Mugen Racing Pipes

Reply

Old 03-27-2005, 06:37 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
superdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 6
Default Mugen Racing Pipes

Has anyone used the Mugen Seiki racing pipe for 1/10? How do you like it?
superdp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 08:58 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Jamie Corrado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: >New York<
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Mugen Conical header/Pipe combo is great in my opinion. Real good combo of low end punch and top end rip. And the pipe just seems stronger and able to take a T-bone hit better than some cheaper pipes. The downfall is they are rather expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for.
Jamie Corrado is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:40 AM
  #3  
Tech Master
 
TRAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Default

Originally posted by Jamie Corrado
Mugen Conical header/Pipe combo is great in my opinion. Real good combo of low end punch and top end rip. And the pipe just seems stronger and able to take a T-bone hit better than some cheaper pipes. The downfall is they are rather expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for.
Well said
TRAJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:04 AM
  #4  
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: Mugen Racing Pipes

Originally posted by superdp
Has anyone used the Mugen Seiki racing pipe for 1/10? How do you like it?
Best pipe combo for any Nova based engine out there and for STS engines to. It simply has everything, low, mid and high end punch.

AFM
afm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:54 PM
  #5  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 235
Default

Which model Mugen pipe is this?
RunarounD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:51 PM
  #6  
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

I think they are referring to this one...

http://www.the-border.com/image.php?productid=19791
InitialD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:31 AM
  #7  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 235
Default

D,

I think that is the old model. The new ones got the funky new Mugen logo. By the way, why didn't you race last weekend? I was plagued with bad luck. The car handled beautifully though. First heat running with an overtightened side belt pulley, 2nd heat was crashed into by another car, I ran the third heat with a broken thrust bearing causing excessive drag and subsequently causing me to run out of fuel before 5 min. Anyway managed to qualify for the Mugen Cup finals well enough.
RunarounD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:38 AM
  #8  
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Originally posted by RunarounD
I think that is the old model. The new ones got the funky new Mugen logo.
Ummm... Have not seen that one.

Originally posted by RunarounD
By the way, why didn't you race last weekend? I was plagued with bad luck. The car handled beautifully though. First heat running with an overtightened side belt pulley, 2nd heat was crashed into by another car, I ran the third heat with a broken thrust bearing causing excessive drag and subsequently causing me to run out of fuel before 5 min. Anyway managed to qualify for the Mugen Cup finals well enough.
Congrats on the qualification. I did not want to miss the opportunity to race seeing that it was a big one but the timing was ackward as I had other commitments... I guess I'll just have to sit in during the finals and be a pit monkey for those guys.
InitialD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:58 PM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
superdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 6
Default

I think this is the newer model of the pipe

http://acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/ca...d97b71c2d85226
superdp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:30 PM
  #10  
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Originally posted by superdp
I think this is the newer model of the pipe

http://acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/ca...d97b71c2d85226
Yes that is THE ONE. Actually this is a special version from Mugen USA.
The one they sell in Europe is similar to a M.Mielke pipe

AFM
afm is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service