R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-30-2006, 10:25 PM   #931
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default os tz and nova pipe

hi...need some opinion...would a nova based pipe be suitable with the tz...reason i ask is when i see the skyline VR12 pipes it resembles like my nova pipe...thanks...
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:02 AM   #932
Tech Fanatic

A nova pipe should work fine with the TZ......it may though have slightly different torque/hp properties to the VR12 pipe.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:07 AM   #933
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:40 PM   #934
Tech Apprentice

Andy,

Got any pics? I just put 8 tanks through my Murnan TZ. I will continue to break it in next week. It also has lots of massaging on the sleeve and the crank.
glitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #935
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

hey glitch!!
would you be kind enough to take some photos of the murnam tz

thanks
John
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #936
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch44
Andy,

Got any pics? I just put 8 tanks through my Murnan TZ. I will continue to break it in next week. It also has lots of massaging on the sleeve and the crank.
I didnt take any of the internals when i pulled it apart, but will take and post of the external.....externally the only differences i can note from the standard TZ are- 10 fin cooling head compared to 9 on the standard TZ, and the ZAC has a black crankcase compared to my stock TZ`s silver.
Interestingly enough, at this stage the ZAC seems to run cooler than the stock.
Cheers
PS...Glitch, let us know how the Murnan TZ is performing....theres a post by Murnan which says " to get the most out of the TZ it needs a short conical header"....i wonder if the Skyline V12 has this?
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #937
Tech Fanatic

just got my second tz stock, the front bearing began leaking after one gallon, so keeping and spare is a must in this engine, the rear bearing lasted about 6 gallons.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:21 AM   #938
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

does anybody have the EB Mods version of the .12 TZP engine? is the moded engine much better than the stock engine?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #939
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
does anybody have the EB Mods version of the .12 TZP engine? is the moded engine much better than the stock engine?
What they did was take the stock TZ 5-port crank and mod'ed it and placed it in the 3-port... Put a 2 sec sleeve cut on it and slapped a $280.00 price tag on it... So most of the power inprovement is coming from the crank work and the quailty of the piston and sleeve.. You could buy the 3 port and drop the 5 port crank in it for $25.00 dollars extra and have almost the same engine for $50.00-$60.00 less... If you really want a TZ that a company put some real effort into making the motor better, then check out M-speed, JP through Mugen USA or Murman modified motors... Is the EB Mods TZ a bad motor??? No... And no, I'm not bashing EB Mods nor the motor... It's just that they could have done a better job on it... I could say more but, Hey many people might be happy with there EB Mods TZ... I bought one and open it up... I'll wait for the JP version for Mugen USA to come out... Robbie... I'll be calling you..

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:00 AM   #940
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Wow, I didnt know that. Probably is one of the reasons you should always trust engine modifiers like Murnan or JP to do a good job. Out of curiosity, doesn't changing the crankshaft from a 3port to a 5port crankshaft mess up the port timing?
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:21 AM   #941
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

do you think that if i sent the engine to TNT mods they would do a better job modifying the engine than EB?

www.tntmods.com
Old 02-10-2006, 07:08 AM   #942
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Should really look towards Murnan Modified TZs. They are really blazing fast and Murnan has an awesome reputation in all his engines. It is super rare to see a Murnan engine up for sale on ebay or here.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #943
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Wow, I didnt know that. Probably is one of the reasons you should always trust engine modifiers like Murnan or JP to do a good job. Out of curiosity, doesn't changing the crankshaft from a 3port to a 5port crankshaft mess up the port timing?
You can drop the 5 port crank into the 3 port motor with no problems... If you want a blazing fast TZ... Go with the Mod-motors I mention earlier... The TZ bone stock is not bad and some are faster then others, due to quality of the piston and sleeve and properly breaking in the motor... My first TZ was super fast and suprised me alot, My EB Mods TZ is no faster then my stock 3 port TZ. My EB Mods motor is ok, It's just not faster then my stock one... And again, I'm not bashing EB Mods and what they are trying to do... From what I saw, they are selling a Mass produced mildly mod'ed motor that the average Joe racer can drop into his car and come away happy... I went to there webpage and read what they do to motors to Modify them... Even read there ad. in a couple of RC Mags.. Went to the lhs and saw the 4 EB Mods 3 ports sitting behind the glass... So, from what I read on there webpage and the price point was not that bad... I said, what the hell... Bought it, took it home and waited a week before I even open the box... Sat down one Saturday morning, open the box and the open up the motor to see the work and effort put into there motor... Knowing that most of the power improvement will come from the work done to the crank anyway... I pretty much knew what I had... Broke in the motor the same way I did my first TZ... Nothing was rushed and the power produced was not bad, it was what I expected after seeing the work done to the motor... You get what you pay for and sometimes not... When you buy a Mod'ed version of same motor, you want to see a clear improvement in performance over stock... And I just didn't see that from the EB Mod's motor... Now they might do some in house work that we all don't know about... They should tell the public that if that's the case so we can make a choice of buying over the counter or buying directly for them... If that's the case... that's a shame... I'll wait for the JP mod'ed version of the TZ to come out... I heard the motor is ballistic... And if JP has it's name on it...

RC_Alan
Old 02-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #944
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
When the JP OS.12TZ hit the market who will be selling this awesome engine and what is price $tag?
Old 02-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #945
Tech Fanatic

It will be sold through Mugen USA... Price tag??? The motor should be there some time in March for the .12 and there .21 should be there now. There is a pic of the .21 on the Mugen USA web page...

RC_Alan