R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   GIMAR Speed 21 tuned by JP (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/994702-gimar-speed-21-tuned-jp.html)

finchy 08-11-2017 09:36 PM

GIMAR Speed 21 tuned by JP

Gimar Speed 21 tuned by JP has anybody had experience with these engines.
What are peoples thoughts and what are the pro's and con's.
I don't won't to hear any Nova verse any other brand bashing. Just options of people who know or have used this engines.

Cheers
GC

ralphierace13 08-13-2017 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by finchy (Post 15000433)
Gimar Speed 21 tuned by JP has anybody had experience with these engines.
What are peoples thoughts and what are the pro's and con's.
I don't won't to hear any Nova verse any other brand bashing. Just options of people who know or have used this engines.

Cheers
GC

I don't believe they even make them anymore for a long time if u found one has to be old, also waste of money and not jp tuned!!! I used it no nothing special ...

Michael_T 08-13-2017 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This one?

ralphierace13 08-13-2017 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_T (Post 15001773)
This one?

Not sure about that head I really don't remember it was so long ago what web site is selling it, it used to be his own site then it closed send me the site I will look at it

GREGORY! 08-13-2017 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_T (Post 15001773)
This one?

This is 2017 Gimar engine.
If you are not sure,some times its better do not write anything.

ralphierace13 08-13-2017 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by GREGORY! (Post 15001955)

Well if u don't want someone to comment then write your post correctly and know what your talking about before u write it. You should of knowm these motors were out a long time ago and you should of wrote that your looking for pro and cons on the 2017 version!!! U understand now smartin up!!! sometimes its better to post the correct info!!

dan_vector 08-14-2017 01:38 AM

The Gimar is a great engine. It's Novarossi based and so onto a winner from the start :) Alessio Masseo runs Gimar and he's one of the best drivers in the world (1/10 200mm Vice world champion). His engine was very fast this past weekend at the euro championships in Mulhouse, France. Nothing wrong with these at all. Great runtime too. Not as fast as my Ielasi Tuned Novarossis but that's another story :lol:

Michael_T 08-14-2017 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by GREGORY! (Post 15001955)

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Nice comment to write after the help I gave you with the PM's you sent me!

Hope your comment makes you feel better and stronger champ!

The guy is asking about the Gimar Speed. As Dan mentioned, this engine is used by Alessio. A few guys run it here (the photo is my friends car).

The JP name is still associated with Ginar brand, so people often get this mixed up.

Roelof 08-14-2017 06:58 AM

Sadly Gimar has no up to date website and FB page so it is food for the worse.

beebone 08-14-2017 07:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The right is the JP tuned 35 Plus 21, the label named 35 PLUS V2 Speed, I think you are talking about this. The engine is cheap and fast, but not enough 5 mins run time. It has no hand tune I've found, I think Nova produced it in JP spec

http://www.fvssshop.it/public/zoom_4...unnamed_10.jpg

BigC2007 08-14-2017 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by ralphierace13 (Post 15001974)
Well if u don't want someone to comment then write your post correctly and know what your talking about before u write it. You should of knowm these motors were out a long time ago and you should of wrote that your looking for pro and cons on the 2017 version!!! U understand now smartin up!!! sometimes its better to post the correct info!!

^^^^^^ This here

Originally Posted by Michael_T (Post 15002130)
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Nice comment to write after the help I gave you with the PM's you sent me!

Hope your comment makes you feel better and stronger champ!

The guy is asking about the Gimar Speed. As Dan mentioned, this engine is used by Alessio. A few guys run it here (the photo is my friends car).

The JP name is still associated with Ginar brand, so people often get this mixed up.

Yeah looks that way Michael someone woke up on the floor today, But Michael T is one of the good 2 go guys on this site so chill !

Roelof 08-14-2017 08:54 AM

I had 2 of those new JP engines for a break in. Although the sticker says ceramic bearings there aren't any, just steel. Both had a too tight pinch and could not be broken in by the oil bath (after 8 hours the pinch was at a level most normal engines do start with). I had to do some handlapping and again the oilbath to get the right fit.

I did see some re-timing work on the crankshaft but had no tools with me to meassure the timings.

beebone 08-14-2017 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 15002268)
I had 2 of those new JP engines for a break in. Although the sticker says ceramic bearings there aren't any, just steel. Both had a too tight pinch and could not be broken in by the oil bath (after 8 hours the pinch was at a level most normal engines do start with). I had to do some handlapping and again the oilbath to get the right fit.

I did see some re-timing work on the crankshaft but had no tools with me to meassure the timings.

Yes, it's very tight, my piston got damaged during break in, and hard to tune the LSN. I did swap the old 35 plus piston into it, now it's perfect.

finchy 08-14-2017 12:29 PM

Micheal who in Sydney is using the Gimar? I have found a few 2017 9 port 21 Speed's and I was going to get them to try for the National titles in Sydney this year. I'm not really interested in the Nova 35V2 as I've been told it's a good club engine and not really up to spec for any racing above that.

Also thanks for everybody's comments so far. Keep it objective guys.

Michael_T 08-14-2017 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by finchy (Post 15002496)
Micheal who in Sydney is using the Gimar? I have found a few 2017 9 port 21 Speed's and I was going to get them to try for the National titles in Sydney this year. I'm not really interested in the Nova 35V2 as I've been told it's a good club engine and not really up to spec for any racing above that.

Also thanks for everybody's comments so far. Keep it objective guys.

I knew you were talking about these engines (hehehe Gregory)

That photo is Snowy's car. He ran it for the first time last weekend and won with it). Speak to him for some feedback