• 1 Post By Speed Chaser
  • 2 Post By bashncrash
  • 1 Post By I_NeedBigDrink

Losi 5IVE-T 2.0 BND

Old 09-14-2018, 12:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Losi 5IVE-T 2.0 BND

Came across this when browsing the internet last night, the Losi 5IVE series appears to be back with an updated truck! I'm hoping an updated 5IVE-B is on its way as well. Here's some general info.

CHASSIS OVERVIEW
  1. ZENOAH G320 32CC ENGINE
  2. INCLUDED SPEKTRUM SR4000T TELEMENTRY RX
  3. LED LIGHTING SYSTEM
  4. NEW STEERING RACK AND BELL CRANKS
  5. NEW CENTER DIFFERENTIAL LOCATION
  6. IMPROVED DRIVE LINE ANGLE
  7. NEW TIRE AND WHEEL
  8. UPDATED BRAKES
  9. THROTTLE SERVO BRACE
  10. BLEEDER SHOCK CAPS
  11. UPDATED CLUCH CARRIER
  12. TWO COLOR SCHEMES

FEATURES

Zenoah™ G320 32cc Engine

The "go-to" engine for 1/5-scale vehicles, the Zenoah G320 32cc engine is crafted specifically for the 5IVE-T 2.0. With industry-leading design, the powerful pull-start, air-cooled engine features massive torque necessary in handling heavier 1/5-scale vehicles like the 5IVE-T 2.0. It allows these 4WD behemoths to handle like pure adrenaline machines with incredible feel and precision.

Bind-N-Drive™

Bind-N-Drive™ (BND) is a transmitter-less option for RC enthusiasts who already own a surface transmitter featuring industry-transforming Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSM Technology. This money-saving innovation allows you to add a Bind-N-Drive vehicle to your collection without the extra cost or clutter of an extra transmitter.

Spektrum™ SR6000T Telemetry RX

The SR6000T Telemetry Receiver lets you easily add telemetry options such as exhaust temperature, head temperature, and battery life with a compatible Spektrum™ transmitter. Now with just a glance down, you can see your most important information during a race and be one step closer to the podium.

New Steering Rack and Bell Cranks

With the new steering rack and bell cranks, you can create the best feel and handling to your steering. The adjustable Ackerman allows you to refine your steering for more mid and exit corner steering. Additionally, the new servo saver has been redesigned to create less bind under load with a much smoother action, providing a more consistent steering feel.

New Center Differential Location

Losi engineers worked relentlessly to get the perfect balance on the 5IVE-T 2.0 by moving the center differential location and providing the best driving feel and balance to the vehicle. Additionally, reducing the "dog bone" angles in the drive train provide better drivability with increased drive pin durability.

New Tire and Wheel

The tire and wheels have been redesigned in the 5IVE-T 2.0 for added strength and stiffness. These changes provide a more consistent feel over all kinds of terrain. The new tire tread design and compound have been optimized for maximum racing performance.

New Front Hood

Redesigned for a more aggressive look, the new front hood with hood scoop and raised fenders increases wheel clearance. Drivers don’t have to worry about the tires hitting the fender on treacherous tracks.

Updated Brakes

The 5IVE-T 2.0 features heavy duty brakes originally developed for the Team Losi Racing® 5IVE-B®. Stamped-steel rotors, combined with the heavy duty plates and pads, provide a sense of confidence and control that let racers drive harder into the turns and come to a stop more quickly. Front-to-rear braking bias can also be fine-tuned for evolving track conditions.

Throttle Servo Brace

With as much torque as the 5IVE-T generates, the new throttle servo brace eliminates radio tray flex while braking. This added extra rigidity to the servo creates a more precise, consistent brake feel and helps eliminate wear and tear.

Bleeder Shock Caps

The 5IVE-T 2.0 comes standard with machined aluminum shock caps with threaded bleeder screws. Bleeder screws allow you to build and rebuild your shocks faster and easier while insuring you have the exact amount of oil in your shocks every time creating consistent rebound.

Redesigned Clutch Carrier

The redesigned clutch carrier with custom gear mesh brace eliminates unwanted chassis flex when racing in harsh conditions. This allows you to push the 5IVE-T as hard as you can, no matter the track conditions, and maintain a constant feel throughout.

Links for more info/pics/videos:
Losi.com
rccaraction.com

What do you guys think? I think it would be even better if they added a roller option for those that want to do brushless conversions.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

I was hoping they would have used the dual servo setup from the 5ive-B.

doesn't look much different, I wonder how many parts it shares with the old 5ive. Im guessing the chassis is different to accommodate new mounting location for center diff.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:37 PM
Tech Rookie

glad I waited a week to order. first 5ith scale. Can't wait to see how it goes. Wood u guys ditch the spektrum and go with something else?
Old 09-14-2018, 05:11 PM
cjw
Tech Rookie

futaba been doing this 34 years thats all i ever used
Dave_S likes this.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cjw View Post
futaba been doing this 34 years thats all i ever used
I've used spektrum rtr and futaba. As far as the rtr gear ditch it if budget allows, lol. Maybe spektrum higher end stuff is nicer.

I run futaba in all my losi rcs and love it, but my setup is pretty expensive and isn't the latest and greatest.

Old 09-16-2018, 02:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I use Spektrum on some of my drift cars and f1 so far haven't had any issues with it
Dave_S likes this.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:25 PM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Looks like lots of new plates for rocket stands.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I've used spektrum rtr and futaba. As far as the rtr gear ditch it if budget allows, lol. Maybe spektrum higher end stuff is nicer.

I run futaba in all my losi rcs and love it, but my setup is pretty expensive and isn't the latest and greatest.
Is 3PV ok radio? I know it not highest model but I like the price.

Also I see SANWA 11RS has good price on eBay. Wish I cood find someone with both so I can try before buy.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bashncrash View Post
Is 3PV ok radio? I know it not highest model but I like the price.

Also I see SANWA 11RS has good price on eBay. Wish I cood find someone with both so I can try before buy.
SANWA > Futaba

In reality, it's personal preference. Sanwa M17 is best on the market right now, but they're just the newest. Pick whichever you can get a deal on. The two best are sanwa and futaba. I lean towards Sanwa.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Best on the market right now is personal opinion.

I've only had 4pls and 4px futaba, so I can't comment on 3pv.

If you happen to have a spektrum transmitter I'd just try that. If not I'd look at Sanwa and Futaba and see what in your price range has the features you want.

Maybe spektrum makes a decent radio that will work with included reciever. For newer spektrum equipment I've only used their rtr gear. Maybe just buy a used spektrum rtr transmitter for super cheap to get running and decide later.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Best on the market right now is personal opinion.

I've only had 4pls and 4px futaba, so I can't comment on 3pv.

If you happen to have a spektrum transmitter I'd just try that. If not I'd look at Sanwa and Futaba and see what in your price range has the features you want.

Maybe spektrum makes a decent radio that will work with included reciever. For newer spektrum equipment I've only used their rtr gear. Maybe just buy a used spektrum rtr transmitter for super cheap to get running and decide later.
I buy MT44 after too many hours deciding. I get RX-472. cant wait to try.
Dave_S and I_NeedBigDrink like this.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bashncrash View Post
I buy MT44 after too many hours deciding. I get RX-472. cant wait to try.
MT-44 is a great choice, that's what I use for racing and bashing. It's light, can be converted to use a lipo, and has the right balance of quality vs price tag.
bashncrash likes this.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by I_NeedBigDrink View Post
MT-44 is a great choice, that's what I use for racing and bashing. It's light, can be converted to use a lipo, and has the right balance of quality vs price tag.
I get radio today and install. It is good looking radio!!! I install in one of my other cars and am impressed. Receiver is small!

Anyways. I sorry to side track this post.

I changed my pre-order color to blue from orange. I think the blue is faster