R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-04-2005, 03:55 PM   #601
Tech Regular

O.S. TZ
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:24 PM   #602
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Really, go troll in another thread.

Everything that has been witnessed with these new TZs shows that for much less cost, they run at least as fast as the more costly Rossis, RBs and Sirios out of the box.

More than a few that I have seen in person are some of the fastest motors on the track, and in an unmodified state.
Before you shoot your mouth, you may want to read what the question was? The guy asked whether his OS CV-R (not TZ) will hang with the novas and Sirios!!!
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #603
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Reading is a skill, Rody.

Quote:
i have a O.S. .12 CV-R that works awsome but i'm interested in this motor hows it stack up to the Nove and Sirio?
You are in a thread about the OS TZ motors, and he asked about them. If you could have looked passed his grammar issues, you would have understood that he was asking about the TZs featured in this thread. Go figure.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #604
Tech Addict

Quote:
Really, go troll in another thread.

Everything that has been witnessed with these new TZs shows that for much less cost, they run at least as fast as the more costly Rossis, RBs and Sirios out of the box.

More than a few that I have seen in person are some of the fastest motors on the track, and in an unmodified state.
I think Rody was referring to the .12 CV-R.
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:08 PM   #605
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Yes, Rody was, but as just previously pointed out, the original question was not.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:34 AM   #606
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yes, Rody was, but as just previously pointed out, the original question was not.
Maybe your grammar is just as bad, and hence it made it easy for you to understand which engine he was asking about...

p.s. It does not really matter which engine he was asking about because he still would have got the same answer!

p.s.s Just because i read this thread, it does not mean i have to agree with everything you say, and pedal the hype you guys are creating. Fact of the matter is, i have seen plenty of these engines run, and they are nothing special....
Old 08-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #607
Tech Elite

You know, you're absolutely right, Rody. I was wrong. The TZs will get spanked by everything else out on the market. Don't buy them, they are a waste of money.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:17 AM   #608
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to pedal2thametal

lol. ya.
there are like 100's of posts on different forums, all saying the tz is a great engine that wil keep up with the top of the line.
so all the peeps are lying? you think?? rody?

u know what the funny thing is.. you buy an engine at 350 /400 dollar while this one is 185 dollar. and u come talking with an attitude?

hmnmmmm 185dollar orrrrr 400 hmmmmm

pedal2thametal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #609
Tech Adept

I read so much on these engines...... i Stocked up....

6 at a go !!! yup thats half a dozen TZ - TO5's

Everyone on my team got so excited they bought them off me !! So i was only left with 3 now. I got 1 broken in on my FW05 - the others await there turn !! lol

Cheap engine burn one usee another !! No need for spares !! which could be hard to find now a days' and could cost as much as an engine

Ziizo
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:59 PM   #610
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedal2thametal
lol. ya.
there are like 100's of posts on different forums, all saying the tz is a great engine that wil keep up with the top of the line.
so all the peeps are lying? you think?? rody?

u know what the funny thing is.. you buy an engine at 350 /400 dollar while this one is 185 dollar. and u come talking with an attitude?

hmnmmmm 185dollar orrrrr 400 hmmmmm

I did not call anyone a liar nor will I. What im saying is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and my head got chewed off for expressing mine. Creating hype does not mean your lying, it means more like people are over exaggerating. $400 for a reason, and $185 for a reason, although i must admit that the gap in performance is smaller than the price suggests.

Peace!

Last edited by Rody; 08-05-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #611
Tech Regular

i have a 5 port tz and a modded jp. both are in mtx3's with identical gearing.
the tz rips off the line and out of the corners,but the jp has a smoother powerband and more topend

for the dollars,the tz is a good thing,but i'd like to try the 3 port....
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #612
Tech Adept

I was asking about the TZ from OS i was merely saying i have a .12 cv-r and runs great .I wanted to know how the TZ are!Also whats the differnce between the log stroke and the short stroke in Touring car performance.
BatJam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:35 PM   #613
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just came back from Sun Valley Racetrack. I raced against a lot of good racers, but there was one in particular I'd like to talk about.

For starters, I run a Mugen MTX-3 prospec with a Mugen X12. I only run 20% for now, but I will be bumping up to 30% for a little bit more power.

There was one racer, with a OS 12 TZ (blue head...I assume that's the 3 port). On sun valley's 150ft straightaway, the guy was neck and neck with me up till the very end of the straightaway. After the race, I talked to him about his engine, and what fuel he's using. He's using only 20% as I am...but still, that OS 12TX motor impressed me a lot. Here's a motor, only 200 bucks, against my Mugen X12 motor that costs about 100 more, and it can hang with it all day. Not too shabby.

I've come to the conclusion, that, if I were to buy another engine, it'd have to be the OS 12TZ. What an awesome motor.
snowboardgeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #614
Tech Adept

thats kinda what i wanted to hear! thanks!
BatJam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:48 PM   #615
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

I'll surely get one also if someone gives me a definate answer about how many gallons you can put through it before you gotta break it down.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote