R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,025
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

Just wanna follow up on those avid rc bearings.. not bad.. i didnt order them for the engine, i needed bearings for my electric serpent so i thought for $5/ea id try them out.
they cannot be used out of the bag.. waaaaay too much grease in there to be smooth. took a little bit of cleaning to sort it out but with light oil they work pretty well. still feel a little gritty. maybe i didnt get enough of the crap out but didnt want to use an entire can of brakleen ha.

Ill prob get a set of acer bearings for my pancar for winter, so ill have a better side by side comparison then. certainly no worse than the stock serpent bearings.
__________________
My stuff
| Team Associated - Reedy - Reflex Racing/RSD - ProAMPS RC |
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #17
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,952
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Engines for sale, not enough time for Nitro Sedan...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-t-1060-a.html
__________________
TrakPower Speed Equipment / Speed Passion
Serpent Natrix 748 TQ - Nova REX
D413 Reventon 1.1ex 13.5t; AE B6d Laydown Reventon Pro 1.1
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,025
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

Any one testing this motor with different pipes? i got it with the 1070 pipe but think that is more of a big track pipe. we race in the parking lot so looking to maximize low to mid. or would i be better to just to novarossi pipes with the varied manifolds?
__________________
My stuff
| Team Associated - Reedy - Reflex Racing/RSD - ProAMPS RC |
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
Any one testing this motor with different pipes? i got it with the 1070 pipe but think that is more of a big track pipe. we race in the parking lot so looking to maximize low to mid. or would i be better to just to novarossi pipes with the varied manifolds?
Try Reds pipe & short manifold, as a cheaper solution, i have ran both with very little difference. this engine has massive power through the whole range and revvs its tits off, you wont need to play with pipes/ manifolds just gear it a little shorter for short tracks. This is one of the fastest over the counter motors available at the moment, so enjoy the advantage.
__________________
"KicKass "OS" Racing Engines" "capricornrc.com.au"
"RC Arena" Home of "Maxima Fuel"
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,025
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

Definitely revs. i have my nt1 geared at the top with 59mm tires and it still bounches off the revlimit lol. geared it up cause the car just drifts everywhere with lower gearing. normally i run 55-56mm tires for qualifiers and even the tallest gearing i can throw in the car just lights em up out of every corner heh. Ive been running quite rich even as i havent had enough track time to really tune the engine outside the baseline heh.

my os pipe has some dings in it but nothing major. not looking for a replacement just yet but curious how other branded pipes work with it. though i suppose os went through a lot of trouble to tune this engine and pipe together, but here in canada there aren't any large permanent tracks to open it up on =(
Wish i had tried my 2630 pipe on it before giving it away.
__________________
My stuff
| Team Associated - Reedy - Reflex Racing/RSD - ProAMPS RC |
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:40 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice
 
pistonhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
Try Reds pipe & short manifold, as a cheaper solution, i have ran both with very little difference. this engine has massive power through the whole range and revvs its tits off, you wont need to play with pipes/ manifolds just gear it a little shorter for short tracks. This is one of the fastest over the counter motors available at the moment, so enjoy the advantage.
hey man which reds pipe in particular for moorebank? and will my nova 2660 pipe work? also wat os pipe do you recon will be the best? OS T1050sc L52?

cheers,
Adam.
__________________
___________________
Serpent 747
Flash .12 3 tuned
Fataba 3PMX 2.4GHz
Ulti Tyres
pistonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #22
Tech Adept
 
Mazda614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 210
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
hey man which reds pipe in particular for moorebank? and will my nova 2660 pipe work? also wat os pipe do you recon will be the best? OS T1050sc L52?

cheers,
Adam.
Adam,

Use the Reds 2669, Jay sells them with manifold for about $54. That's what we ran with our OS today. The Reds 2669 is the same as the Picco pipe.
__________________
OS Speed T1201
Futaba 4PK 2.4Hz
Serpent 748 TQ
M16 Racing Fuels
Mazda614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
hey man which reds pipe in particular for moorebank? and will my nova 2660 pipe work? also wat os pipe do you recon will be the best? OS T1050sc L52?

cheers,
Adam.
Adam
the OS T-1070SC L52 is designed for this engine but little expensive and soft.
The Reds pipe with the shorter manifold i have found a good alternative pipe.
You can try the 2660 it should work.
Cheers Bro.
__________________
"KicKass "OS" Racing Engines" "capricornrc.com.au"
"RC Arena" Home of "Maxima Fuel"
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice
 
pistonhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 79
Default

cheers guys!!!, yeah dont want to be pushing out dents in my pipe all the time like that old crf pipe haha,
see you guys this weekend
__________________
___________________
Serpent 747
Flash .12 3 tuned
Fataba 3PMX 2.4GHz
Ulti Tyres
pistonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #25
Tech Regular
 
jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 274
Default

can someone pls give me the factory setup for the carb?
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #26
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
can someone pls give me the factory setup for the carb?
I am having some challenges setting up the carb. especially the LSN. Do you guys run the LSN flushed with the carb?

I find mine when flushed, it's very difficult to get it fired up and the bottom end is very rich but leans out as the engine gets hotter. Usually the first 3 laps the engine severely lacks bottom end punch. Top end is fine and the final running temperature is around 130C. Once it heats up, the engine is fine. However, it shouldn't be like this ?

I am worried if I lean out the bottom end, the engine might overheat once it gets hotter.

Note: Box standard head clearance, OS No.5 plug, VP Power 16% nitro. Clutch set up is fine.
peppernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #27
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default Bearing Sizes

Could some kindly forward bearing sizes front and rear please.

Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #28
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
can someone pls give me the factory setup for the carb?
HSN: 2.5 turn out from full seat
LSN: 0.5mm from flush
Idle gap, less than 1mm
__________________
GP: Capricorn C03 1/10 touring, Capricorn C803 1/8 onroad
Engine: Tesla .12 WC, Tesla .21 7 port on-road, Rody VS02, OS 2101
beebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #29
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppernick View Post
I am having some challenges setting up the carb. especially the LSN. Do you guys run the LSN flushed with the carb?

I find mine when flushed, it's very difficult to get it fired up and the bottom end is very rich but leans out as the engine gets hotter. Usually the first 3 laps the engine severely lacks bottom end punch. Top end is fine and the final running temperature is around 130C. Once it heats up, the engine is fine. However, it shouldn't be like this ?

I am worried if I lean out the bottom end, the engine might overheat once it gets hotter.

Note: Box standard head clearance, OS No.5 plug, VP Power 16% nitro. Clutch set up is fine.
Read the book, it's all about the proper setup for 16%.
The headshims are for 20%, take away 0.2 shim, the head clearance should be about 0.35~0.4.

The LSN needle should start with 0.5mm from flush, if it's already flush it may too lean.

Try to use PR6 for big track, 5 for small track. Then you should be able to tune the LSN properly.
__________________
GP: Capricorn C03 1/10 touring, Capricorn C803 1/8 onroad
Engine: Tesla .12 WC, Tesla .21 7 port on-road, Rody VS02, OS 2101
beebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:08 AM   #30
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebone View Post
Read the book, it's all about the proper setup for 16%.
The headshims are for 20%, take away 0.2 shim, the head clearance should be about 0.35~0.4.

The LSN needle should start with 0.5mm from flush, if it's already flush it may too lean.

Try to use PR6 for big track, 5 for small track. Then you should be able to tune the LSN properly.
There are two shims in this engine - 0.10mm and 0.20mm (so total is 0.30mm).

Just to confirm, you should take out the 0.20mm shim (if using 16%), so all that is left is the 0.10mm shim???
implusepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OS .12 Engines TBO88 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-18-2010 04:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:54 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net