R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #136
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
Ran the new Max RR3 .12 with the 2649 pipe today....Very good combination..smooth power all the way to the top...Good fuel ecconomy, ran 5m15s while blowing a large amount of smoke the whole time. Can't wait to lean it out a little more when it gets fully broke in.
That's weird that you have the 2649 pipe already, it's not even available yet here in europe.
Can you tell me how the new pipe performs compared against a 2601/2602?.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
That's weird that you have the 2649 pipe already, it's not even available yet here in europe.
Can you tell me how the new pipe performs compared against a 2601/2602?.
I can't tell you about the 2601, I don't have one of those, but the 2602 to the 2649, I like the way the power comes on better, it gives a strong pull, I felt it gives better bottom end and keeps the engine pulling, smooth from bottom to top, keeping it balanced, not just strong on the bottom and weak in the middle with a sudden surge at the top..... With the RR3, the 2602 gave me 5m2sec runtime and with the 2649 I ran 5m15sec without a chang of the engine tune. The temps were the same, right around 215.

I picked up .2 seconds a lap. From an 18lap 5:00.92 to a 19lap 5:12.23. Consistant lap times of 16.6's with the 2602 and 16.4's with the 2649.

Overall, the 2649 has the best of both worlds, runtime and faster speeds.

Last edited by rcfoolz; 04-20-2009 at 05:32 PM.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #138
Tech Master

Ok, from your experiences i think it will work pretty well on my JP eagle.
The jp has a bit too much top end and lacks badly in low end. I was searching for a pipe which would give it a more linear powerband.

Now i only have to find someone who sells it over here in europe.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #139
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
The jp has a bit too much top end and lacks badly in low end. I was searching for a pipe which would give it a more linear powerband.

Hey i have the eagle tl3t .12 and even though it is not know for its bottom end i have found a way to get some decent torque out of the engine. I have a vone rrr evo 2 wc i run 16,22 60,56 and i run 2620 jp pipe and the 2d clutch with 4 fly weights instead of the 2 fly weights that the stock set-up calls for. i have found the the clutch hits alot hard with the 4 fly weights and with the clutch spring tighen down to 9.6. it comes out of the hole really hard now and like you said early the rpms the motor turns take care of the top end which might sound crazy but it seems like it just keeps pulling. Run the sirio clutch with the xray that should give you the low end you are looking for. i havent tried my sirio clutch yet but it is suppose to be better than the 2d, and 3d kyosho clutch`s.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #140
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
Hey i have the eagle tl3t .12 and even though it is not know for its bottom end i have found a way to get some decent torque out of the engine. I have a vone rrr evo 2 wc i run 16,22 60,56 and i run 2620 jp pipe and the 2d clutch with 4 fly weights instead of the 2 fly weights that the stock set-up calls for. i have found the the clutch hits alot hard with the 4 fly weights and with the clutch spring tighen down to 9.6. it comes out of the hole really hard now and like you said early the rpms the motor turns take care of the top end which might sound crazy but it seems like it just keeps pulling. Run the sirio clutch with the xray that should give you the low end you are looking for. i havent tried my sirio clutch yet but it is suppose to be better than the 2d, and 3d kyosho clutch`s.
Your clutch setup is what a good deal of the team has been using for a while now. I think you will find that clutch is just as good as the Sirio clutch.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #141
Tech Regular

Quote:

Also, try the 2601 pipe. From our testing, we thought it gave the Eagle more bottom end than the 2620.
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:31 AM   #142
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
Your clutch setup is what a good deal of the team has been using for a while now. I think you will find that clutch is just as good as the Sirio clutch.
Currently i'm running the serpent wc clutch with the hard JP spring, but even then i can't tighten it down enough to get the clutch hitting hard enough.
I just ordered the Team orion crf spring, i hope that it does the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesoto View Post
Also, try the 2601 pipe. From our testing, we thought it gave the Eagle more bottom end than the 2620.
Yes my team mate is using the 2601 as well, he is also saying that it gives the engine a better bottom end. I have a 2604 RB as well, haven't tested that one yet. Might be a bit better than the Mega 2602 which i'm currently using.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:28 AM   #143
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Max V Murnan

Ok, So has any one here actually seen a Max XXL3 take on a fully blown Murnan, say a 12-3SCT or the new M353R. I know these are probably the best 3 engines money can buy, but I have never had the pleasure of seing these in a side by side clash,, has any one ever had the pleasure???.
Not trying to bag either brand or put either on a pedastal, just wanting to know peoples UN-BIAST FACTUAL opinions.
warpspeed57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #144
Tech Adept

XXL3 is no doubt faster than any .12 engine out there.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #145
Tech Regular

a murnan engine can beat any Stock engine, your comparison is a little unfair because one is partly mod and the other is full mod. the thing that i would like to see is a head to head battle of a murnan XXL3 and a m353r.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #146
Tech Adept

why do you want to modify an already modified engine? XXL3 is a full blown M. Fantini modified engine.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #147
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpspeed57 View Post
Ok, So has any one here actually seen a Max XXL3 take on a fully blown Murnan, say a 12-3SCT or the new M353R. I know these are probably the best 3 engines money can buy, but I have never had the pleasure of seing these in a side by side clash,, has any one ever had the pleasure???.
Not trying to bag either brand or put either on a pedastal, just wanting to know peoples UN-BIAST FACTUAL opinions.
well it all has to do with who tuning the engines and and who setting the cars up . so that would be hard to say which is faster. unless you try them all yourself . then it would be a fair test because you can set the car up and set all the clutches the same on each motor. use the same fuel and pipe and header
Old 04-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #148
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Max Sl3 Button

Does anyone know the novarossi equivalent part number for the button on the older SL3 if there is one.

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #149
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Amato View Post
Does anyone know the novarossi equivalent part number for the button on the older SL3 if there is one.
i know it
Old 04-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #150
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

PLEEEEEASEE

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote