R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-12-2005, 11:42 AM   #466
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
Jye, if you want the most power, torque and RPM's out of your 5 port TZ, go with the Yokomo Mielke pipe or any Top end Nova based pipe like the Mugen racing pipe... The OS pipe is ok just as is the Skyline pipe, but if you want most power out of that motor, strangely... I've found that the Mielke pipe is the magic pipe for that motor.... And I've tried 6 different pipe setups just to see... ie... Skyline, RD's, OFNA MEGA & the OS... The 2 pipes that made the most power for me were the Yokomo Mielke and the Mugen racing pipe... Running 30% nitro and OS P7 & P8 plugs... I'm running the same same P7 plug going on 3 weeks now and it still looks almost like brand new... I know that's off topic, but it just goes to show how well the motor holds it tune....

RC_Alan
That is some extremely helpfull information, thanks........
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:44 AM   #467
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I just ordered a 5-port TZ from rc-toro.com ($197.25 shipped) and I am excited to get it in the car.

I am not a big fan of the silver head, though. If anyone just bought the 3-port and would like to trade for the blue head, I'd trade them straight up. Just PM me...

doug
Doug, now i know you are running 5 port engines.........it is no longer a secret @ tinley, AJ or HTSC, hee hee........(just kidding...we have no rules on engines.....if I want to, I have a 5 port 18TZ fully modified to play with you)
Old 07-12-2005, 11:52 AM   #468
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXPro4
So i got a TZ 3Port yesterday, and i have an RD turboII pipe, how will this work with the TZ or am i better off getting something else?
I doubt the pipe will make it a DAY AND NIGHT different....there are some different but it won't make you dropped from the A to D main...used it untill you can't do any better then try the other one.....$60 is still not cheap to waste unless you are selling it and used the money for the new pipe.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:10 PM   #469
Tech Initiate

Hi guys!

I use % 16 tornado fuel and running in 35 C weather, air pressure is close to 1 atm. İt is 12 tz 3port. Which shims do you use or offer for this conditions?
And which type break in method do you prefer for high performance and durability?
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #470
Tech Adept

"So i got a TZ 3Port yesterday, and i have an RD turboII pipe, how will this work with the TZ or am i better off getting something else?"
I think this might be a good pipe for this engine.... since it's an rpm engine, it should like this pipe, just make sure you gear down.........
let us know how you like the engine..
lonepalm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:04 PM   #471
Tech Master

Over the weekend we have tested numerous pipes (Mielke, Square and Kyosho). The Kyosho with OS produced some real power I must say. Btw, we ran 25% nitro here.
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:27 AM   #472
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundyMan
Over the weekend we have tested numerous pipes (Mielke, Square and Kyosho). The Kyosho with OS produced some real power I must say. Btw, we ran 25% nitro here.
what kyosho pipe were you using?
omni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:37 AM   #473
Tech Master

Kyosho 7mm pipe, part number 39056 I think. Only downside is, with this pipe, the fuel consumption is a little on the high side say compared to a 6mm pipe.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:42 AM   #474
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Kyosho 7mm pipe, part number 39056 I think. Only downside is, with this pipe, the fuel consumption is a little on the high side say compared to a 6mm pipe.
It's also not legal for racing in the US.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #475
Tech Adept

Not by a long shot!! No wonder you're making lots of power with that pipe. I think that maybe roars limitations on stinger diameter might be getting out dated. The rules were made when most engines were in the .7 hp catagory. Double the power, and you're exhausting much more air/fuel. I'd still like to see the old cz-z dynoed for comparison puposes to todays engines. I think the stinger rules date back to then..................... Imagine the new breed of engines designed to run on a larger stinger-- should be even more powerful (?)
lonepalm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:43 PM   #476
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Doug, now i know you are running 5 port engines.........it is no longer a secret @ tinley, AJ or HTSC, hee hee........(just kidding...we have no rules on engines.....if I want to, I have a 5 port 18TZ fully modified to play with you)
Hah! That's why I bought the 5-port. Nice motor. Damn, rc-toro.com delivered it in exactly 2 days. I ordered it on the 11th and got it on the doorstep this afternoon. NICE!

It's purdy, too. Much nicer looking than OS motors I remember.

Still don't like the silver head if anyone wants to swap for the blue 3-port version.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:25 PM   #477
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a 5 port TZ, too. The body is black anodized. Anybody knows if it is hardened, too?
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:13 PM   #478
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

I believe I read that it was powder coated, but not hardened aluminum.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:31 PM   #479
Tech Master

Yup, its coated with alumnite as per what the OS website says.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:23 AM   #480
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Try the OS 1040 6mm. I think it gives a bit more in the bottom end.
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote