R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2005, 10:37 PM   #31
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Seisick
..........................I just broke the conrod and sg shaflt on both of my sirios evo 2, 3 and 5 port without any reason whatsoever. quality and reliability again!......................
I'm going on to my third year with Sirios and Sirio/Collari's and have never seen something like that?????? Are you absolutely sure you are doing things right????

I'm now working on STS engines and my Dragon D3R factory modified is ballistic, stable and reliable...To me that engine has the best cost- performance relatinoship I have seen.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 06:58 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

yep, on the 3 port the conrod broke at the place where it meets the shaft´s pin, and on the 5 port the shaft broke just before the opening, the engines were always in the 200s f. ran with rd turbo pipe, s 7 plugs and 30 nitro. the 3 port was the first batch of evo 2 (small head and standard shaft). the funny thing is that the track is tight and medium size straight, so the engines were never put into the outer limits of their performance.
tz will be my practice engine and evo for competition.
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #33
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Seisick
yep, on the 3 port the conrod broke at the place where it meets the shaft´s pin, and on the 5 port the shaft broke just before the opening, the engines were always in the 200s f. ran with rd turbo pipe, s 7 plugs and 30 nitro. the 3 port was the first batch of evo 2 (small head and standard shaft). the funny thing is that the track is tight and medium size straight, so the engines were never put into the outer limits of their performance.
tz will be my practice engine and evo for competition.
AHHH......that explains it, first batch of Evo 2 black head Sirio's had an issue with short life of conrod bushing, which created a fast over-tolerance with crank pin, which led to fracture of either rod or crank, if conrod was not changed after break-in. After that factory changed hardness on crankpin and rod bushing for more normal wear...but in any case, running on 30% Nitro on any engine, demands eye inspection of rod-crank play after every race.
I did measurement to crank pin on a new stock Sirio engine and found that it has 4.428mm. The right play between crank pin and conrod bushing is 0.04 – 0.05 mm.
I don't know if you're able to check it, but I suggest as a general rule that engines that are run hard should have a conrod replacement at least every 2 to gallons of fuel regardless of visual inspection.
The life of the conrod depends mainly on the quality of fuel you use, as the lubrication and the right carburetion keeps your engine running well for long time.
Obtain the correct factory replacement conrod and "new wrist pin clips". Install the new rod exactly like the old one was before you removed it. Note the oil hole in the conrod should be towards the crank.
The fact that the crankshaft pin must be absolutely round (as must be the hole in the connecting rod) is one of the most overlooked aspects of engine wear, and can result in damage even with a brand new rod. The proper way to measure this is to measure with a micrometer on one axes (in line with the direction the rod would travel) and then again on the axes perpendicular to the first. The difference of these two measurements should be < 0.002 if any. If it has more then change the crankshaft, and bearings.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:46 AM   #34
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: toulouse/france
Posts: 542
Default



romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:52 AM   #35
Tech Elite
 
HarKonnenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,024
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Default

Nice. Any info on specs yet?
__________________
Trying to live every day like its the last....
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:51 AM   #36
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,542
Default

When will this engine available on the market? Is it 3 or 5 ports design?
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:36 PM   #37
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 47
Default

what is the bore and stroke of this engine?? If it is a longer stroke, then this engine should have more torque for great acceleration and fuel mileage
rs4lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:48 PM   #38
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Anaheim CA
Posts: 29
Smile



3 ports spec.

Bore 13.8 mm X Stroke 14.0mm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12tz-3.jpg (69.1 KB, 254 views)
bennylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:50 PM   #39
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Anaheim CA
Posts: 29
Smile



5 ports spec.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12tz-5.jpg (82.6 KB, 288 views)
bennylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #40
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

I can see now we will have a NON ITALIAN made engine that is up to par with the big boys, for below $200 each....
I have the 18TZ for now........that engine is just WAY too crazy for 200mm TC, so I will put that on my 235mm instead.....and this 12TZ will be on my shopping list.....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:07 AM   #41
Tech Elite
 
HarKonnenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,024
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Default

Hey Rookie! How are ya? Yeah finally the OS .12TZ is coming. I can't wait to hear about it. May just be my next engine for the R40.
__________________
Trying to live every day like its the last....
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic
 
Team-RTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: sydney
Posts: 917
Default

WOWOW 1.5hp, and we all know that OS rate their engines realistically, this engine should absolutely haul ASS!
__________________
SERPENT | NOVAROSSI | XRAY | TEKIN | FUTABA
Team-RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:38 AM   #43
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Hey Rookie! How are ya? Yeah finally the OS .12TZ is coming. I can't wait to hear about it. May just be my next engine for the R40.
Yeah, sup..............I am excited about this engine, Mr. Benny Lee is my motor engineer and he mod all of my engine for racing, when he was modding my OS 18TZ, he realized that the material OS used is up to par (it might be better) then the material that Nova Rossi is using (NR or RR series).......the engineering is as good as the big boys. THAT, gave me confident about this 12 TZ engine.

When I was in HK 3 weeks ago, I finally test run the Benny Lee modded TZ18.............I was using only 25% Trinity fuel, needle still running RICH for brand new engine, my NTC3 is totally UNCONTROLLABLE (totally expected...2.25HP on NTC3 should not be controllable).......but on the 240 feet straight dash, my NTC3 were out run (come from behind) to those with Nova MAX P5 5 port turbo MOD engine 710.....not just 1 time, I tired several times.....my NTC3 is in close range to those 1/8th cars with 8 port MAX motor...

Only downside, 18TZ can only last me close to 4 minutes, it might be because I was still running RICH side....

But this 12TZ, is definitely a good choice of 12 engine.....no more 12TR or R spec, TZ is Nova Rossi standard....I would not say it will be Better then the latest Nova Rossi LL series, but I do not think it will be any less then something like NR3 or NR5.

PS...public price from Japan, P3 = 22,000 Yen, P5 = 24,000 yen, usually, 100 yen = $1 USD, so, it is NOT as cheap as I expected, but the final price should be lower then $220 and $240.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #44
Tech Elite
 
HarKonnenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,024
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Default

Yeah since the newbs been hearing the .18tz can fit in nitro sedans they all wanna try it and assume they will own everyone. Little do they know what they're in for . I try to convince them to buy something less powerful, but they won't listen. Oh well.
__________________
Trying to live every day like its the last....
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:51 AM   #45
Tech Fanatic
 
Team-RTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: sydney
Posts: 917
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Yeah, sup..............I am excited about this engine, Mr. Benny Lee is my motor engineer and he mod all of my engine for racing, when he was modding my OS 18TZ, he realized that the material OS used is up to par (it might be better) then the material that Nova Rossi is using (NR or RR series).......the engineering is as good as the big boys. THAT, gave me confident about this 12 TZ engine.

When I was in HK 3 weeks ago, I finally test run the Benny Lee modded TZ18.............I was using only 25% Trinity fuel, needle still running RICH for brand new engine, my NTC3 is totally UNCONTROLLABLE (totally expected...2.25HP on NTC3 should not be controllable).......but on the 240 feet straight dash, my NTC3 were out run (come from behind) to those with Nova MAX P5 5 port turbo MOD engine 710.....not just 1 time, I tired several times.....my NTC3 is in close range to those 1/8th cars with 8 port MAX motor...

Only downside, 18TZ can only last me close to 4 minutes, it might be because I was still running RICH side....

But this 12TZ, is definitely a good choice of 12 engine.....no more 12TR or R spec, TZ is Nova Rossi standard....I would not say it will be Better then the latest Nova Rossi LL series, but I do not think it will be any less then something like NR3 or NR5.

PS...public price from Japan, P3 = 22,000 Yen, P5 = 24,000 yen, usually, 100 yen = $1 USD, so, it is NOT as cheap as I expected, but the final price should be lower then $220 and $240.
rookie what is this new LL novarossi motor you speak of?
__________________
SERPENT | NOVAROSSI | XRAY | TEKIN | FUTABA
Team-RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:23 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net