R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   Novarossi Ielasi Tuned Engines - Official Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/909529-novarossi-ielasi-tuned-engines-official-thread.html)

Roelof 08-20-2019 11:55 PM

In the offroad engine section there are many topics about these fuels.

NitroVein 08-21-2019 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by LOW ET (Post 15497513)
well it looks like i can get vp powermaster or byrons fuels readily available to me. which would you run and why?

Byron is usually a safe bet. Powermaster seems problematic at times, some say they have good results, and others not so much.
I would probably get one with less oil and add some pure castor to the level that you want.

cansoykal 08-21-2019 12:26 AM

Can you guys post some photos of the internals for the new raptor .12 or the previous .12 wc?

Michael_T 08-21-2019 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by cansoykal (Post 15497696)
Can you guys post some photos of the internals for the new raptor .12 or the previous .12 wc?

There are several significant changes. Have run both the WC and Raptor personally, I can safely say the Raptor is miles ahead

cansoykal 08-21-2019 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Michael_T (Post 15497712)

There are several significant changes. Have run both the WC and Raptor personally, I can safely say the Raptor is miles ahead

Honestly I just want to see the difference between the regular novarossi's (mito .12wc and mephisto) and the ielasi tuned ones.
I just got a Gimar .12 Blu Demon. I also would like to know how this compares to the raptor as well...

Roelof 08-21-2019 02:27 AM

The differences are within the timings that is impossible to see. The visual differences are not that much and mainly not important.

LOW ET 08-21-2019 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 15497691)
In the offroad engine section there are many topics about these fuels.

but we are talking onroad fuel. with people adding oil to the mix or not, 16% onroad fuel vs. 30% off road fuel, etc...

i think i've read every fuel topic i could find. maybe i'm just overthinking it. i've used vp powermaster in the past but since i picked up a couple raptors im trying to see what others are running with great success. just looking at the fuel used in the ens results and i dont see vp powermaster anywhere, but i did see a few using byrons.

Roelof 08-21-2019 01:46 PM

ENS is Europe, we use most of the time European brands. Runnertime is still one of te best fuels over here.MLC is also very popular.

LOW ET 08-21-2019 02:09 PM

i see alot of guys using energy fuel. i can find it here but i cant find someone who will ship it to me.

NitroVein 08-21-2019 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by LOW ET (Post 15497979)
i see alot of guys using energy fuel. i can find it here but i cant find someone who will ship it to me.

Most likely made by Meccamo, though there might be different blends.

1/8 IC Fan 08-21-2019 05:17 PM

Its "made" offered via the Pepe Group https://www.facebook.com/pepegroup/

I am sure it is in response to the Runner Time Fuels. They also make Blue Fuel, SRC Fuel, Xtreme Fuel, their own Turbo boost fuel and a few others.

cansoykal 08-22-2019 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 15497719)
The differences are within the timings that is impossible to see. The visual differences are not that much and mainly not important.

I don't agree with you. Timings are very important like you said but mods to increase flow make noticeable difference as well. I mod my own novarossi's and even the smallest porting is noticeable. I recently modded a rex legend 12 slightly and now it can keep up with the top level engines down the straight on our track.

Talk about a difference :)

1/8 IC Fan 08-22-2019 04:03 AM

That is not what Roelof was getting at, he was responding to your statement about wanting to "See" the difference, and that the timing differences would not be that visibly distinguishable to the untrained person... he said nothing about timing not being important.

If perhaps you wanted to see the time sheets and also the fuel consumption rates... then that is another story, yet was not very clear from your post #125

cansoykal 08-22-2019 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan (Post 15498257)
That is not what Roelof was getting at, he was responding to your statement about wanting to "See" the difference, and that the timing differences would not be that visibly distinguishable to the untrained person... he said nothing about timing not being important.

If perhaps you wanted to see the time sheets and also the fuel consumption rates... then that is another story, yet was not very clear from your post #125

I didn't mean that he said those were unimportant :). I just wanted to see the flow mods iealasi did on the mito and raptor.

Curiosity mostly

Cheers :D

NitroVein 08-22-2019 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan (Post 15498068)
Its "made" offered via the Pepe Group https://www.facebook.com/pepegroup/

I am sure it is in response to the Runner Time Fuels. They also make Blue Fuel, SRC Fuel, Xtreme Fuel, their own Turbo boost fuel and a few others.

Thanks for clearing that out. :) Need to look in to which brands they are involved in, I believe Runnertime for instance is just one of several brands offered from one group as well.