Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors >

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Like Tree138Likes

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Old 05-29-2019, 03:30 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I know that 'don't chime in' is exactly what some folks want, since they have a pact to keep all the secrets to themselves..I never assumed that you all did not already know the causes of the different runtime results, and then some, but I always find resistance when I am chiming in to hopefully get the world champions to reveal a little bit of what they know here...If it is information reserved to a closed circle of friends, please let us in the public know or PM yourselves rather than putting it in the public section.....How can newbies be interested in racing 1/8th scale with Rody engines when you tell them off here on the public forum ??? Thanks for your enlightening support, and now I know which engine never to own, even if they are free......Cheers.....
I like the Rody racing engine and I won one local championship in 200mm gas and I share all my experience to new racers ...and you are funny guy
1/8 IC Fan likes this.

Last edited by OVA; 05-29-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ;15457105
I know that 'don't chime in' is exactly what some folks want, since they have a pact to keep all the secrets to themselves..I never assumed that you all did not already know the causes of the different runtime results, and then some, but I always find resistance when I am chiming in to hopefully get the world champions to reveal a little bit of what they know here...If it is information reserved to a closed circle of friends, please let us in the public know or PM yourselves rather than putting it in the public section.....How can newbies be interested in racing 1/8th scale with Rody engines when you tell them off here on the public forum ??? Thanks for your enlightening support, and now I know which engine never to own, even if they are free......Cheers.....
Hi bertrandsv87, please try to keep this post clean and interesting. I post and participate on this forum just to share my findings and of corse things like
clutch setup, gearing, belt tightness, drivetrain mass/efficiency, etc...
are coming in play.
However when I experienced the difference in fuel-consumption, these factors are at their best and so the only thing which comes in my mind is that the driver and his driving style also comes into play.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just a tip if you have the r2101 with the black smaller head like mine it comes with the 16% button so I bought a standard os 25% button but its bigger then the head so I had mine milled down to size, just saying this so no one try's to use that button and put the head on u will break the bottom of the head...
Old 06-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

NEW VS RACING VSR04
https://www.worldchampionproducts.co...ing-vsr04.html
fergraz likes this.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pedro Jesus
see post #253...
Old 06-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE = 08/01 Fan IC; 15461870] ver post # 253 ... [/ QUOTE]

Obrigado - Thank You
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

After the release of our VSR04 engine we have made an update to our VSR03 engine to VSR03-EV2
  • We made some modifications to the crankshaft to improve fuel efficiency
  • We added a silicone o-ring in between the combustion-chamber and crankcase so this area stays cleaner.
  • Pricing is interesting.
Toy can find more info: HERE
Pedro Jesus and Pedro Jesus like this.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VS_Rody

After the release of our VSR04 engine we have made an update to our VSR03 engine to VSR03-EV2
  • We made some modifications to the crankshaft to improve fuel efficiency
  • We added a silicone o-ring in between the combustion-chamber and crankcase so this area stays cleaner.
  • Pricing is interesting.
Toy can find more info: HERE
Hi Rody,
How compare in performance the VSR03 EV2 and the VSR04?
Old 08-21-2019, 12:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by fergraz
Hi Rody,
How compare in performance the VSR03 EV2 and the VSR04?
The performances and reliability of the VSR03-EV2 are very similar, compared to the VSR04, the VSR03-EV2 has a little more torque but less top-speed compared to the VSR04
The VSR03-EV2 is a little better on fuel economy also.
stefan and Pedro Jesus like this.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Rody,
I have a question about the VSR02. I own a VSR02(very happy), I must change my piston,liner and conrod for a new.
Is it better to take the kit rebuilt for the 2101-02 or can i take the kit rebuilt for the VSR03 or VSR04 on your website.
Maybe it's better to stay on the kit rebuilt 2101 with your tuned crankshaft, that's why i prefer ask you.
Thank you, merci, for your reply
Old 08-26-2019, 10:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by flex82
Hi Rody,
I have a question about the VSR02. I own a VSR02(very happy), I must change my piston,liner and conrod for a new.
Is it better to take the kit rebuilt for the 2101-02 or can i take the kit rebuilt for the VSR03 or VSR04 on your website.
Maybe it's better to stay on the kit rebuilt 2101 with your tuned crankshaft, that's why i prefer ask you.
Thank you, merci, for your reply
Hi flex82,

You can take the rebuild kit of the VSR01(same as VSR02), VSR03 or VSR04.
They are all compatible and have the same timings.
The main difference between the VSR01 and VSR03 is a small change in the shape of the exhaust port and boosters, while the VSR04 has some additional machining on the intake ports and also a lighter piston.
The lighter piston will allow you a better top-speed.

Hope this has helped you further.
Pedro Jesus likes this.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi flex82,

You can take the rebuild kit of the VSR01(same as VSR02), VSR03 or VSR04.
They are all compatible and have the same timings.
The main difference between the VSR01 and VSR03 is a small change in the shape of the exhaust port and boosters, while the VSR04 has some additional machining on the intake ports and also a lighter piston.
The lighter piston will allow you a better top-speed.

Hope this has helped you further.
Yes, that's help me in my understand and my choice. Thank you very much Rody for your precise explain and help
jtrmx250 and VS_Rody like this.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Tech Initiate

@Rody: Hi Rody, just get from a friend your OS GT Rody tuned engine with VS 2115 pipe, really happy to get this bad boy for my Xray GTX8 😄.
​​​​I would like to know what is the best glow plug to go with it ? And if I m good using O.S. P4 right now, living in the South of France 25 degrees at the moment , will probably use P3 when temperatures goes under 15 degrees
Also, I got about 120-130 degrees temperatures for the engine to get the best of it, is this ok ? Air temperature was around 25-28. Glow plug looks ok , 25% Carbon fuel and can see smoke when throttle after turns. If I am going richer I am loosing lot of power but got more about 105-110 degrees for the engine.
Thx for your help, going for a race next weekend with it in Monaco La Turbie , don t want to burn it out 😄
Old 09-30-2019, 02:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by gilesdhay
@Rody: Hi Rody, just get from a friend your OS GT Rody tuned engine with VS 2115 pipe, really happy to get this bad boy for my Xray GTX8 ��.
​​​​I would like to know what is the best glow plug to go with it ? And if I m good using O.S. P4 right now, living in the South of France 25 degrees at the moment , will probably use P3 when temperatures goes under 15 degrees
Also, I got about 120-130 degrees temperatures for the engine to get the best of it, is this ok ? Air temperature was around 25-28. Glow plug looks ok , 25% Carbon fuel and can see smoke when throttle after turns. If I am going richer I am loosing lot of power but got more about 105-110 degrees for the engine.
Thx for your help, going for a race next weekend with it in Monaco La Turbie , don t want to burn it out ��
Hi Giles,
Yes, if the temps go under 15 then a P3 is a good choice. However don't forget to go to P4 when it becomes warmer again.

For the GT engines if at 120-130 you still have some smoke and good power then I would not worry too much. It can happend that the measuring device you use is a little off. This sometimes happens.

Have fun at the race, the track in Monaco is really unique and also the view
Lonestar and gilesdhay like this.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Giles,
Yes, if the temps go under 15 then a P3 is a good choice. However don't forget to go to P4 when it becomes warmer again.

For the GT engines if at 120-130 you still have some smoke and good power then I would not worry too much. It can happend that the measuring device you use is a little off. This sometimes happens.

Have fun at the race, the track in Monaco is really unique and also the view
Many Thx for your quick feedback Rody, much appreciated 😄
great I am in the good direction with it. This engine rocks for a GT8 car 💪👍
yes La Turbie track is one of the best spot for RC, what a view 😄
Best
Gilles
VS_Rody likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.