R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #1276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Dom you took the words right out of my mouth....I love the tz Due to the reliablity of the tune decent power and very durable....but when it comes to big races....The sirio has always been in my car 06 W-nats I used tz in practice when Quals started evo3 went in including main.... I havent tried one of the modified versions of the tz so i cant campare those
You and Litespeed are selling this engine short. I just ran in the ROAR Region 9 races this past weekend and there was not an engine I can remember that out-pulled me down the backstraight or on the infield. My driving skills aren't up with the top racers in my region but I know I had enough engine to hang with them. And, mine is the stock TZ. I think the only powerplants that finished in front of me was an Axial engine and a modified TZ engine. But, when you get ready for a new piston/sleeve for that Evo 3 (if you can find one), you will be singing a different tune when you see the cost as compared to the TZ.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #1277
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not saying that the TZ is slow, it's a good motor. I recommended to every local racers that are new to 200mm to get that TZ. I bought mine cause my JP crapped out and I needed an inexpensive motor for club racing.

Here's my track experience...Last year at regional, I ran a stock EVO3, non STI version and pulled everyone including stock TZ, mod Mega, mod Novarossi, down the straight. Infield where I pull on people, yeah part of it is motor, but I attribute that to my clutch setup a lot more.

EVO 3 piston and sleeve is around $85.99 retail, all Sirio motors/parts are now distributed by Kyosho America, availability problem is now a thing of the past. Yes, price is more than a TZ P/S, but it's not astronomical.

Dom
Old 06-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #1278
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Not saying that the TZ is slow, it's a good motor. I recommended to every local racers that are new to 200mm to get that TZ. I bought mine cause my JP crapped out and I needed an inexpensive motor for club racing.

Here's my track experience...Last year at regional, I ran a stock EVO3, non STI version and pulled everyone including stock TZ, mod Mega, mod Novarossi, down the straight. Infield where I pull on people, yeah part of it is motor, but I attribute that to my clutch setup a lot more.

EVO 3 piston and sleeve is around $85.99 retail, all Sirio motors/parts are now distributed by Kyosho America, availability problem is now a thing of the past. Yes, price is more than a TZ P/S, but it's not astronomical.

Dom
I agree!! I use the TZ 5 port when I don't have the Sirio loaded up!!

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #1279
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
You and Litespeed are selling this engine short. I just ran in the ROAR Region 9 races this past weekend and there was not an engine I can remember that out-pulled me down the backstraight or on the infield. My driving skills aren't up with the top racers in my region but I know I had enough engine to hang with them. And, mine is the stock TZ. I think the only powerplants that finished in front of me was an Axial engine and a modified TZ engine. But, when you get ready for a new piston/sleeve for that Evo 3 (if you can find one), you will be singing a different tune when you see the cost as compared to the TZ.
Im just stating what I have experianced with both motors, not selling anyone short..the tz is a great motor...but when I needed to lower laptimes at W-nats to get me in the show I slapped the evo3 in
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:34 PM   #1280
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default OS Speed .. any run info ?

hey guys
i just wanted to ask how the os speed is going ?

how much faster is it than the stock tz3 and how are run times on fuel ?
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:59 AM   #1281
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know the part #'s for the OS-Speed piston/sleeve and crank, the US ROAR legal version??? And if there is link to it, can you post it... Thanks... And no, it's not on the OS website here in the States... I've already checked.

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #1282
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Is there a ROAR version? There is an IFMAR one part # 11376, and an EFRA one part # 11377. The part #'s you are looking for are blanked out in the owners manual on the 11376.
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #1283
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Is there a ROAR version? There is an IFMAR one part # 11376, and an EFRA one part # 11377. The part #'s you are looking for are blanked out in the owners manual on the 11376.
IFMAR... ROAR... same thing... Same specs... Do you have or know the part# for the piston and sleeve??? And as for the crank... either addition will do IFMAR OR EFRA.... I don't need the part # for the entire motor, just what I mention above... OS-Speed TZ-12... 3port Anyone???

RC_Alan
Old 06-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #1284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm looking for them myself. As you can see in the manual the head, P/S, carb, block, and crank are blanked out.
Attached Thumbnails
OS 12 TzR-tz-i-manual.jpg  
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:14 PM   #1285
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

i guess the numbers are blanked out so people dont go out and just buy the internals.. give the engine osme tinme on the market then the parts will be available
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #1286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Japanese are smart marketing people. Maybe they will not make replacement parts so you'll have to buy a complete motor!

Dom
Old 06-29-2006, 05:52 PM   #1287
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I'm looking for them myself. As you can see in the manual the head, P/S, carb, block, and crank are blanked out.
Thanks for your efforts Ed ... I'm sure someone know's the parts #'s here... This is RCTECH...
Old 06-30-2006, 08:51 AM   #1288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,
My TZ is due for a rebuild so the part numbers for the crank liner/piston and rod would be nice I may wait a while until some spares filter through!!....

Taffyjnr5
GPX-4/OSTZ
Spektrum
Taffyjnr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:11 PM   #1289
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
The OS Speed is a limited edition engine produced for the 200mm IFMAR Worlds in Australia this year. At this stage, replacement Piston and Liner sets, as well as cranks are not available. It is a one-off. I think if the demand was high enough for these engines, even after the worlds, replacement parts will then become available.

NJ
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #1290
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Hi,
My TZ is due for a rebuild so the part numbers for the crank liner/piston and rod would be nice I may wait a while until some spares filter through!!....

Taffyjnr5
GPX-4/OSTZ
Spektrum
I bought P/S and conrod from my TZ 5 ports from rc-toro. Check them out. They might have the parts you want.
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote