Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors >

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Like Tree138Likes

Rody VS Racing Engines - Onroad Motors

Old 11-04-2017, 10:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rick oxley
never heard of this before does this work when the engine has lost some
compresion instead of a liner pinch?
Yip- that is it. Often also can recover a liner that has been overheated.
You can experiment with slightly higher temps than a domestic oven if you have access to an autoclave or similar.

Do not use direct flame. Stick it in the oven for 20-30 minutes then let the sleeve cool naturally in the oven or out but do not quench. It basically relaxes some of the stretch put in by the heat cycles.

Especially useful on a motor that has just lost that 'edge'

Last edited by JTeamtech; 11-06-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JTeamtech
Yip- that is it. Often also can recover a liner that has been overheated.
You can experiment with slightly higher temps than a domestic oven if you have access to an autoclave or similar.

Do not use direct flame. Stick it in the oven for 20-30 minutes then let the sleeve cool naturally in the oven or out but do not quench. It basically relaxes some of the stretch put in by the heat cycles.

Especially useful on a mother that has just lots that 'edge'

I tried this with 3 of my motors over the weekend and it does work!
Old 11-07-2017, 02:22 PM
am
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I tried this with 3 of my motors over the weekend and it does work!
Have you tried running the engines afterwards?
Old 11-08-2017, 12:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
rody when u say finish the process over the next 4 tanks, do u mean 4 tanks in a row or cooling in between each tank then reheating and starting?
I do not let the engine cool down between each tank. I just run the 4 tanks is a row. But you can do the cooling-down in between also. Just take it easy the 1st minute on the track when you start driving again.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default VS03

Hi Rody,

I just saw the VS03 just launched, couple of questions would like to know.

Is it based on R2103? I've found both crankcase on 02 & 03 are same, but P/S, crank shaft are different. Also the in/ex port timing are same as previous models. Just wondering your spec isn't related to R2103. What kind of improvement will be find on VS03?
Old 11-10-2017, 05:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by beebone
Hi Rody,

I just saw the VS03 just launched, couple of questions would like to know.

Is it based on R2103? I've found both crankcase on 02 & 03 are same, but P/S, crank shaft are different. Also the in/ex port timing are same as previous models. Just wondering your spec isn't related to R2103. What kind of improvement will be find on VS03?
Hi BeeBone,

Yes, it is based upon the R2103 but since OS has gone back to the steel main-bearing the difference are not so important.

Compared to the VSR02 the VSR03 has a different crankshaft timing, it closes 5° earlier, which improves the low en rpm torque and also fuel-efficiency. I also made some extra work on the inlet of the crankshaft to have less turbulation.
On the sleeve, the shape of the exhaust port has been changed, this to make more efficient the changed inlet timing of the crankshaft.
Of course we still use our own design combustion chamber which also makes a difference.

The difference we have found is that compared to the VSR02 the VSR03 has more power on the low rpm area and is much more responsive on the throttle. While the VSR02 seemed a little more elastic on the throttle.

I just released a complete kit for to transform your VSR02 into a VSR03 engine.
You can find this kit here: VS12001

Check out the other spare-parts of the VSR03 engine HERE

AMAIN has just received the first VSR03 engines for whom is interested.

Hope this has helped you further.
Pedro Jesus likes this.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VS_Rody
Hi BeeBone,

Yes, it is based upon the R2103 but since OS has gone back to the steel main-bearing the difference are not so important.

Compared to the VSR02 the VSR03 has a different crankshaft timing, it closes 5° earlier, which improves the low en rpm torque and also fuel-efficiency. I also made some extra work on the inlet of the crankshaft to have less turbulation.
On the sleeve, the shape of the exhaust port has been changed, this to make more efficient the changed inlet timing of the crankshaft.
Of course we still use our own design combustion chamber which also makes a difference.

The difference we have found is that compared to the VSR02 the VSR03 has more power on the low rpm area and is much more responsive on the throttle. While the VSR02 seemed a little more elastic on the throttle.

I just released a complete kit for to transform your VSR02 into a VSR03 engine.
You can find this kit here: VS12001

Check out the other spare-parts of the VSR03 engine HERE

AMAIN has just received the first VSR03 engines for whom is interested.

Hope this has helped you further.
Just curious the head button in your upgrade kit is it different then the stock one?
Old 11-10-2017, 08:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Just curious the head button in your upgrade kit is it different then the stock one?
It is the same, it has only an additional silicone o-ring to keep the area inside the engine cleaner.

I am selling it also separately as an optional, they are not mounted on the original engines because I make only limited qty's, you can see these here: VS02002
Old 11-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Os speak about lower exhaust in R2103 and different timing in crank.
You did change only the crankshaft?
Or the exhaust was already lower than R2101-02?
Old 11-11-2017, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

rody the markings ontop of head on the carb side that has the numbers 20,30,40,50 does that mean something?
Old 11-11-2017, 01:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
Os speak about lower exhaust in R2103 and different timing in crank.
You did change only the crankshaft?
Or the exhaust was already lower than R2101-02?
No Lower exhaust timing on the OS R2103 compared to the older versions, just a change of the shape(which makes a difference).
Old 11-11-2017, 01:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

rody the markings ontop of head on the carb side that has the numbers 20,30,40,50 does that mean something?
This supposed to represent an rpm meter, I just discover the x1000 is missing on the design.
There is a small arrow in between the 40 and 50(48) so the engine can go up to 48.000, of course max rpm.
Just a thing to make a difference in look. On the buggy engine this has come out better then this one.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

This supposed to represent an rpm meter, I just discover the x1000 is missing on the design.
There is a small arrow in between the 40 and 50(48) so the engine can go up to 48.000, of course max rpm.
Just a thing to make a difference in look. On the buggy engine this has come out better then this one.

Rody your VSR03 or VSR2103 will always go up to 48,000 RPM?
Old 11-11-2017, 07:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Pedro Jesus
Rody your VSR03 or VSR2103 will always go up to 48,000 RPM?
Yes, it can reach this rpm but it's a red zone to be not too long for the engine.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, it can reach this rpm but it's a red zone to be not too long for the engine.
Yes I understand in these very high regimes it is not advisable to walk there long.
Because otherwise Motors will not last long.
But having a very high regimen sometimes may even be good for doing that bit more of TOP SPEED than the other competitor.

I like to follow your topics here in the forum.

Rody your VSR03 is priced very well Congratulations.
VS_Rody likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.