R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 05-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #196
Tech Adept

Exclamation

I dont think there is a rotary carb on the TZ ? is ther ???
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #197
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by uaerc
I dont think there is a rotary carb on the TZ ? is ther ???

Yes, OS part # 11371 comes with rotary carb.
3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:59 PM   #198
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by jt6
I think I saw that the regular TR is being discontinued also.
Hi,

Anyone out there ran the 12 TR(P)T and is now running the 12 TZR? How does the 2 compare? Is the new TZR significantly more powerful?

The 12 TR had some issues of running too hot even when "properly tuned". (in tropical climate, 30~35 C ambient)
Does the TZR share the same "problem"?

Looking for a more competitive replacement for my 12 TR(P)T.

Cheers...
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:00 AM   #199
Tech Master

Darth, the new OS runs great and from what I have seen, its a significant improvement over the older OS engines. In the last kyosho cup, the engine was pretty reliable and fast too!! Now, I am waiting to see how long it can last before loosing its compression before I decide to take the plunge myself
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:02 AM   #200
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader
Hi,

Anyone out there ran the 12 TR(P)T and is now running the 12 TZR? How does the 2 compare? Is the new TZR significantly more powerful?

The 12 TR had some issues of running too hot even when "properly tuned". (in tropical climate, 30~35 C ambient)
Does the TZR share the same "problem"?

Looking for a more competitive replacement for my 12 TR(P)T.

Cheers...
I didn't run the 12TR but have had trouble getting temperature into the TZ in 25-30C days. I found that I had the bottom end too rich to try and look after it and it didn't like it at all. Took about 4 mins of track time to get up to temp and then the tuning was off.

Since I worked it out on the weekend as to why it was doing what it was doing, it is even faster off the line now.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:40 AM   #201
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:

The 12 TR has good bottom end power, but lacks mid range & top end compared to say an RB Rody or a JP FX3,
The 12 TZ in comparison feels like it has a heap more power over a much broader rev range.
I've been using the 12TZ with the OS T1030 pipe, this may be a reason why my engine feels like it's lacking a little top end (in my FW05RR), I used the same enngine in my RRR with a collari pipe and it was less evident, also, the engine note that this engine makes needs to be heard to be beleived!

The 12TZ is a little thirstier than the 12 TR.

HTH

Luis
Old 05-09-2005, 04:08 AM   #202
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BundyMan
Darth, the new OS runs great and from what I have seen, its a significant improvement over the older OS engines. In the last kyosho cup, the engine was pretty reliable and fast too!! Now, I am waiting to see how long it can last before loosing its compression before I decide to take the plunge myself
Thanks for the feedback. You mean they had it for the Kyosho cup already? Wow, that was quick. I only saw it last week...

Does OS has a history of losing compression real quick? I am now running a 12 TRPT. Come to think of it, it does feel quite loose after just 1 gallon.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:14 AM   #203
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Z00M
I didn't run the 12TR but have had trouble getting temperature into the TZ in 25-30C days. I found that I had the bottom end too rich to try and look after it and it didn't like it at all. Took about 4 mins of track time to get up to temp and then the tuning was off.

Hey, that's what I'm facing with my 12TRPT. I run it slightly rich and it keeps dieing. Then I lean it a bit and it runs beautifully. But after a tank, it gets really hot and idles really high, so I have to re-tune.(but most of the time I don't, I just run the sucker... )

QUOTE]Originally posted by Z00M
Since I worked it out on the weekend as to why it was doing what it was doing, it is even faster off the line now. [/QUOTE]

Care to share how you get around this problem? Do you run it lean at the botton and rich at the top or vise-versa?
Old 05-09-2005, 04:15 AM   #204
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sp Racer
The 12 TR has good bottom end power, but lacks mid range & top end compared to say an RB Rody or a JP FX3,
The 12 TZ in comparison feels like it has a heap more power over a much broader rev range.
I've been using the 12TZ with the OS T1030 pipe, this may be a reason why my engine feels like it's lacking a little top end (in my FW05RR), I used the same enngine in my RRR with a collari pipe and it was less evident, also, the engine note that this engine makes needs to be heard to be beleived!

The 12TZ is a little thirstier than the 12 TR.

HTH

Luis
Really tempted to get one now...
Old 05-09-2005, 07:13 AM   #205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i've read this thread and i'm very convinced to get one. i've run an ostr 3 ports and an ostr 5 ports. it's fast and realiable. i've also run a rody x12 and a rody v12. these 2 engines are stupid fast but sometimes i can't predict the handling of my car since there is too much power....hopefully with this new os engine, i can tame my car....

Last edited by doki_doki; 05-11-2005 at 08:03 AM.
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:07 AM   #206
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Quote:
Originally posted by doki_doki
i've read this thread and i'm very convinced to get one. i've run an ostr 3 ports and an ostr 5 ports. it's fast and realiable. i've also run a rody x12 and a rody v12. these 2 engines are stupid fast but sometimes i can't predict the handling of my car since there is too much power....hopefully with this new os engine, my car can tame my car....
Gotta learn to control that badboy. I run the Rody V12 3 port std plug for my R40 and I can handle it. If I get another sedan I'll try the OS .12TZ in it.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:17 PM   #207
Tech Initiate

I decided to hold off on the TZ for now.
I just ordered a TRX 2.5R for the sprint car
I didn't want to wait till the TZ was released later this month & sit out of the racing till then..

I'll keep checking this post & when the TZ's been out a while & I see how they preform & how long they hold up & then I'll see about getting one.
Then at least doing it this way I'll have a spare engine for my Revo when I get the TZ.
themoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:26 PM   #208
Tech Initiate

Default Got one!

Just picked one up in San Jose last night.Check out this site.
www.rc-toro.com. you will love the price.
athrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:50 PM   #209
Tech Initiate

So they are in the US??
Are they a LHS with an internet site or a grage shop??

Those prices are more inline with what I was expecting to see.

Did you get the 3 or 5 port??

Keep us posted on how it runs & holds up.
themoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #210
Tech Initiate

He is in the San Jose Ca area.I met him last night to pick up the engine.Picked up the 3 port.Will break in during week and race on Sunday.Lots of modified engines were we race.Will post on Sunday after we give it a try.
athrun is offline   Reply With Quote