Search
Like Tree1Likes

FG Sportsline

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FG Sportsline

Seems like the FG Sportsline cars are dead, seems like you never hear of anyone who use them for anything but shelf Queens. I don't know of anyone here in WA who has one. I took mine off the shelf a few days ago. I have almost complete car I am starting to build.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I’ve had one sitting on my table for 4 years. Been planning a electric conversion. Got almost everything except ESC. Just keep finding other priorities
Old 05-11-2018, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

I have a FG Sportline 4wd that I have had for 5 years . Very low maintenance and I have done a bunch of mods to it disc brakes modfied reed motor ,mod 1040 carb, mod 2speed tranny and overdrive. She is a blast to drive and really handles. Runs well even on untreated parking lots.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

We run them here in Cali at the Rams RC club. We have the FG F1s and the 4wd. Good low budget cars to get into racing with. Then everyone does a up grade to the top end cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH9n_...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-13-2018, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We race the FG Sportsline car in an entry level 5th scale "spec class" here in Texas. My group has a page on Facebook and we are in year number 3 racing them in the Texas state series. Some members of the group in Texas have the Genius, Mecatech, and RS5 cars (to race in Cali and Florida) but we saw the FG Sportline as a "stepping stone" car to the high-end ones.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

But if you don't have a nice club track to race on like Mr. Lock and all you have to race on is untreated dusty parking lots the FG 4wd Sportline would be your best option. I heard that the FG 4wd Sportline can only be raced in the box stock form which limits its performance potential at Mr. Locks track . I like to run outlaw my FG is highly modified. The Sportline 4wd is a great parking lot basher but would require alot of expensive mods to make it competitive as a racer.

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 05-14-2018 at 04:33 AM.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

We run FG sportlines in any class. from thee F1 to the 2wd and 4wd at Rams. We suggest to new members getting to the hobbie that they start with a low end car and in the sportsman class. I have modded a 4wd drive and jumped from sportsman class to the 4wd drive class and ran with the contrast cars with no problem. I am now running a FG F1 .

Each club has its own rules. If you don't have a track.....then a 4wd sportline would be a good parking lot car as stated above.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

I have the Sportsline! I recently got an EVO and will building it though. They are a ton of fun if you have the space and place to run them.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Kurt did you have a oneway diff on the frt end of that 4wd Sportline??
Old 05-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Daytona Body Plug

Old 05-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Tech Initiate

found that on 1/4 scale site I had an old Mc leran body i was going to toss in the trash so thought I would use it as a base to build the mold. I am using card board to get the rite shape for former's once i get the shape correct i will make them out of lite ply, Then comes the fun Foam build up, filling and glassing and the best part tons of sanding.Really like the the road stuff allot better than touring
Old 05-14-2018, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
Kurt did you have a oneway diff on the frt end of that 4wd Sportline??
I had one for it but never ran it. Was told by several of the members they where junk and had a lot of problems.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kurt J
We run FG sportlines in any class. from thee F1 to the 2wd and 4wd at Rams. We suggest to new members getting to the hobbie that they start with a low end car and in the sportsman class. I have modded a 4wd drive and jumped from sportsman class to the 4wd drive class and ran with the contrast cars with no problem. I am now running a FG F1 .

Each club has its own rules. If you don't have a track.....then a 4wd sportline would be a good parking lot car as stated above.
Back in October 2016, I raced my box stock FG Sportsline at the 5th Scale International Challenge at GLARCRC. I was still competitive with the Contrast 4wd cars in the GT class. Qualified in the upper end of the B main and bumped to the A main. Was in the mix for a podium spot early until my steering servo went south. The only thing that was probably holding the car back was the restrictive exhaust. But, the car performed pretty good for being raced big time for the first time. I had the cheapest car in the A main but proved that the car can be competitive if you know how to drive.
TheOtherBill likes this.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:13 AM
Tech Master

Thats so true JLOCK!!
Old 05-15-2018, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

KurtJ so you ran a gear diff in the front?? I have had my oneway diff in my FG for several years with no problems . If you get a chance you should try the oneway out remember what does not work for one person might work for you because of differences in driving style. If after testing it out and you decide it is not for you let me know if you want to sell it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.