1/10 Spec TC idea

Old 12-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 1/10 Spec TC idea

I was readin a issue of RC Car Action when I came across a Pro-Line Racing ad. I noticed that alot of the bodies would fall under the "GTS" classification. So I said to myself "SELF! Maybe you could get a movement going for a 1/10 Spec GTS sort of class on the national scale. Any thoughts ideas, possible rules, criticisms, etc. can be posted here.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here is an email that I sent to Fred Hohwart, ROAR Administrator:

To whom it may concern:

My name is BJ Williams. I recently became a ROAR member (waiting on my card), but I had an idea while I was thinking one day. With Pro10 having been excluded from championship competition, I started thinking about ways to boost attendance at ROAR onroad events (and maybe bring about the return of Pro10 to the spotlight).

I thought maybe if GTS bodies and pan sedan chassis were used and some sort of spec rules were drawn up, you could have a "sportsman"-type class at the nationals. It would draw alot of the average Joe Schmoe racers out to the events, which Im sure youd love to appeal to. Its just a thought but maybe it could use some real consideration.

Thank you for your time

BJ Williams
Portsmouth, VA
ROAR Region 2

and here is what he wrote back:

Thanks for "thinking".

I forwarded your suggestion on to the Executive Committee.

Fred Hohwart, ROAR Administrator