Wiki Posts
Search

Fender Stratocaster===

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Fender Stratocaster===

I just got a wicked cool 68' Strat and well I have to thin out my collection a bit...

So, i am thinking of selling one of my 70's MEX reissues.

Both are in LIKE NEW condition- and setup by myself.

Black= will have texas special pickups (SRV style) as soon as my custom shop 69's arrive .. Has maple neck, Transitional Logo (obviously 70's style 3 bolt neck). This guitar was olympic white when I bought it, but I had it refinished in black in 2001. Has vintage'd pickup covers and knobs. this guitar is very heavy- and has TONS of tone as it is now- and will be even more "hot" once the texas specials are dropped in. It will be 'set up" at that time.
price with HSC is 600.00- because of the pickups- and case.

Sunburst= Is and all orginal 70's reissue. best color sunburst I have ever seen= rich gold/burgundy/black (instead of nasty yellow/RED/black) Good wood grain on both the Maple neck and body. This guitar is very resonant when unplugged- and plugged in has an SRV twang to it. lighter in weight the the black.. but still has good tone. freshly setup a week ago.
Price with case 525.00

These go for about 575.00 plus tax new and dont come with cases (75-100 extra) when bought new.

can provide pics. These guitars both have their perks.. two similar but different sounds.. both can attain pretty much any sound you want to get. From Hendrix and SRV to Metallica... back to Buddy Guy..

KB