are flowing in. Body will be another Ed Roth styled creation, but with an alien theme. Should push around 5hp or so, will be beefing things up to handle it.[/QUOTE]

Man I miss Nitro !!!!!!
Old 10-29-2019, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TommyD2x View Post
Man I miss Nitro !!!!!!
I wish there were more people doing it in the No Prep scene. Seems like it's 99.9% electric Slash conversions...and there also seems to be a good deal of polarization in attitudes towards it, some of which are ridiculous(such as nitro ruins the environment). From everything I've read, and seen in videos, I believe you can build a competitive nitro machine, especially in the larger classes that allow for .21 engines. If nitro couldn't keep up, then why the restriction, why not allow .28 that puts out 3 or 4 hp, right? At that point it becomes less about the engine/motor and more about getting the power to the pavement. Of course electric has the instant torque factor, but how useful is that, and is it even a bit of a hindrance if it causes major traction loss. Things to ponder anyway. All seems like tons of fun regardless, with a lot of things to tune and tweak in either setup.

Old 12-26-2019, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Packfan View Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1560117390945000/

Over 6500 members here. ALOT of great info.
This group is full of good information. A lot of people like to keep their motor size and gear ratio a secret, but guys like myself are an open book.

I suggest joining the group if you haven't already.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Since I stopped racing I am doing the full size car thing. My friends and I got bored over the winter and are building drag cars.

Iím also working on a big block nitro but in the mean time working on an electric sct. I have a Blitz collecting dust. Hopefully I can find some parts to make it work.

sucks that the only following is on Fb. I donít do that mess.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi group I have question are the shocks on the slash 2wd the same size as the 4wd.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For a no prep style car is it beneficial to get a real drag chassis. or are these off road based chassis the way to go?
Old 02-19-2020, 12:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz View Post
Since I stopped racing I am doing the full size car thing. My friends and I got bored over the winter and are building drag cars.

Iím also working on a big block nitro but in the mean time working on an electric sct. I have a Blitz collecting dust. Hopefully I can find some parts to make it work.

sucks that the only following is on Fb. I donít do that mess.
Still need blitz parts? I have an entire blitz ESE I'm looking to get rid of. PM if interested
Old 02-27-2020, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoyle33 View Post
This group is full of good information. A lot of people like to keep their motor size and gear ratio a secret, but guys like myself are an open book.

I suggest joining the group if you haven't already.
I'd like to pick your brain a bit if you don't mind. I'm building a pair of B5M/SC5M drag cars for my son and I, and I've picked up just about everything but the motors. I'm leaning toward getting a couple of these in 4300kv:
https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/br...sct-motor.html

I've got the 3000kv version in my Yeti and it's a beast. It seems that most guys are running 540 cans with ridiculous KVM, but these powerful 550 cans are cheap, and have more than enough torque that I don't see any problems gearing them up if I get to a point where I'm running out of top end. Your thoughts?
Old 02-28-2020, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I've got the 3000kv version in my Yeti and it's a beast. It seems that most guys are running 540 cans with ridiculous KVM, but these powerful 550 cans are cheap, and have more than enough torque that I don't see any problems gearing them up if I get to a point where I'm running out of top end. Your thoughts?
I like this question, nobody seems to spec motor, just 2s. I'm curious as to the answer, it will dictate my motor purchase for my build as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.