R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   Axe Rossi Motors. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/68128-axe-rossi-motors.html)

Qlder 04-04-2005 02:16 AM

Axe Rossi Motors.

I have just received some Axe Rossi LSK and Speed 1 Buggy motors and so far after a couple of race meetings are very happy with them. We have used Rossi Black Magics for the last couple of years and although powerful they seemed a little difficult to tune.

So far the newer models have been extremely reliable and easy to tune as well. The LSK seems to be a match for any buggy motor on the market at the moment.

Has anyone tried them and had any issues with them ? I think Trinity import them into US...??

Regards Brad... Australia. :)

Scooter 04-19-2005 06:05 AM

I have the Pixie outlaw 5 port in my NTC3. I've run almost 2 gallons of fuel through it and if it feels like running it's a rocket. Most times though, it will run fine for a couple of laps and then lean right out. Absolute total frustration never knowing whether it will accelerate or sputter and die. I've taken apart, cleaned, resealed so many times and have yet to find the problem. I've had every fast guy at our local tracks look at it and no one seems to have an answer. I'll never buy another.

InitialD 04-19-2005 09:32 PM

Motorman suggest that on the Pixie, the engine is way overshimmed in stock form. It leans out because head clearance is too high. Depending on the amount of nitro, take out the shims under the button head to reduce the head clearance.

Qlder 04-20-2005 02:56 AM

We ran the Pixie 3 Port here but they weren't competitive on bigger tracks, however they were usually pretty reliable. Maybe 2 gallons isn't run in yet.. :weird: I now use them in a 10th Truck and they are way overkill :lol: but ultra reliable.(1hour Final no worries) I have run maybe 20 litres through mine and it still nips at tdc cold.

The LSK buggy motor was pretty ordinary at first but after about 8 litres (2 gallons) it is now as powerful and fast as any buggy motor I've seen and fuel economy is excellent.

I have just ordered some Rossi X3 .12 engines so I hope that they are as good as the LSK.

Scooter 04-20-2005 07:32 AM

I'll try losing a shim or two, thanks for the ideas....... Using the solder squish method, what kind of clearance should I be looking for?

finbone 04-20-2005 10:28 AM

my teammate runs the black pixie's. the 5 port lost compression after a gallon and had to be resized but the 3 port is on its 6 gallon and still pinches at tdc.

Qlder 12-30-2005 09:28 PM

AXE Rossi are about to release a new motor for 8th onroad and offroad. According to the press release it is a completely new design from the LSK/LS1 .

We have been running the LSK here in Aus and it is an awesome motor , especially after changing to a turbo button and using OS P3 plugs and the 9894 pipe... If the new motor is better they will have have a winner.

Hopefully the price will be competitive with the competition.. :) :)

Riketsu 01-07-2006 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scooter
I'll try losing a shim or two, thanks for the ideas....... Using the solder squish method, what kind of clearance should I be looking for?

Here are the things you need to check:
-Fuel line and pipe line aint close to the head of the engine == this heats up the air or the fuel and makes the engine run lean.
-Check your pipe and header for any air leaks.
-Check your tank for any holes or air leaks.

The engine is very sensitive when it comes to airleaks. Also, do not rely on the engine running slow to check if its lean, because it has run top power while being 300F degrees for me.

Depending on what carb you have on your engine [Theres like 3 types of Rossi carbs], determines how sensitive your carb is on the top/low needle. I'll talk to a friend of mine that has a junkyard of Rossi engines to see all the types of carbs there are.

TomiRC 02-16-2006 09:06 PM

I just bought a Rossi X5. I will let you know how the engine goes when I receive it.

Riketsu 02-16-2006 09:17 PM

Careful with the carburator. My friend has a X3 and its very jealous with settings. Had to change it to a Rossi R12 carb to make setting it easier.