Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

Werks Racing GT Engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone measure the high and low speed needles with a caliper. And give me the measurements please. Just looking for a base to start from. Thanks
Old 02-20-2018, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When you say "looking for a base to start from" do you mean as far as a point from which to start tuning? If so be safe and never, ever copy someone elses needle settings because there are too many variables, so what for them may be "safe" for you may be way too lean costing you a motor!

With our engines if you ever get out of whack on tuning and are looking for a safe "rich point" from where to start tuning or breaking in your engine just set both the HS and LS to flush with the end of their housings. That's works on all of our off-road and on-road engines and is a rich setting that will allow you to safely fire up your and and from there start tuning it to your specific pipe, plug, fuel, fuel and pressure line lenghts, ambient conditions etc. etc. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and thank you for picking up one of our engines!
Old 02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Hey All,

Does anyone use the Buku Crank Case end Cap's on the WERKS GT engine?

I am going to be getting one of these engine's and I want to use one of these cap's as they worked really well with my Mugen .21 B03 Engine.

The problem is there are two "Cap Package's" on the BUKU website.
#3300Q

The description's both seam to imply they would fit but wanted to speak with someone who had used one on the WERKS GT Engine.
So as to know which to get.

I have tried contacting them but no answer?!

Regard's
BM
Old 03-12-2018, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default First werks

O just bought my first werks, over mito gt... any news from the actual owners, how did you go on the nationals ??
Old 03-13-2018, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Byronf1
O just bought my first werks, over mito gt... any news from the actual owners, how did you go on the nationals ??
There does not seem to be a lot of people posting on the engine section in general so it may be a little slow here. In regards to our GT engine though I can tell you that everyone that I have spoken to so far has been pleased. I know that our GT engine took the 2017 national championship in the DR, made the semi-finals at the Interamericana Cup in Mexico, took TQ 1st and 2nd at the Brazillian Nationals, 5th and 8th at the South American Championships in Argentina etc. etc.

Thank you for picking up one of our engines and once you get some fuel through your engine please come back on here and let everyone know your thoughts
PinoyCali, Byronf1 and Pedro Jesus like this.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

I just got the WERKS GT engine after wanting one for some time. Both my Mernen Mugen JX21 and my REDS engine's, after faithful service have both passed away. :-(

So now...... are we still putting an extra 0.1mm shim on the head when running the WERKS engine's? (25 & 30% nitro)

I had heard some time ago that the engine run's so much better that way?

Regard's
BM
Old 08-21-2018, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by British Menace
I just got the WERKS GT engine after wanting one for some time. Both my Mernen Mugen JX21 and my REDS engine's, after faithful service have both passed away. :-(

So now...... are we still putting an extra 0.1mm shim on the head when running the WERKS engine's? (25 & 30% nitro)

I had heard some time ago that the engine run's so much better that way?

Regard's
BM
BM, when running 25 or 30% Nitro content, I recommend shimming the engine to minimal 0,65mm, measured through the plug hole squeezing down some solder tin, and using the OS RP7 or RP8 plug. I do not recommend running offroad plugs / hotter plugs on the GT class engine as they will fail you with these settings. If you run hotter plugs, the add minimally 0,05mm to it.

My base setup is using 25% nitro content, RP8 plug, 0,65mm clearance. From that on I have been playing around depending on the track, with the max. clearance I ran being at 0,75mm with 30% nitro content and RP7 plug. Within these parameters you will find the ideal setting for a given track. Anything outside of these parameters won't be anymore in an ideal setup window.

Looking forward to hear back from you with your findinds.

Thanks
Thomas
Old 08-24-2018, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thommi
BM, when running 25 or 30% Nitro content, I recommend shimming the engine to minimal 0,65mm, measured through the plug hole squeezing down some solder tin, and using the OS RP7 or RP8 plug. I do not recommend running offroad plugs / hotter plugs on the GT class engine as they will fail you with these settings. If you run hotter plugs, the add minimally 0,05mm to it.

My base setup is using 25% nitro content, RP8 plug, 0,65mm clearance. From that on I have been playing around depending on the track, with the max. clearance I ran being at 0,75mm with 30% nitro content and RP7 plug. Within these parameters you will find the ideal setting for a given track. Anything outside of these parameters won't be anymore in an ideal setup window.

Looking forward to hear back from you with your findinds.

Thanks
Thomas
Thank's Thomas.
Always helpful. I will let you know when I get it all run in. Hopefully. Ready for the ROAR Nats here in a few weeks time.

Regards'
BM
Old 08-24-2018, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by British Menace
Thank's Thomas.
Always helpful. I will let you know when I get it all run in. Hopefully. Ready for the ROAR Nats here in a few weeks time.

Regards'
BM
looking forward to it. There are a couple more things we can talk about before you go to the Nationals. We did some extensive testing down here with these engines, and it's definitly the most sucessufull GT class engine in Brazil, on par with Novarossi engines from factory drivers. Let me know how the track is, and we can discuss as well what we would use for pipe headers for such a track. The GT class is very competitive in Brazil, on both regional as well as on National level, and if correctly set up, with the right clutch settings, then you will have for sure one of the fastest engines. What car are you using it with?
Old 08-29-2018, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Nationals with WERKS

Originally Posted by thommi
looking forward to it. There are a couple more things we can talk about before you go to the Nationals. We did some extensive testing down here with these engines, and it's definitly the most sucessufull GT class engine in Brazil, on par with Novarossi engines from factory drivers. Let me know how the track is, and we can discuss as well what we would use for pipe headers for such a track. The GT class is very competitive in Brazil, on both regional as well as on National level, and if correctly set up, with the right clutch settings, then you will have for sure one of the fastest engines. What car are you using it with?
Hi Thomas,

I will be running my MGT7 at the National's.
It's being ran at Nuggets Ranch Raceway, Florida. USA. (On Sweep 45 (spec tire)

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...20raceway%20rc
https://nuggetsranchraceway.com/

Looks an excelent track but I have never ran there before. Relativly newly sealed and layout.
Thanks for the help Thomas. Very much appreciated!

Regard's
BM
Old 01-13-2019, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What happened to GT in USA? It has almost died except at big events locally which took the fun out of running it. ROAR/IFMAR regs don't help. I know they wanted to keep the cost down and make it a cheaper onroad class, but it got competitive and starting costing money just like 1/8 open. Most of the cars out there have been refined but it's all about motor/clutch to win now. Driver makes a difference too.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default Werks 5gt

I am getting back into the Nitro scene with the new X3GTS and I wanted to get 2 motors and I am trying to see if the werks motor was competitive
Old 01-31-2019, 12:33 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tbo713
I am getting back into the Nitro scene with the new X3GTS and I wanted to get 2 motors and I am trying to see if the werks motor was competitive
where did you get your X3GTS.....I had a Werks engine and they are very reliable and fast engines
Old 01-31-2019, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by afm
where did you get your X3GTS.....I had a Werks engine and they are very reliable and fast engines
I deal with a guy overseas on Ebay name rc willpower and got it....because i didn't want the igt8 red but all the parts fit..same car
Old 08-07-2019, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Hi All,

Quick question. Does anyone on here run their WERKS GT engine on 16%?
If so, what head shimming have you found works well? And plug. What plug also have you found works when using 16%?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.