Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Novarossi Ielasi Tuned Engines - Official Thread >

Novarossi Ielasi Tuned Engines - Official Thread

Like Tree28Likes

Novarossi Ielasi Tuned Engines - Official Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 01:24 AM
  #46  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 11,030
Default

If it is set for 16% just add 0.1mm shimm. Some engines were delivered with a 16% and a 25% headbutton.
Roelof is offline  
Old 05-26-2017, 01:55 AM
  #47  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I've just taken delivery of the first stock of the new Nitro .21 engines. These came set for 16% with an additional button for 25%. I haven't run one yet but one of my customers ran his last weekend and the feedback has been impressive. It's a step forward from the 9CL which was also fantastic.

I think the 9CL came set for 16% as well because we've been on 16% nitro in Europe for a few years now. Unless Daniele set up engines for 25% for the US/Canada market? Perhaps the USA importer could confirm or you can also reach Ielasi Tuned by email or PM via Facebook. As Roelof said basically the difference between 16% and 25% is just running 0.1mm higher clearance for 25%.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 05-26-2017, 05:06 AM
  #48  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 265
Default

Thanks Roelof and Dan.

Whats the damage if I keep running the 16% button, with 25% nitro, without additional shims?

Coz I've been running mine without additional shim for a few weeks without knowing...
Ted Su(TW) is offline  
Old 05-26-2017, 05:32 AM
  #49  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 11,030
Default

You will get broken glowplugs and a quicker worn conrod with all possible follow up damages.
Ted Su(TW) likes this.
Roelof is offline  
Old 06-12-2017, 02:28 AM
  #50  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Ran the new Ielasi Tuned NITRO.21 over the weekend in my 977 Viper. The engine is absolutely incredible, super stable and holds steady tune all day long. I was also impressed with the run time this engine provides. I could easily do 5:40 and still had fuel for another lap. Whilst others at the meeting with XRD and OS engines struggled to make 5 minutes. The previous Ielasi Tuned 9CL was excellent but the new NITRO engine just sets the bar even higher.
Ted Su(TW) likes this.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 06-12-2017, 07:29 AM
  #51  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 265
Default

that's great to hear.

What pipe and header did you use?


Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Ran the new Ielasi Tuned NITRO.21 over the weekend in my 977 Viper. The engine is absolutely incredible, super stable and holds steady tune all day long. I was also impressed with the run time this engine provides. I could easily do 5:40 and still had fuel for another lap. Whilst others at the meeting with XRD and OS engines struggled to make 5 minutes. The previous Ielasi Tuned 9CL was excellent but the new NITRO engine just sets the bar even higher.
Ted Su(TW) is offline  
Old 06-12-2017, 07:51 AM
  #52  
avs
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I get the 0.1mm shim per 10% nitro, but now with a different head button the base setting is unclear. The exploded views for 9CL, MITO9WC and ISON all show 1x 0.1mm and 2x 0.3mm shim as the base setting. The included view was specific to the 9CL with both head buttons shown etc.

However, the motor I received was 'pre-run', with the 6f plug, 25% button, 1x 0.1mm and 1x 0.3mm shim. The head clearance measure close to 0.5mm.

Can someone confirm a proper head clearance for running 25% at sea level?
avs is offline  
Old 06-17-2017, 02:49 AM
  #53  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ted Su(TW) View Post
that's great to hear.

What pipe and header did you use?
Always the 2015 pipe with the 5 or 6 ring conical manifold depending where I want the power band to be. Usually the 6 ring most of the time.
Ted Su(TW) likes this.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 06-17-2017, 02:52 AM
  #54  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by avs View Post
I get the 0.1mm shim per 10% nitro, but now with a different head button the base setting is unclear. The exploded views for 9CL, MITO9WC and ISON all show 1x 0.1mm and 2x 0.3mm shim as the base setting. The included view was specific to the 9CL with both head buttons shown etc.

However, the motor I received was 'pre-run', with the 6f plug, 25% button, 1x 0.1mm and 1x 0.3mm shim. The head clearance measure close to 0.5mm.

Can someone confirm a proper head clearance for running 25% at sea level?
Was the 25% button already installed in the engine? All the Ielasi .21's I have all came with the 16% button installed and the 25 % button in the box (9CL's and new Nitro WC's).

All you need to do to switch between 16% and 25% is switch out the button. Thats it, leave the shimming the same. You only need to add 0.1mm shim if you go up to using 30% nitro.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 06-17-2017, 12:43 PM
  #55  
avs
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Was the 25% button already installed in the engine? All the Ielasi .21's I have all came with the 16% button installed and the 25 % button in the box (9CL's and new Nitro WC's).

All you need to do to switch between 16% and 25% is switch out the button. Thats it, leave the shimming the same. You only need to add 0.1mm shim if you go up to using 30% nitro.
Thanks for the reply, it came with the 25% button installed, these may be custom assembled for a specific market?

Apparently I wasn't wearing my glasses and missed the aluminum shim that came off with the head. So it actually was delivered with 0.7mm of total shim, but I was trying to double-check the desired clearance with solder.
avs is offline  
Old 06-17-2017, 01:31 PM
  #56  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by avs View Post
Thanks for the reply, it came with the 25% button installed, these may be custom assembled for a specific market?

Apparently I wasn't wearing my glasses and missed the aluminum shim that came off with the head. So it actually was delivered with 0.7mm of total shim, but I was trying to double-check the desired clearance with solder.
You're good to go then.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 06-18-2017, 05:18 PM
  #57  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Ran the new Ielasi Tuned NITRO.21 over the weekend in my 977 Viper. The engine is absolutely incredible, super stable and holds steady tune all day long. I was also impressed with the run time this engine provides. I could easily do 5:40 and still had fuel for another lap. Whilst others at the meeting with XRD and OS engines struggled to make 5 minutes. The previous Ielasi Tuned 9CL was excellent but the new NITRO engine just sets the bar even higher.
Did you get to check the timings of the new Nitro engine & compared them to the 9CL which IMHO have what I would call 'late' timing for all - crank, Intakes & exhaust. Many thanks & Regards Richard
GreyPower is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 02:27 PM
  #58  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GreyPower View Post
Did you get to check the timings of the new Nitro engine & compared them to the 9CL which IMHO have what I would call 'late' timing for all - crank, Intakes & exhaust. Many thanks & Regards Richard
No I don't bother with that kind of thing to be honest. The 9CL was very good and the nitro is even better in every aspect. I'm very happy with mine as are the 4 customers running them here.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 07-12-2017, 07:46 PM
  #59  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
ogreasurada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SZ-China
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

whats the difference between hand tuned and machine tuned?
ogreasurada is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 02:24 AM
  #60  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 11,030
Default

Originally Posted by ogreasurada View Post
whats the difference between hand tuned and machine tuned?
As it says, machine tuned means that all is done by the CNC machine with the specs set in the CNC program but due difficult angles and finally machine time some things can better be done by hand....

Looking at a lot of engines with a "hand tuned" work I am pretty sure a lot is done by machine, hand tuned only sounds more special and sells better.....
Roelof is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.