R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #946
M7H
Tech Elite

???

http://www.the-border.nl/product.php...cat=207&page=1

still 100,- Euro less expensive.......

Mega. 265,-
Nova. 368,-

And if you order from Germany, you can take 19% of the price (Dutch tax)
Old 08-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #947
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
???

http://www.the-border.nl/product.php...cat=207&page=1

still 100,- Euro less expensive.......

Mega. 265,-
Nova. 368,-

And if you order from Germany, you can take 19% of the price (Dutch tax)
I told you, the Border is VERY expensive. In Germany you can get the 12-3 for 259 - 269 Euros

http://www.rc-cars.de/

http://www.hobby-factory.com/catalog...0719bc7aa94698

And no, you can not deduct Tax within the EU!!
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #948
Tech Elite

Oh and one more thing. The "T" version the Border is selling is NOT EFRA legal

http://www.novarossi.it/eng/motori/plus123t3ct.htm

Old 08-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #949
M7H
Tech Elite

EU, your wright...

But if the Nova can be bought for that price in Germany, the Mega should be less expensive, atleast that is what I would expect if I compare the price at the-border.....

But, I guess you just have to wait then....
Old 08-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #950
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
Oh and one more thing. The "T" version the Border is selling is NOT EFRA legal
Haha, nice detail to know......
Old 08-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #951
Tech Elite

Holy shit, John Ermen also want 369 Euros for the 12-3.

http://www.jeracing.nl/index.html?lmd=38914.751574

I guess you guys better order from Germany then
Old 08-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #952
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
I guess you guys better order from Germany then
maybe that's better.....

But the 35+21 is 599,- with Ermen, where the same engine in Germany is, 550,-
http://www.hobby-factory.com/catalog...0719bc7aa94698

So that not a big difference....

Why the difference in the .12 engine is that big then, I don't know.....
Old 08-07-2006, 12:25 AM   #953
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to aaalp Send a message via MSN to aaalp Send a message via Yahoo to aaalp
Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
There have been some issues with the Mega engines, that's something we should not forget, but I am convinced that most of these problems are related to user errors.....

The Mega engines need to be tuned a little different, and if you don't do that.......
They also need a little more maintenance, and if you don't do that......

just my 2 cents.....
I am quite happy with the performance I have had on my ZX12.

M7H, how would you recommend maintaining the ZX12 or generally the Mega Engines? Something specific I should know or pay attention at? Pls let us know.
aaalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:33 AM   #954
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Qlone

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
The Mega engines need to be tuned a little different, and if you don't do that.......
In what way? I just finished running in my ZX12 this weekend and the engine runs very fine now.
Tuned it a little rich on the low needle and leaned out the top until the sound became clear, without stuttering. According to my temp gun running temperature is then about 110 degrees...
Qlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:35 AM   #955
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaalp

M7H, how would you recommend maintaining the ZX12 or generally the Mega Engines? Something specific I should know or pay attention at? Pls let us know.
Traditionally the conrods have been a weak spot on the mega engines. They have only recently been improved (my engine has the new conrod, but the spare I got is still of the old type). I hear it's a good idea to check the conrod periodically and replace it when in doubt...
Old 08-07-2006, 05:47 AM   #956
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to aaalp Send a message via MSN to aaalp Send a message via Yahoo to aaalp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlone
Traditionally the conrods have been a weak spot on the mega engines. They have only recently been improved (my engine has the new conrod, but the spare I got is still of the old type). I hear it's a good idea to check the conrod periodically and replace it when in doubt...
Yes, I got the new conrod as well. My spare is a new one also. From time to time I check it.
Qlone: How do you set the low speed needle? Can you pls describe it to me? Thanks.
aaalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #957
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:

As Qlone said, check the conrod regularly, and replace after 3-5 liter (1 gallon)
Take out only 1 piston clip, the one on the exhaust side, and replace this one always for a new one (also a possible user error can be made there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlone
In what way? I just finished running in my ZX12 this weekend and the engine runs very fine now.
Tuned it a little rich on the low needle and leaned out the top until the sound became clear, without stuttering. According to my temp gun running temperature is then about 110 degrees...
That's what I mean, a little rich on the bottom...
If you also lean the bottom end, they will be even faster out of a corner, but in my opinion that is exactly what you should not do......

They are fast out of the corner allready, but don't try to get the maximum out of them on the bottom end.......
Also give the engine 3 minutes to completely warm up (the carb) before tunning the mixture......

Last edited by M7H; 08-07-2006 at 08:53 AM.
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #958
Tech Adept

Quote:
Yes, I got the new conrod as well. My spare is a new one also. From time to time I check it.
Qlone: How do you set the low speed needle? Can you pls describe it to me? Thanks.
Here's how I tune the engine:
There are three screws to adjust, the high speed needle, the low speed (the screw on the sliding part of the carb) and the idle screw (located on the back of the carb, controlling the carb opening at idle).

I start the engine, and turn the high speed needle out a bit (about a half to a full turn). Then I wait a little while to let the engine warm up. I put the car on the ground, and lean the high speed needle until the car starts to move properly.

After that I pick up the car again and put it on the starter box. I open the throttle for about a second and listen to the engine's sound. I lean out the high speed needle until the engine's sound is clean at high RPM (hard to describe, but once you hear it it becomes very easy and is the same for most engines). If you do this well the engine produces enough smoke at high RPM and temperature will be just over 100 degrees celcius (@25 celcius ambient temp).

Next is the low speed (or idle) needle. I open the throttle for a second to clear out the engine and then let it idle. If the RPM of the engine drops a bit after a few seconds, that's OK. If it drops a lot it's too rich on the low end, and must be leaned out a bit. If the engine wants to keep revving when you go off the throttle it's too lean and must be set richer.

The final step is to adjust the idle RPM to be not overly high or low. Then check the low speed needle again. Done.

Final high speed needle adjustments must be made on the track...

I tune all engines this way, but for the mega I just keep the idle a bit richer than for others.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:21 AM   #959
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Plugs!

Hi

I am looking at maybe getting a Mega ZX12, i live in Brisbane, Australia and i am totally confused about the glow plug range offered by Mega. In the past when i have run a Novarossi based engine i have run a med short body turbo plug. At the moment we are in winter and temp is about 24ish, during summer it will hit 35+ (degrees)...

I normally like to run my motors on the rich side and have been told that since i will be running a low nitro (16%) high methanol content i should use a hot plug, but which one a 5,6, or 7 and what the hell is the differences? The MyTSN site doesn't tell you anything about them at all...

Look forward to your imput.

BB
Old 08-10-2006, 04:48 AM   #960
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

hey bundy,

i used to run 6 and 7's with mine felt the 7 worked best over all but thats just a personal opinion i have no facts to back that up, just how the car felt.