R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 02-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #946
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
It will be sold through Mugen USA... Price tag??? The motor should be there some time in March for the .12 and there .21 should be there now. There is a pic of the .21 on the Mugen USA web page...

RC_Alan
If it's not too expensive I should would like to purchase one. I know JP MODS are usually expensive.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #947
Regional Moderator

Quote:
I'll wait for the JP mod'ed version of the TZ to come out... I heard the motor is ballistic... And if JP has it's name on it...

RC_Alan
Hi Alan, from what I know JP TZ will not come into production only prototypes, but I don't know that maybe he will change his mind in the near future. Last time doing the V-Spec, it is only 1 batch which is around 300 pcs of engine. For the TZ he use special crankshaft which is built from scratch if I'm not mistaken, and yes it is super fast.

For other TZ Mod, I'm suggesting you try the ZAC. It also has incredible power, and just a little bit slower in top speed than my JP FX 2006 spec. The weak point is just the fuel mileage, especially in big track
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:16 AM   #948
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
Hi Alan, from what I know JP TZ will not come into production only prototypes, but I don't know that maybe he will change his mind in the near future. Last time doing the V-Spec, it is only 1 batch which is around 300 pcs of engine. For the TZ he use special crankshaft which is built from scratch if I'm not mistaken, and yes it is super fast.

For other TZ Mod, I'm suggesting you try the ZAC. It also has incredible power, and just a little bit slower in top speed than my JP FX 2006 spec. The weak point is just the fuel mileage, especially in big track
I was told by Team Mugen USA that JP is doing the motor just for them... You can contact Mugen USA during work week, Monday thru Friday or visit there webpage... I'll do some research on the ZAC TZ and if you know of any online companies that are selling that TZ and also the M-speed TZ... Please pm me with the info... Thanks

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #949
Regional Moderator

Quote:
I was told by Team Mugen USA that JP is doing the motor just for them... You can contact Mugen USA during work week, Monday thru Friday or visit there webpage... I'll do some research on the ZAC TZ and if you know of any online companies that are selling that TZ and also the M-speed TZ... Please pm me with the info... Thanks

RC_Alan
Yes the .21 OS JP are made only by Mugen USA request, only 1 time and there are no more. The info there will be no JP TZ in production is from Mr. JP himself, but dunno maybe he will change his mind in the near future. Maybe Mugen USA will sell some of their prototypes?
Old 02-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #950
Tech Regular

i too would like to know what online company is selling the zac mod. o.s.tz
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #951
Tech Fanatic

I think JP would love to make the JP TZ available to the public. I think the only thing stoppping him is Novarossi. OS does not have a .21 onroad engine anywhere near as good/fast as the Plus 21 from Nova. From all reports, this motor is insane in stock spec and even better after a visit to the JP factory. Nova is also releasing a Plus 12 engine, and going by the form of the Plus 21, it's going to be great.

After all, Novarossi has been providing JP with a great base platform for many years, unrivalled quality and longevity of components, and at the end of the day, having confidence that your engine is not only quick, but going to go the distance is what most racers want.. OS quality is nothing to sneeze at, but i dont think just yet, they are JP's most viable option.

p.s. Im not Nova biased. I hate my LL3 and regret selling my trusty TZ. I would have been a definate JP TZ buyer!
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #952
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan
Pro Shop Futaba.....send them an email to [email protected]
Ask them to give you a quote for the engine and shipping.....they`ll send you back a quote and its simply a case of paypalling them payment.
RC-Champ also have the ZAC TZ`s.....same routine as above...email them etc.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #953
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Rody]Just thought i might let you guys know that a myself, and a friend bought 2 TZs and raced them for the first time last sunday. In the A main final, we finished 1st and second respectively but as he was crossing the line, his conrod snapped in half. When i got home, i opened up for a quick look inside of mine, and everything seemed OK.

A couple of days later, i tried to put the flywheel and clutch back on the engine, and found that as soon as i tighten the clutch nut, i cant spin the flywheel! Im suspecting that there is a problem with the front bearing.

Considering that these 2 engines are new, run on 16%, not lean, with .30mm of head clearance, and broken in with heat cycling (as we do with our Novas), this is not acceptable. Our Nova based engines work a lot harder, are very quick, and last for much longer!

Lucky these OS gimmicks are as cheap as they are. This is my first and last OS...

NJ[/QUOTE
wow don't look like it's trusty by these comments
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #954
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan
I got mine from HK shop, or you can get it from Japan.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:54 PM   #955
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
Nova is also releasing a Plus 12 engine, and going by the form of the Plus 21, it's going to be great.
Wow, this is good news.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #956
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=bosfan]
Quote:
!

NJ[/QUOTE
wow don't look like it's trusty by these comments
I`ve found my TZ`s to be very reliable so far ....in terms of performance the ZAC is very nice indeed
Old 02-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #957
Tech Adept

Hey guys i have a question for you. I have a brand new os 12tr(s) i don't know what it fits or anything about it do you guys have any idea i would appreciate it. I know this is not the thread for this but i thought i would try before starting a new one. thanks
rainman318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:09 AM   #958
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
p.s. Im not Nova biased. I hate my LL3 and regret selling my trusty TZ. I would have been a definate JP TZ buyer!
*Cough Cough* shame about that...
Old 02-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #959
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Just tested today my TZ in my new MTX-4. And wow, that little engine flies at a cool 195-205. I had to open the idle needle a bit from stock setting so it would go to idle speed faster. Can't be more happy with my new engine. I'll let you all know how it performs next sunday.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #960
Tech Fanatic

When i raced the ZAC on Saturday its temps were very good also.....ran between 207 - 215 deg f.
At a guess i`d reckon its making about 10% more power than my stock TZ.....certainly more willing to rev than the stock TZ.
Cheers