R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 11-06-2006, 02:19 AM   #1351
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the tZ3 arrive today, really it looks nice and shiny... can't wait to hit the track ...i'll be following the manuals break in procedures...
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:02 AM   #1352
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,
For the guys in Malaysia,Singapore and Hong kong where do you buy your OS TZ spares from Pistons,liners and rods. Thanks

Taffyjnr5
Taffyjnr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:29 AM   #1353
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Hi,
For the guys in Malaysia,Singapore and Hong kong where do you buy your OS TZ spares from Pistons,liners and rods. Thanks

Taffyjnr5
hi there, not sure if this is the answer your looking 4 but usually we get those parts through our local hobby shops, if not in stock they'll order them for us.
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
Old 11-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #1354
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hav_lova
What are the differences?

The crank i put in mine on monday is a modded 5 port one. I'm just wondering what factory differences are
the 5 port is .5mm bigger bore, seems nothings but makes a difference compared to the 3 port, the speed is even bigger
happy racing
Old 11-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #1355
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

I don't recall, but is it legal to run a 5 port crank in a 3 port engine?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:51 PM   #1356
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj
the tZ3 arrive today, really it looks nice and shiny... can't wait to hit the track ...i'll be following the manuals break in procedures...

hi there guys, i dunno where to start actually but i am rather excited ...i know its still early to give full review , but anyway when i bought this motor i try to remain sceptical ,also after reading a lot of reviews and comments on this motor when i made the decision to 'what the heck" since its within the price range and its in stock...now after brekin in 7-8 tanks ( i incorporated all the method available + i added 1 shim/0.1 to the standard shim ) i start to fine tune it on the 9-10 tanks. -well i will try not to sound silly but i think my car flew past everybody on the track, the other cars (using well known motors) r also regular racer like me ( maybe all of them were havin problem that day) btw..the track is small/med semi tech. with 140ft strait..

to add more, i was using tall gearing , usually the track uses shorter gearing...my temp was 103-105 deg. tyres was 62mm rear and 60 front.
pipe was old model novarossi.

enough said ...with this early stages of the motor very promising...i reserve the final judgement after 1-2 races... thanks
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)

Last edited by rcabj; 11-13-2006 at 02:00 AM. Reason: shim
Old 11-13-2006, 06:36 AM   #1357
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
It depends on what rules you race.

EFRA rules limit crank inner passage to 7mm with no chamfer on exit, and turbo scoop can't connect with passage.

ROAR and IFMAR rules have no limits on how, and what you can modify on the crank.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:58 PM   #1358
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

you will see what this engine really can do if you mate with OS T1040 pipe or if you are on budget then go with RD logic turbo 3, i was like you running a old crappy novarossi pipe, and wow after i bite the bullet and bought an OS pipe, man it was day and night difference . anyhow, it's a good engine you cant go wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj
hi there guys, i dunno where to start actually but i am rather excited ...i know its still early to give full review , but anyway when i bought this motor i try to remain sceptical ,also after reading a lot of reviews and comments on this motor when i made the decision to 'what the heck" since its within the price range and its in stock...now after brekin in 7-8 tanks ( i incorporated all the method available + i added 1 shim/0.1 to the standard shim ) i start to fine tune it on the 9-10 tanks. -well i will try not to sound silly but i think my car flew past everybody on the track, the other cars (using well known motors) r also regular racer like me ( maybe all of them were havin problem that day) btw..the track is small/med semi tech. with 140ft strait..

to add more, i was using tall gearing , usually the track uses shorter gearing...my temp was 103-105 deg. tyres was 62mm rear and 60 front.
pipe was old model novarossi.

enough said ...with this early stages of the motor very promising...i reserve the final judgement after 1-2 races... thanks
Old 11-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #1359
Tag
Tech Master

most sanctioned races limited 3 ports engine, i run 5 port for regular club races. As for the power, honestly there's really nothing significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Old 11-14-2006, 11:03 PM   #1360
Tag
Tech Master

9 minutes ? i am running the same setup on my 3 port turbo with the same pipe, the most i got out of it was 6 minutes top , what fuel and plug are you running ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
i'm running a osspeed tz 3ports with an osspeed 1040 pipe. works great. our track is technical. i'm getting almost 9 mins of run time per tank....
Old 11-15-2006, 12:18 AM   #1361
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
9 minutes ? i am running the same setup on my 3 port turbo with the same pipe, the most i got out of it was 6 minutes top , what fuel and plug are you running ?
more like how lean is the sucker
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:21 PM   #1362
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default shim..

heys guys
how does the stock tz3 come shimmed?

how should it be shimmed for 16% nitro?

thanks!
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:00 AM   #1363
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
heys guys
how does the stock tz3 come shimmed?

how should it be shimmed for 16% nitro?

thanks!
MRGSR,

It comes with 1 x 0.1mm and 1 x 0.2mm; in total of 0.3mm; they are for 16% Nitro. If you want to use 25% Nitro it recommends you to add other 0.1mm as per Mr. Yoshiharu (OS car engine designer).
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:08 AM   #1364
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Fuel
Generally, suggested that the user selects a fuel that is commercially available for model two stroke engines and it contains 10-30% nitromethane. As a good starting point we recommend a fuel containing 20% nitromethane, changing to a fuel containing more nitro if necessary. When the brand of fuel is changed, or the nitro content increased, it is advisable to repeat the running in procedure.

Head Gasket
These engine are equipped with two head gaskets of 0.1mm thick and 0.2mm thick. It is suggested to adjust the total thickness according to atmospheric temprture, humidity and glowplug used
-At the early stage of running in, when a glowplug tends to burn out early or when high nitromethane content fuel is used, try to run the engine with both gaskets or removing the 0.1mm gasket
-When low nitromethane content fuel is used, try and run the engine removing the 0.2mm gasket
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:51 AM   #1365
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
i'm using the tornado 25% with the stock glow plug that came with the engine. i think it's OS P7 turbo plug if i am not mistaken. i'm not running lean since my temps are only around 210F. also, i check the engine after every run and no signs of the engine being too lean. i think the track lay-out also has a lot to do with it since our local track is more of a technical layout..
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote