R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-01-2006, 06:04 AM   #1291
Tech Fanatic

rody is right, crankcase, crankshaft, head, carburator, piston, sleeve, conrod
and the carb reducer are not commecially available, for those about getting the speed, should consider that as for now, os is not selling replacement parts for parts mentioned about
so basically this engine should be consider as a limited edition one, I really hope that os will produce at least the p/s/conrod set.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:18 AM   #1292
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Connecting rod is available in the US, $20.00
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:38 AM   #1293
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Connecting rod is available in the US, $20.00
Yea, conrod is still the same I think. And if you need the piston/sleeve, just purchase a stock 5 port and use a dremmel to turn it into 3 ports... I would be that the difference between those two isnt great.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #1294
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
........... if you need the piston/sleeve, just purchase a stock 5 port and use a dremmel to turn it into 3 ports... I would bet that the difference between those two isn't great.
Yea, as soon as the TZ Speed showed on the market I bought a TZ 5 port and did almost all mods that the TZ Speed shows in pictures...except for the crank....which in the TZ Speed has about 8.5mm bore.....the TZ 5 port has 7.5mm.
Performance of my engine is AWESOME!!!!....I will try moding a crank as the Speed's when I get the proper tooling

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:24 PM   #1295
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Yea, as soon as the TZ Speed showed on the market I bought a TZ 5 port and did almost all mods that the TZ Speed shows in pictures...except for the crank....which in the TZ Speed has about 8.5mm bore.....the TZ 5 port has 7.5mm.
Performance of my engine is AWESOME!!!!....I will try moding a crank as the Speed's when I get the proper tooling

AFM
Awesome to hear that... What tools u used to mod the sleeve?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #1296
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Awesome to hear that... What tools u used to mod the sleeve?
To cut the bridge that separetes the side horizontal port and the side vertical port, I used thin dremel cutting disc, with reduced diameter, then finishing touches with diamond files. Also widened the top side of exhaust port with cutting disc and files.
The mod on the low side of boost port on crankcase with dremel round green stone.
The mods on crankshaft timing and outcoming ramp also with dremel appropiate stones, and made ramp with high temp red 650 Permatex silicone

Very important: use Mugen/Shimo P01002 pipe...it makes a big difference

Engine has so much power that if i'm not carefull with finger and negative exponential on throttle, car spins out like crazy....i'm learning again how to drive..jejejeje...I'm so happy with my new toy

AFM
Old 07-02-2006, 06:31 AM   #1297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
To cut the bridge that separetes the side horizontal port and the side vertical port, I used thin dremel cutting disc, with reduced diameter, then finishing touches with diamond files. Also widened the top side of exhaust port with cutting disc and files.
The mod on the low side of boost port on crankcase with dremel round green stone.
The mods on crankshaft timing and outcoming ramp also with dremel appropiate stones, and made ramp with high temp red 650 Permatex silicone

Very important: use Mugen/Shimo P01002 pipe...it makes a big difference

Engine has so much power that if i'm not carefull with finger and negative exponential on throttle, car spins out like crazy....i'm learning again how to drive..jejejeje...I'm so happy with my new toy

AFM
can we see some pictures of the before and after ?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #1298
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b
can we see some pictures of the before and after ?
Sorry no digicam. Maybe when I have to do routine maintenance I will borrow a digicam.

AFM
Old 07-16-2006, 12:42 AM   #1299
Tech Regular

Hi,

I have 12 TZ 5 port and its time to change the piston. Can I fix the 3 port piston and sleeve on the 5 port? and is it going to be better ?
Secret_weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:19 AM   #1300
Tech Fanatic

You can run the 3-port piston and sleeve in the 5-port motor/case with no problems... Always change the conrod when you rebuild your motor... Break the motor in as if it's brand new and as per the owners manual... ie... Setting the carb neddles back to factory settings and breaking in the new piston and sleeve just like you did when you brought the TZ new... Goodluck

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:53 AM   #1301
Tech Regular

Thankyou ,, But is it going to be faster and easier to tune ? or its actually faster with the 5 port piston and sleeve ? is that going to affect the tuning ?
Old 07-16-2006, 09:24 AM   #1302
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret_weapon
Thankyou ,, But is it going to be faster and easier to tune ? or its actually faster with the 5 port piston and sleeve ? is that going to affect the tuning ?
Since you're still using the 5-port crank and the 5-port black carb... the venturi's insert is larger... Your performance should be about the same as it was with the 5-port piston and sleeve... Tuning both motors are easy... Remember to change the conrod along with the new 3-port piston and sleeve...

RC_Alan
Old 07-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #1303
Tech Regular

thankyou very much

very helpful !!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:12 AM   #1304
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The carb on my OS TZ .12 broke and do not have one for this weekend coming up. Will a Novarossi carb fit on the OS engine?
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #1305
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
The carb on my OS TZ .12 broke and do not have one for this weekend coming up. Will a Novarossi carb fit on the OS engine?
No... The Nova carb will not fit... You say the OS carb broke... What broke??? The only carb that is a direct fit is Traxxas... ie. TMaxx/Revo... So, if I were you, I would fix the one you have or buy a new one...

RC_Alan