R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-13-2005, 09:17 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gun 777
I will still continue collect data by my new software.
ed, can you wear camouflage clothing and paint the laptop with camouflage color next time ? so we won't be distracted, especially at the end of the straight ?

maybe you can ask james and dana to let you setup a microphone stand on their tracks, with wireless connection so you don't have to run up and down the track with a lap top on your hand. got to show me how the system work next time, i will put on my hunting cloths.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:32 AM   #32
Tech Adept

Quote:
Yes you can change from 5 to 3 port piston/liner within the same construction-it will fit perfectly.
About performance-it is questionable-some people claim that 5 ports is faster and I personaly doubt it. If you use good 3 P/L set with outlaw carb and pipe it will be as fast as 5 port if not faster.
Edward
That's great news, thanks Top Gun, will go ahead with the new LS 3 port sleeve for my S5...if they have the new ones.

BTW, what does P/L stand for? Thanks.
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:41 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-nil
That's great news, thanks Top Gun, will go ahead with the new LS 3 port sleeve for my S5...if they have the new ones.

BTW, what does P/L stand for? Thanks.
P/L stand for piston/liner set. Nobody sell just the sleeve or piston-only in fitted sets.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:45 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data
ed, can you wear camouflage clothing and paint the laptop with camouflage color next time ? so we won't be distracted, especially at the end of the straight ?

maybe you can ask james and dana to let you setup a microphone stand on their tracks, with wireless connection so you don't have to run up and down the track with a lap top on your hand. got to show me how the system work next time, i will put on my hunting cloths.
the straight
BTW, your motor was 38.600 ( i think you had green body that day)
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:47 AM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
BTW, your motor was 38.600 ( i think you had green body that day)
Edward
hey!!! who told you to do that ?!?!?! i am suing !!! yeah, that was my POS RRR with a STS R3 on it, ran it for the first time, don't know how to drive TC anymore, might go back to lola if i couldn't get it to work within a month. will try the TZ this weekend, want to see how good it really is.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data
hey!!! who told you to do that ?!?!?! i am suing !!! yeah, that was my POS RRR with a STS R3 on it, ran it for the first time, don't know how to drive TC anymore, might go back to lola if i couldn't get it to work within a month. will try the TZ this weekend, want to see how good it really is.
You will make it.
You will be ammezed how TZ will be faster I am sure you will like TZ more then everything else.
Edward
Old 07-13-2005, 06:27 PM   #37
Tech Adept

Quote:
P/L stand for piston/liner set. Nobody sell just the sleeve or piston-only in fitted sets.
Edward
Thanks Top Gun.
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:00 AM   #38
Tech Initiate

Hİ! Today was race day and i tried my new tz 3p. It was really fast in spite of i was still breaking it while racing. I am breaking it with a mixed Cefx and Os manuel's methods. I have broken in the engine before the race day with about 6 tanks and a 2 more tank in the morning of the race(5 tanks on the race) so it was still very rich and no fine tuning, altough this it was really fast, and vas very confident after 6 tanks, i had many few problems in rich setting with no fine tuning,i can think it when is tuned fine and i think it will be more confident after a few tanks. The accelaration of the engine was very smooth so it fitted to my rs4 3 very well and i had few problems with handling.
So,i loved the engine until now.
The comparison with nsr3? It is next week,my opinion is that they will be very close in our mid size track. Bets are still available.

Last edited by ontheroad; 07-17-2005 at 09:31 AM.
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:20 PM   #39
Tech Initiate

I have been running a RR12L3 in my rs4-3 with a centax clutch abd vantage carbon fiber outlaw pipe. Acceleration is fantastic!!! The r40 clutch works very well and the car really launches when gunned. Now that the OS Tz .12 is out, I am wondering if I should use that engine instead of/aswell. I run the rr12l3 with 30% nitro and without the reducer. The engine still runs with it rich on top with the low speed leaned for a really good idle. Engine still smokes and I am nearing close to 2 gallons. I am really impressed with the rr12l3 but this has really been my first racing engine. I just run my rs4-3 for short track parking lot type racing where acceleration is the name of the game (as well as braking and turning!!!). If I can get just as good acceleration from the .12 Tz (3-port) as the rr12l3 then I just may get one. I know tuning makes a big difference but maybe others with experience with both an OS Tz .12 an rr12 can give me some pointers. I am willing to guess that the rr12l3 probably puts out the most torque for a small block .12...
rs4lola is offline   Reply With Quote