R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Just wanna follow up on those avid rc bearings.. not bad.. i didnt order them for the engine, i needed bearings for my electric serpent so i thought for $5/ea id try them out.
they cannot be used out of the bag.. waaaaay too much grease in there to be smooth. took a little bit of cleaning to sort it out but with light oil they work pretty well. still feel a little gritty. maybe i didnt get enough of the crap out but didnt want to use an entire can of brakleen ha.

Ill prob get a set of acer bearings for my pancar for winter, so ill have a better side by side comparison then. certainly no worse than the stock serpent bearings.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Engines for sale, not enough time for Nitro Sedan...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-t-1060-a.html
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Any one testing this motor with different pipes? i got it with the 1070 pipe but think that is more of a big track pipe. we race in the parking lot so looking to maximize low to mid. or would i be better to just to novarossi pipes with the varied manifolds?
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
Any one testing this motor with different pipes? i got it with the 1070 pipe but think that is more of a big track pipe. we race in the parking lot so looking to maximize low to mid. or would i be better to just to novarossi pipes with the varied manifolds?
Try Reds pipe & short manifold, as a cheaper solution, i have ran both with very little difference. this engine has massive power through the whole range and revvs its tits off, you wont need to play with pipes/ manifolds just gear it a little shorter for short tracks. This is one of the fastest over the counter motors available at the moment, so enjoy the advantage.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Definitely revs. i have my nt1 geared at the top with 59mm tires and it still bounches off the revlimit lol. geared it up cause the car just drifts everywhere with lower gearing. normally i run 55-56mm tires for qualifiers and even the tallest gearing i can throw in the car just lights em up out of every corner heh. Ive been running quite rich even as i havent had enough track time to really tune the engine outside the baseline heh.

my os pipe has some dings in it but nothing major. not looking for a replacement just yet but curious how other branded pipes work with it. though i suppose os went through a lot of trouble to tune this engine and pipe together, but here in canada there aren't any large permanent tracks to open it up on =(
Wish i had tried my 2630 pipe on it before giving it away.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:40 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
Try Reds pipe & short manifold, as a cheaper solution, i have ran both with very little difference. this engine has massive power through the whole range and revvs its tits off, you wont need to play with pipes/ manifolds just gear it a little shorter for short tracks. This is one of the fastest over the counter motors available at the moment, so enjoy the advantage.
hey man which reds pipe in particular for moorebank? and will my nova 2660 pipe work? also wat os pipe do you recon will be the best? OS T1050sc L52?

cheers,
Adam.
Fataba 3PMX 2.4GHz
Ulti Tyres
pistonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
hey man which reds pipe in particular for moorebank? and will my nova 2660 pipe work? also wat os pipe do you recon will be the best? OS T1050sc L52?

cheers,
Adam.
Adam,

Use the Reds 2669, Jay sells them with manifold for about $54. That's what we ran with our OS today. The Reds 2669 is the same as the Picco pipe.
M16 Racing Fuels
Mazda614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post

cheers,
Adam.
Adam
the OS T-1070SC L52 is designed for this engine but little expensive and soft.
The Reds pipe with the shorter manifold i have found a good alternative pipe.
You can try the 2660 it should work.
Cheers Bro.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice

cheers guys!!!, yeah dont want to be pushing out dents in my pipe all the time like that old crf pipe haha,
see you guys this weekend
Fataba 3PMX 2.4GHz
Ulti Tyres
pistonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #25
Tech Regular

can someone pls give me the factory setup for the carb?
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
I am having some challenges setting up the carb. especially the LSN. Do you guys run the LSN flushed with the carb?

I find mine when flushed, it's very difficult to get it fired up and the bottom end is very rich but leans out as the engine gets hotter. Usually the first 3 laps the engine severely lacks bottom end punch. Top end is fine and the final running temperature is around 130C. Once it heats up, the engine is fine. However, it shouldn't be like this ?

I am worried if I lean out the bottom end, the engine might overheat once it gets hotter.

Note: Box standard head clearance, OS No.5 plug, VP Power 16% nitro. Clutch set up is fine.
peppernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Default Bearing Sizes

Could some kindly forward bearing sizes front and rear please.

Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
HSN: 2.5 turn out from full seat
LSN: 0.5mm from flush
Idle gap, less than 1mm
Old 03-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppernick View Post
I am having some challenges setting up the carb. especially the LSN. Do you guys run the LSN flushed with the carb?

I find mine when flushed, it's very difficult to get it fired up and the bottom end is very rich but leans out as the engine gets hotter. Usually the first 3 laps the engine severely lacks bottom end punch. Top end is fine and the final running temperature is around 130C. Once it heats up, the engine is fine. However, it shouldn't be like this ?

I am worried if I lean out the bottom end, the engine might overheat once it gets hotter.

Note: Box standard head clearance, OS No.5 plug, VP Power 16% nitro. Clutch set up is fine.
Read the book, it's all about the proper setup for 16%.
The headshims are for 20%, take away 0.2 shim, the head clearance should be about 0.35~0.4.

The LSN needle should start with 0.5mm from flush, if it's already flush it may too lean.

Try to use PR6 for big track, 5 for small track. Then you should be able to tune the LSN properly.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:08 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebone View Post
Read the book, it's all about the proper setup for 16%.
The headshims are for 20%, take away 0.2 shim, the head clearance should be about 0.35~0.4.

The LSN needle should start with 0.5mm from flush, if it's already flush it may too lean.

Try to use PR6 for big track, 5 for small track. Then you should be able to tune the LSN properly.
There are two shims in this engine - 0.10mm and 0.20mm (so total is 0.30mm).

Just to confirm, you should take out the 0.20mm shim (if using 16%), so all that is left is the 0.10mm shim???
implusepro is offline   Reply With Quote