Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors >

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Like Tree138Likes

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Old 10-01-2019, 08:46 AM
  #286  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 6,276
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Can we use the R2102 build up set on the R2103? Are they compatible?
nitrodude is offline  
Old 10-01-2019, 08:46 AM
  #287  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Default

Thanks for the responses.
Ayehone is offline  
Old 10-01-2019, 09:52 AM
  #288  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Carces FRANCE
Posts: 250
Default

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Can we use the R2102 build up set on the R2103? Are they compatible?
Yes, you can, they are compatible.

VS_Rody is offline  
Old 10-30-2019, 06:12 AM
  #289  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (102)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 6,508
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Rody, nice to see you at the worlds. (pic from REDRC)

1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Old 10-30-2019, 07:15 AM
  #290  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Carces FRANCE
Posts: 250
Default

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Rody, nice to see you at the worlds. (pic from REDRC)
Good to be here...:-)
VS_Rody is offline  
Old 11-12-2019, 09:54 PM
  #291  
Tech Adept
 
jasoncsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 111
Default

Hi Rody,

I am going to purchase a brand new VSR-04 from the surplus of a fellow hobbyist. I am going to run it in a tight track using 25% runner time fuel. I would like to pick your brains about:
1: Do I need to add head shims?
2: manifold/tuned pipe choice? Here in Hong Kong I can't get your tuned pipe set from shops which I am sure is perfect match to your engine. We have OS and Nova here. Because the track is not big, I am looking for acceleration than top end performance.

Thanks you
jasoncsc is offline  
Old 11-13-2019, 01:19 AM
  #292  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Carces FRANCE
Posts: 250
Default

Originally Posted by jasoncsc
Hi Rody,

I am going to purchase a brand new VSR-04 from the surplus of a fellow hobbyist. I am going to run it in a tight track using 25% runner time fuel. I would like to pick your brains about:
1: Do I need to add head shims?
2: manifold/tuned pipe choice? Here in Hong Kong I can't get your tuned pipe set from shops which I am sure is perfect match to your engine. We have OS and Nova here. Because the track is not big, I am looking for acceleration than top end performance.

Thanks you
Hi Jason,

1) Normally you can also use the original head-shim setting with 25%, however if you distord the wire of the glowplug during use I suggest you add an extra shim of 0.1mm(copper color)
2) The OS 2080-SC with the original manifold will give you the power you need from the VSR04, if you need more topspeed then try the same pipe with the MR02 manifold.

Hope this has helped you further.
Rick Vessell likes this.
VS_Rody is offline  
Old 11-13-2019, 06:56 AM
  #293  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 528
Default

Originally Posted by jasoncsc
Hi Rody,

I am going to purchase a brand new VSR-04 from the surplus of a fellow hobbyist. I am going to run it in a tight track using 25% runner time fuel. I would like to pick your brains about:
1: Do I need to add head shims?
2: manifold/tuned pipe choice? Here in Hong Kong I can't get your tuned pipe set from shops which I am sure is perfect match to your engine. We have OS and Nova here. Because the track is not big, I am looking for acceleration than top end performance.

Thanks you
I only run VS04 with original head shim with 25%, in both track TRC and ACO no additional 0.1mm shim is needed, the power band is more than enough and no need to over-tune the engine.
I run Max 90-+90 manifold with One 2163 pipe, I've tried Max manifold with OS pipe but the fuel consumption was high.
VS_Rody likes this.
beebone is offline  
Old 11-13-2019, 07:50 AM
  #294  
Tech Adept
 
jasoncsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 111
Default

Rody, Thank You for your advice, really appreciated.

Beebone, likewise Thank You for your advice too. We play at the same track (TRC) and I heard about you from many fellow drivers that you are resourceful. I usually play on weekdays and I heard you are there everyday. You might notice two guys with headphones at the track on either tues/wed/thur, with one driving while the other being mechanic. I am that mechanic. We will be at the track tomorrow. Would be grateful to meet you at the track.
jasoncsc is offline  
Old 11-13-2019, 08:44 AM
  #295  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 528
Default

Originally Posted by jasoncsc
Rody, Thank You for your advice, really appreciated.

Beebone, likewise Thank You for your advice too. We play at the same track (TRC) and I heard about you from many fellow drivers that you are resourceful. I usually play on weekdays and I heard you are there everyday. You might notice two guys with headphones at the track on either tues/wed/thur, with one driving while the other being mechanic. I am that mechanic. We will be at the track tomorrow. Would be grateful to meet you at the track.
Oh got it, friend of Master Cheng
beebone is offline  
Old 11-13-2019, 08:48 AM
  #296  
Tech Adept
 
jasoncsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 111
Default

Originally Posted by beebone
Oh got it, friend of Master Cheng
Yes haha. Christopher re-emerge from the woods to help us because we had a hard time tuning (and ruining) engines. We quit nitro cars around 2004. Come back around August. Things been so different now. See you tomorrow at the track if possible, Christopher would be there too
jasoncsc is offline  
Old 09-25-2020, 12:25 PM
  #297  
Tech Master
iTrader: (47)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wichita,KS
Posts: 1,161
Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)
Default

Hey Rody how does your VSR05 compare to the OS 2104 stock engine. What kinda life are you getting out of the piston sleve
wichitafc98 is offline  
Old 09-25-2020, 01:03 PM
  #298  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Carces FRANCE
Posts: 250
Default

Originally Posted by wichitafc98
Hey Rody how does your VSR05 compare to the OS 2104 stock engine. What kinda life are you getting out of the piston sleve
The VSR05 engine has a different crankshaft, hand modified and combustion chamber compared to the R2104
The life of the piston/liner depends on the carburator setting and fuel quality.
On high competition level we get 10 to 20 liters.
VS_Rody is offline  
Old 10-05-2020, 01:05 PM
  #299  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
invrtd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

How does the 2069 run on the OS based rody engines. I am moving from Nova to OS based and the power increase is alot comparing the same cars with different motors back to back. The OS based motors have alot more power but want to tame it down. I have a 2069 but heard the OS based motors don't like them. I am sure the motor will run fine and probably suit my driving style and experience level better.
invrtd is offline  
Old 10-05-2020, 01:14 PM
  #300  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
VS_Rody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Carces FRANCE
Posts: 250
Default

Originally Posted by invrtd
How does the 2069 run on the OS based rody engines. I am moving from Nova to OS based and the power increase is alot comparing the same cars with different motors back to back. The OS based motors have alot more power but want to tame it down. I have a 2069 but heard the OS based motors don't like them. I am sure the motor will run fine and probably suit my driving style and experience level better.
Hi, you can run the 2069 pipe also very well on a OS based engine, it will give you a smoother power output and less fuelconsumption.
VS_Rody is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.