Wiki Posts
Search

MAX POWER ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy 221501 Mega MF21 7P MasMo

Hi,

I have a Mega MF21 7P MasMo I know there is also a version of MAX Power where the PISTON/SLEEVE are similar to the MF21. Does anybody know the product number of the PISTON/SLEEVE?

The PISTON/SLEEVE from Mega are to critically tuned..broke 3 PISTON/SLEEVE of Mega....

Thanks,
Mich.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

From my experience the break in of these engines is very long. I am sorry that I can not help you with Nova equvillents...
Old 10-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
From my experience the break in of these engines is very long.
but it also last long
Old 10-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FF25510
but it also last long
Good things come to those with the patience to wait. No fuel problems at the Fort. I am really enjoying the whole "run them down on the back straight" even better yet the old "if I am near you at the apex your going to get passed".
Old 10-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi All,

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, Max Power has released a XL7 last week...

Its a 7 port engine and they are claiming almost the same hp as the XL9/TQ.

Well, seems that the good old 7 port tech is still and well alive Lets just guess if it is due to full consumption issues or other matters...

What makes it interesting is the pricetag. Saw it selling ~150US less compared to the TQ.

Cheers
TP
Old 03-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know what size bearings the .12 sl3 uses? Is it 11.5 in the rear?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxx
Does anyone know what size bearings the .12 sl3 uses? Is it 11.5 in the rear?
Yes, Max .12 engines uses 11.5mm bearings.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Yes, Max .12 engines uses 11.5mm bearings.
I have the choice for 3 motors need to get one this week, jp eagle 9 mod vers. MAX xl9 tq or the flash 21 murnan modded, wich is the biggest beast out of the 3...Please comment if you ran all 3, or 2, no biased opionions please
Old 03-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
I have the choice for 3 motors need to get one this week, jp eagle 9 mod vers. MAX xl9 tq or the flash 21 murnan modded, wich is the biggest beast out of the 3...Please comment if you ran all 3, or 2, no biased opionions please
I have ran both the JP and recently switched to Max and to me the Max is a way better engine all around to the JP,for one the Max is cheaper in price and two the Max has better low/mid end power than the JP and third the Max gets better fuel milage,i have not had the chance to try the new Flash engine but its really a 359 other than a new color head and case its the same engines and its the most expensive out of the three engines but its really all about your preference and budget and also support in your area wich i think Max will offer the better support here in the US,hope this helps ..
Old 03-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roniel_R
I have ran both the JP and recently switched to Max and to me the Max is a way better engine all around to the JP,for one the Max is cheaper in price and two the Max has better low/mid end power than the JP and third the Max gets better fuel milage,i have not had the chance to try the new Flash engine but its really a 359 other than a new color head and case its the same engines and its the most expensive out of the three engines but its really all about your preference and budget and also support in your area wich i think Max will offer the better support here in the US,hope this helps ..
thanx, yea im going to go with the max, hearing TOO many good things not to, the pipe for it is the 2018 im assuming for overall power and milage? i noticed the run different orientation headers, also does the xl9 tq only come massimo fatini tuned? want to make sure i get the best, and im assuming this is the most current i havent seen anything on there site? thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

From what i have seen the jp eagle r9 was more topend then the max xl9 but the max has more bottomend not much but it does and the max gets better gas mileage but seeing how mugen isnt going to be bringing in jp engines anymore i would go withe the max but knowing murnan i will be willing to bet that the murnan modified flash is the fastest engine on the market his m353r is already the fastest .12 on the market followed buy the jp eagle tl3-t
Old 03-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
thanx, yea im going to go with the max, hearing TOO many good things not to, the pipe for it is the 2018 im assuming for overall power and milage? i noticed the run different orientation headers, also does the xl9 tq only come massimo fatini tuned? want to make sure i get the best, and im assuming this is the most current i havent seen anything on there site? thanks
You will not be disspointed with the TQXL9,yes the pipe for it is the 2018 with conical header, about the different headers they only have one,and yes the XL9 only comes Tunned and is MaxPower`s top onroad engine,pm me with any more info you may want to know ?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HoboShop
From what i have seen the jp eagle r9 was more topend then the max xl9 but the max has more bottomend not much but it does and the max gets better gas mileage but seeing how mugen isnt going to be bringing in jp engines anymore i would go withe the max but knowing murnan i will be willing to bet that the murnan modified flash is the fastest engine on the market his m353r is already the fastest .12 on the market followed buy the jp eagle tl3-t
i have run the JP and i dont think that the Eagle R09 has more topend than the Max,alot has to do with the right gearing and tunning i think they are about the same,but with todays economy the Max is the best all around engine for the money,all these other engines are close to $700,about the Murnan engines yes they are fst but really hard on the fuel milage so what good is an engine that is fast but goes 4 minutes,not bashing on Murnans product but as a racer you have to take all these things into consideration,just my opinion.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roniel_R
i have not had the chance to try the new Flash engine but its really a 359 other than a new color head and case its the same engines
As far as I know, the new Flash is based on the 35+21 and not the 359...
Old 03-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M7H
As far as I know, the new Flash is based on the 35+21 and not the 359...
I dont think so ,the piston/sleeve/conrod are different and also the crank has the small pin on it like the 359

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.