Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Aron

short course oval

Old 03-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default short course oval

Well I have a Losi scte 2.0 and looking to set up for some Wednesday night oval racing. So far I have 10k 30k 10k in diffs. 40 wt in shocks. droop slammed way up. Started this set up from a carped setup I found online. Any Ideas and experience welcomed. I have never ran it on an oval yet.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

I converted a Tekno SCT410.3 to an dirt oval truck for outdoor, med grip to blue groove, progressive banking dirt track (not clay but it still grooves up).

I went up 3 steps on front spring and 2 steps on rear. I ended up cutting the front springs to get the ride height down.

Diff oil went from 7k-10k-5k offroad to 15k-15k-7k oval. And upped pinion a tooth. Played with swaybars and roll center to get it to rotate coming in but grip pre apex.

Most of the 4x4s by us run a latemodel body with a big inside dam. I use the Jconcepts C10 body, and it handles pretty well for a truck body. I left the front long to keep air out from underneath it, and made some mounts to attach an Ofna 1/7 road car front foam bumper to it.
Rattfink likes this.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how to get the inside dam?
Old 03-22-2018, 07:20 AM
Tech Initiate

They just fab it out of lexan and use 1" strips mount at angle to the body to support it. Here is a picture of one of them by my truck so you can see what I'm talking about.

I was the only truck in the A, all the others had LM bodies with side dams. I qualified 4th in the last race, the top 4 qualified within 2 sec of each other.