R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-14-2005, 12:49 AM   #481
Tech Master

Yup, would have loved to tried it if I got get my hands on it. Awaiting the Zac Project 6mm pipe and gonna do some comparison with the kyosho pipe. Hopefully it will be positive
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:51 AM   #482
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

sorry i know this is off topic

where did you buy zac project parts ?

thanks
john
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:58 AM   #483
Tech Master

Just check with rc champ. They have the complete range of zac pipes and mugen pipes as well. And I got the Charge pipe as well since its so CHEAP
Old 07-14-2005, 06:11 AM   #484
Tech Rookie

what do you guys think of running a Sirio Bugghy S5 glowplug in the 5-port?
its the only one my LHS had

or a OS P3
or a cipolla 6 or 7

tell me what you think
omni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:33 AM   #485
Tech Initiate

Hi guys. My engine just arrived today. What i have to do before break in? Any advise? The carburator turns when i apply a small force with my hand, should i have to tighteen its screw?
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #486
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

The carb will need to be aligned and tightened down at the angle you need it for your car.

I am getting some odd feedback on the TZ12 5-port that after not much run time, that the compression is gone, and the sleeve/piston has worn out. This comes from a racer with a LOT of gas car experience, so I am a bit torn on how I will be breaking in mine.

I think I will be looking to the Josh Cyrul method found on http://www.cefx.net.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #487
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
The carb will need to be aligned and tightened down at the angle you need it for your car.

I am getting some odd feedback on the TZ12 5-port that after not much run time, that the compression is gone, and the sleeve/piston has worn out. This comes from a racer with a LOT of gas car experience, so I am a bit torn on how I will be breaking in mine.

I think I will be looking to the Josh Cyrul method found on http://www.cefx.net.
Im sure the reason that the motor didnt have any compression was that it was not broken in properly, there have been people saying they have more than 2 gallons through them and their still running strong. I have also talked to Ron Atomic who has been runnig an EB mods .12TZ at our local track and havnt heard of if going bad fast at all.
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #488
Tech Initiate

İN the instruciton manuel of the engine it says forget the engine to break in at idle speed. İt is very close to CEFX's method, i will go with the instruction in the manuel. Hey İs it important piston sleeve to be worn immediatly. İt costs 40 usd only.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:03 PM   #489
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad
Hey İs it important piston sleeve to be worn immediatly. İt costs 40 usd only.
Not sure what you mean.....

But... if the sleeve lasts only as long as it takes to break the engine in...
MartynD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:29 PM   #490
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXPro4
Im sure the reason that the motor didnt have any compression was that it was not broken in properly, there have been people saying they have more than 2 gallons through them and their still running strong. I have also talked to Ron Atomic who has been runnig an EB mods .12TZ at our local track and havnt heard of if going bad fast at all.
The individual who had the issue with the 5-port has had hundreds of gas motors, many O.S., and has been breaking in motors for many years. I trust that when he says there is premature wear, there is something not quite right. I am trying to find out exactly how he broke this particular motor in, so that we can know for sure if the break-in methods may have contributed to the premature wear, or if something else may be contributing to the issue.

It also could just be an isolated manufacturing flaw or metallurgy anomaly.

Last edited by squarehead; 07-14-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #491
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I hate to sound like an ass, but I wouldn't trust a guy whos had "hundreds" of engines! LOL
I've only a half gal. of fuel thru my TZ3 and it still gets stuck on a fully charged box and is difficult to turn over by the flywheel out of the car! This engines a keeper! Can't wait to put one in my RC10GT, if I race offroad again!
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:03 PM   #492
Tech Elite

Well, hundreds may be an exaggeration, but if you have been racing since the mid 80s and have had more cars than you can count, there isn't anything odd about having run a lot of gas motors in.

I just found out that he had the motor imported from Hong Kong as soon as they came out (before they were in the US). It was a VERY early engine, and could be one of the sources for the inconsistencies.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:45 PM   #493
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed

It also could just be an isolated manufacturing flaw or metallurgy anomaly.
Yeah this it a big percentage of probability.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:42 PM   #494
Tech Regular

If you idle a motor through the break-in process you are wasting your time.When you break in an engine you need to heat it up with a heat gun(130-160 deg.)and run it at about 185-200 degrees.
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #495
Tech Master

I ran the OS for two races and its still pinch tight at TDC. Similarly another fellow driver had his for 3 races (45 minutes each) and compression is still great. So, I am sure that case is an isolated one.

Rgds