R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to DJ_Normal
Default O.S. RG-X compression question

Hey guys.

First off, I am pretty much a nitro engine newb. Not a total newb, but some things still elude me.

For instance, I recently picked up a used O.S. RG-X engine as a first engine for my buggy. The person I purchased this engine from said it on;y had 3 tanks of breakin run through it. I got a good price on it, so when I received it, I gave it a look over, and everything seemed ok. Well not totally ok. It looked like the pullstart had been removed and put back on, but also the pull start cord wasn't clean. It had noticable brown stains all along it's length. This is my first PS engine BTW. So I give the cord a pull (no glow plug), and it turns over with very little resistance. My buddy has a brand new RG-X, and when he pulls his over, it is much more difficult. I stuck a glow plug into mine and will admit, it wasn't easy to turn over, maybe a little harder then my friend's without the glow plug. Would 3 tanks of breakin make that much difference?

Also, did O.S. change the style of there RG cooling heads recently? Ours are the same size and same number of fins, but mine is a lot more 'open' on the inside.

Thanks for your input.
DJ_Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to DJ_Normal

Bump.
DJ_Normal is offline   Reply With Quote