R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   RB CXR or Novarossi keep-on 21 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/630733-rb-cxr-novarossi-keep-21-a.html)

ramspeed 05-22-2012 08:29 AM

RB CXR or Novarossi keep-on 21

Anyone tested on this two engine? Will like to have more feedback, I have try the C11 it awesome ..

ratax 08-14-2012 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by ramspeed (Post 10764541)
Anyone tested on this two engine? Will like to have more feedback, I have try the C11 it awesome ..

Hi!

Can you tell me more info on your C11?
Does it performs like a Flash or more like an 35Plus21?
Did you ever try it with nova2015 or picco2033 pipe?

Regards!

ramspeed 08-17-2012 08:04 AM

The c11 is better than flash and 35plus21 ,I'm using rb 2018pipe or rb 2092 it perform close to the nova keep on ,best is to use o'donnell 99plug or os RP7 ,infect the new cxr is the same as the c11 only different is the sleeve got 2 more tiny port below the exhaust port for more cooling but it makes no different to me , heat sink different only the wording, i have both cxr n c11 love both of them check it out at amainhobby they are offering rb now with c11 at usd $399 at this price u can out run most others race engine. don't get the cx it a waste of time as the crankshalf is not balance, not hard coated on crank pin no silicon paste plus no ceramic bearing not worth the price u paying for

ratax 08-18-2012 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by ramspeed (Post 11104133)
The c11 is better than flash and 35plus21 ,I'm using rb 2018pipe or rb 2092 it perform close to the nova keep on ,best is to use o'donnell 99plug or os RP7 ,infect the new cxr is the same as the c11 only different is the sleeve got 2 more tiny port below the exhaust port for more cooling but it makes no different to me , heat sink different only the wording, i have both cxr n c11 love both of them check it out at amainhobby they are offering rb now with c11 at usd $399 at this price u can out run most others race engine. don't get the cx it a waste of time as the crankshalf is not balance, not hard coated on crank pin no silicon paste plus no ceramic bearing not worth the price u paying for

Thanks!

choisan 08-18-2012 07:03 AM

But the big problem is it is not using R7 conrod, RB conrod is hard to find and relatively expensive

pierre johnson 08-16-2015 07:59 PM

Novarossi keep-on engine

I'm currently running a Team edition novarossi keep-on and it's more powerful than the other two engines mentioned...

Roelof 08-16-2015 10:56 PM

You are currently reacting on 3 year old topics......

JamesHealey 08-21-2015 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 14143849)
You are currently reacting on 3 year old topics......

haha true, RB engines were amazing though! I'd still run them over any other brand if they were still being made.

CameronMADOG 08-22-2015 04:45 AM

They are still being made ?

CameronMADOG 08-22-2015 04:48 AM

Never mind, just had alook at RB thread :( sad news, once rody roem left, it kind of went downhill, Been running RB's since the 90's

thordspeed 09-06-2015 05:09 AM

just picked up a serpent 977wc with a RB CX... cant wait to try this out but am thinking as well to go get this moded by Podified mods up qld.. and get it running full ceramics if it isnt.. get this baby singing smooth and quick.. anyone think its really needed.. as the CX is the lil bro of the CXR... which has tripple weighted crank with the putty...

Roelof 09-06-2015 05:42 AM

How good is your driving?

If you do need that last tenth of a seccond to become a world champion then yes, Ceramics can help. If you are far from that you can better spend the money on spare parts to keep that car running.

thordspeed 09-06-2015 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 14172288)
How good is your driving?

If you do need that last tenth of a seccond to become a world champion then yes, Ceramics can help. If you are far from that you can better spend the money on spare parts to keep that car running.

yeah all things considered, yeah capable but just getting back to onroad while ive spent more in off road 1/8th.. its not a stretch in getting used to... im yet to find internal pics of the CX so im not sure how much it has had done.. from there id weigh the options..

thanks for the 2nd view point :)

JamesHealey 09-07-2015 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by thordspeed (Post 14172337)
yeah all things considered, yeah capable but just getting back to onroad while ive spent more in off road 1/8th.. its not a stretch in getting used to... im yet to find internal pics of the CX so im not sure how much it has had done.. from there id weigh the options..

thanks for the 2nd view point :)

The standard RB CX (2012 engine) is just as fast as the RB CXR (2012 engine). The only difference is the counterweights in the crank shaft, the exhaust, transfer and crank timings are identical between the two models, the CX is a very good engine based on the Novarossi Flash PT/35 Plus 21 era of engines.

The RB CXR SLS DI9, CXR SLSV2 which were the longer stroke design were fantastic, tonnes of power through out the entire power band, these were based on the Novarossi Keep-on and were immense engines.

RB pistons were cut from billet where as Novarossi were made using microcasting, the reliability of RB engines was fantastic, as was the performance.

Very good engines!

thordspeed 09-07-2015 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by JamesHealey (Post 14173388)
The standard RB CX (2012 engine) is just as fast as the RB CXR (2012 engine). The only difference is the counterweights in the crank shaft, the exhaust, transfer and crank timings are identical between the two models, the CX is a very good engine based on the Novarossi Flash PT/35 Plus 21 era of engines.

The RB CXR SLS DI9, CXR SLSV2 which were the longer stroke design were fantastic, tonnes of power through out the entire power band, these were based on the Novarossi Keep-on and were immense engines.

RB pistons were cut from billet where as Novarossi were made using microcasting, the reliability of RB engines was fantastic, as was the performance.

Very good engines!

ok thats nice to know... thanks for the info.. muchly appreciated ;) :)