R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-01-2005, 02:03 AM   #571
Tech Regular

yeah,my 5 port was doing that in the 10 minute final yesterday.
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:04 AM   #572
Tech Master

I did the opposite..richened it 5 minutes before a long final and the engine ran beautifully for 45 minutes
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:06 AM   #573
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_D
To Xbeta, sort of off topic but, how is your RRR holding up. I was thinking of getting the normal version and putting in the 3 port.
Nitro D,

Sorry for the late reply. You mean how its holding up with the .12TZ 5P on it?

Its doing pretty well actually. Its still the stock WCE version except for the front diff. No damaged parts so far (fingers crossed). I personally think the engine is a bit too much for our track, but it still great. Nonetheless, I still havent leaned it up as much my friend Doki-doki has done with his TZ.

cheers!
XBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:10 AM   #574
Tech Adept

Quote:
What is the main performance difference between the two. The WC and the normal. I don't want to bother with it if it is cosmetic.
Just some hop-ups (F&R Universals, 1-piece engine mount, aluminum wheel hex hubs)
Old 08-01-2005, 03:10 AM   #575
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for that, is there anything that the WCE has that improves its durability. Cause i'd prefer something durable than something really fast, not saying the RRR is slow but you know what i mean.
nitro_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:10 AM   #576
Tech Apprentice

By aluminium hex do u mean hex screws. Because i can't stand normal screw drivers.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:13 AM   #577
Tech Adept

Quote:
Thanks for that, is there anything that the WCE has that improves its durability. Cause i'd prefer something durable than something really fast, not saying the RRR is slow but you know what i mean.
We might get axed here for having this out-of-topic discussion, but I think the only major difference which improves reliability is the universals.

better have this discussion on the V1RRR thread.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:15 AM   #578
Tech Apprentice

Nah thats all i needed to know. So universals, and does the WCE come with hex screws.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:41 AM   #579
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBeta
Nitro D,

Sorry for the late reply. You mean how its holding up with the .12TZ 5P on it?

Its doing pretty well actually. Its still the stock WCE version except for the front diff. No damaged parts so far (fingers crossed). I personally think the engine is a bit too much for our track, but it still great. Nonetheless, I still havent leaned it up as much my friend Doki-doki has done with his TZ.

cheers!
he..he.. i'm still on the rich side xbeta... what to see the real performance of the OSTZ engine, i'm making the engine leaner about an hour turn every race and see how it performs. i'm running my engine with a 6.5mm carbrestrictor from my rb rody engine. planning to get an mspeed one... so far, i really like the performance of the ostz engine
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:42 AM   #580
Tech Elite

Quote:
Nah thats all i needed to know. So universals, and does the WCE come with hex screws.
the wce does not come with hex screws. it comes with aluminum hex hub adapters for the wheels...
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:50 AM   #581
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Ran the OS on Sunday in 20 min final. It seemed to get richer as the final went on and I had to lean it out to stop it stalling when braking.

Anybody have this problem?

It was faster than the megas
I had this before. It means that your low end was a little bit rich when you started the main.

Because of the sleeve design, it needs temperature to ensure a consistent tune across 10 mins or more.

Just make sure you didn't have a dragging thrust race or bearing in your clutch.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:06 AM   #582
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I ran the TZ 3p on the weekend, I used the crank off the TZ 5p -bigger (7mm vs 6mm ) intake hole...makes a big difference to both the power band and the run time....I can see why some guys running the 5p are struggling....6 1/2 minutes MAX

I've also found that the oil content makes a fair bit of difference in the HP stakes, I've been using several fuel brands with mixed results, but the engine makes the most power and rpm from a 10% lube mix...

I'm still not too convinced on the OS T1040 5.2 pipe..

And to those that say they wear out quickly...my TZ is coming up on the 14th litre (3 gallons) and still has some nip when cold at TDC..
Old 08-01-2005, 06:57 AM   #583
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
The individual who had the issue with the 5-port has had hundreds of gas motors, many O.S., and has been breaking in motors for many years. I trust that when he says there is premature wear, there is something not quite right. I am trying to find out exactly how he broke this particular motor in, so that we can know for sure if the break-in methods may have contributed to the premature wear, or if something else may be contributing to the issue.

It also could just be an isolated manufacturing flaw or metallurgy anomaly.

Hey guys, just wanted to update something that was said a few pages back. I actually talked to the owner of the motor yesterday, who wasn't who I thought it was (the individual that let me know about the problem had purchased the engine for this other person). Though the original motor was from Hong Kong when they were first introduced, I don't think this was an OS problem.

The motor was, in fact, broken in old school by idling 5 tanks through it on the bench. Then idled around the track for two tanks before leaning it out. After the motor started to lose power, the owner also stated that he thought that the air filter may not have done it's job properly, as he found dirt inside the carb neck (this engine was run on a dirt oval car). There may have been dirt inside the motor from the factory, as the owner never opened the engine when new to clean it out.

As far as I am concerned, case closed. This was NOT something that anyone should be worried about. I don't think the motor had anything to do with the issues seen.

Keep buying these little monsters. I saw a few of them run this weekend where BIG horsepower was really needed and they are REALLY fast.

doug
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:40 AM   #584
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
There is a V1RRR thred, save the questions for this car for there,
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:38 AM   #585
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to spenzalii
Default 3pt vs. 5pt

Are the cases for the 3 port and 5 port the same? I'm thinking about picking a 3pt TZ up, but I really like the case and head for the 5 port and will go with the whole color scheme I have planned for the next car. If the internals are the same, should I be able to get the 5 port and swap the sleve? Or is it worth it