Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Novarossi Vir-tus.21

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jusandsil
I heard about a Vir-Tus .21/S red dot version. what the difference between the regular one and the red dot team engine? thanks!
The team engines ship with a tamper proof sealed screw in the bottom RH corner of the backplate so not sure if anyone is going to jump on here and give you chapter and verse of the changes but I think we can assume some port work on the crank , some careful selection of the other components and normal motor build procedures i.e. make sure all the square parts are square and the round ones are round , current motors are so near the edge of the performance envelope there's not much else to do.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
The team engines ship with a tamper proof sealed screw in the bottom RH corner of the backplate so not sure if anyone is going to jump on here and give you chapter and verse of the changes but I think we can assume some port work on the crank , some careful selection of the other components and normal motor build procedures i.e. make sure all the square parts are square and the round ones are round , current motors are so near the edge of the performance envelope there's not much else to do.
what do you mean by tamper proof sealed screw? do you mean that we can't change the bearings, conrods and etc if they need replacing? thanks!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

what do you mean by tamper proof sealed screw? do you mean that we can't change the bearings, conrods and etc if they need replacing? thanks!
Correct - it gets sent back to Italy for those items
Old 05-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Correct - it gets sent back to Italy for those items
Well that's a big hassle. Thanks for the info, I'll just have to get the normal one.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Lord

Well that's a big hassle. Thanks for the info, I'll just have to get the normal one.
I even do not think you can buy such a team engine.......
Old 05-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roelof
I even do not think you can buy such a team engine.......
they sell in singapore.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Lord

Why would you seal a normal customer engine? The customer can not do the maintenance and if he wants to see the secrets inside he may break the seal or do these enginges come with a maintenance contract? Even then the secrets of team engines are easy to get so I do not think they are the real deal.

As with many Asian products I would say it is a fake.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roelof
Why would you seal a normal customer engine? The customer can not do the maintenance and if he wants to see the secrets inside he may break the seal or do these enginges come with a maintenance contract? Even then the secrets of team engines are easy to get so I do not think they are the real deal.

As with many Asian products I would say it is a fake.
Team engines are only provided for team drivers, so how come they appear in the market?
Old 05-16-2013, 04:49 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

I have a .12 red dot Keep On. An excellent engine for sure and not cheap! Sadly, it did not come with magical powers and with it I am still pretty much an average driver on any given Sunday at the track.

It is definitely better than the tuned version and comes pre broke in, but I cannot say it is any better than an ORCAN GT3 or a good mod by Murnan.

I was lucky to see and hear Robert Pietsch's engine at the .12 pre-worlds. My engine does not sound like his when using the same pipe. His was the car to beat at that race (but had mech trouble in the main) and his engines screamed like you would not believe. I wish I could have dissected his clutch and measured the setup. It was awesome to watch and listen to him on the track.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Red Dot engines are definitely not fake.
We are the authorized distributor for NR in Singapore.
We can back up with the original invoice from NR for verification if in doubt.
These engines are exclusive to few NR distributors around the world to support their team drivers.
The differences btw the normal Vs Red Dot: enhanced + blueprinting.
During the 1/10 WC in BKK, the normal .12S Keep-On peaked around 284F++ while the Red Dots are clocking at 320F++ without suffering any lost in performance! The Red Dot engines are running at a leaner tuning, higher temperature.
As for the tamper proof sealed screw, you can easily cut a slot and open up the backplate like any other engines if you do not intend to send back to NR for servicing.
We have sold Red Dot Keep-On .12, .21 and Virtus .21 till date.
If you have any requirement, drop a pm!

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:37 PM
HHH
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by evirobs
The Red Dot engines are definitely not fake.
We are the authorized distributor for NR in Singapore.
We can back up with the original invoice from NR for verification if in doubt.
These engines are exclusive to few NR distributors around the world to support their team drivers.
The differences btw the normal Vs Red Dot: enhanced + blueprinting.
During the 1/10 WC in BKK, the normal .12S Keep-On peaked around 284F++ while the Red Dots are clocking at 320F++ without suffering any lost in performance! The Red Dot engines are running at a leaner tuning, higher temperature.
As for the tamper proof sealed screw, you can easily cut a slot and open up the backplate like any other engines if you do not intend to send back to NR for servicing.
We have sold Red Dot Keep-On .12, .21 and Virtus .21 till date.
If you have any requirement, drop a pm!

Thanks!
Evirobs is the right guy to talk to if you want to try a Red Dot!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Please check PM. Thank you
Old 05-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have seen a shop that they carry the red dot, it is taking about us$1250, but I am not sure how many different grade of red dot supplied to racers or normal walk in customer.
Good luck
Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The funny thing is that it takes Novarossi to copy my offset carb design 9 years!!!
I designed and made my Palmaris PS12 engines with carb offset in 2003, in 2004 on Winternats we used first prototype engines.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-n...ne-thread.html
found one old crancase in my junk yard.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i still have your 21 piston set in my box

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.