R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #76
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 778
Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Potje
Hi Speedy,

There is a huge difference in different exhaust combinations.

It seems that these engines, both .12 & .21 react more to different exhaust combinations than the Nova engines we use to race.
Not sure though if this is an advantage for the club racer or not....? It does give you an extra tuning possibility and it is definitely worth a try. You don't have to buy all the exhaust yourself, maybe you can borrow one from a friend.

After the tests this are the best combinations for the .21.

We use usually the 2018 set (new number is 203039). This set gives a very good punch (maybe too much), but top speed is a little less and fuel consumption is high. The other set, we sell is the 2002 (203014). with this set you have an excellent fuel consumption and a good top speed, but less bottom

Regards,
Maarten
Hi Maarten,

i agree with you that the 2018 gives a very good punch as I saw a guy running this set with too much bottom, however not enough top speed. My powerpack comes with 2002 so i am bit concern about lacking of bottom. I would also try the Max and Nova 2006 to see the difference as well.

Don't understand why my local hobby shop supplied me the 2002 set and some only provide 2018 in the powerpack ??

thxs
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:57 AM   #77
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy100
Hi Maarten,

i agree with you that the 2018 gives a very good punch as I saw a guy running this set with too much bottom, however not enough top speed. My powerpack comes with 2002 so i am bit concern about lacking of bottom. I would also try the Max and Nova 2006 to see the difference as well.

Don't understand why my local hobby shop supplied me the 2002 set and some only provide 2018 in the powerpack ??

thxs

Hi Speedy,

Don't worry to much about a lack of top end with the 2002. At least, Michael or Rick aren't and they tested on one of the very fast Italian circuits....

Regards,

Last edited by Potje; 01-12-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Potje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:46 PM   #78
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Potje
Hi Speedy,

Don't worry to much about a lack of top end with the 2002. At least, Michael or Rick aren't and they tested on one of the very fast Italian circuits....

Regards,
Thanks for all the answer.........so, what is 201503 came with..? 2002 or the 2018?
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:10 PM   #79
Tech Master
 
theRED5's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: near Athens,GA
Posts: 1,022
Default

I was able to pick up a ZX21 Race with the 203014 pipe set this past weekend from Fast & Furious in FL., $350 for the set.

Winner's Circle has just placed an order for some....give Lee a call....

I just got some pics from Uriah Murnan he's done his magic...

My pictures are too big to post.
__________________
I [I]AM [/I]the Driver !

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #80
Tech Fanatic
 
ttso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5
I was able to pick up a ZX21 Race with the 203014 pipe set this past weekend from Fast & Furious in FL., $350 for the set.

Winner's Circle has just placed an order for some....give Lee a call....

I just got some pics from Uriah Murnan he's done his magic...

My pictures are too big to post.
Murnan is doing ZX21 mod? OH MY...
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:06 AM   #81
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Thanks for all the answer.........so, what is 201503 came with..? 2002 or the 2018?
The 201503 should be supplied with the 2002.....

It is possible however, that some distributors made their own powerpack as we could not keep up with the sudden demand for the powerpacks.
At the moment we can though....

Regards,
Maarten
Potje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:16 AM   #82
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 778
Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Potje
The 201503 should be supplied with the 2002.....

It is possible however, that some distributors made their own powerpack as we could not keep up with the sudden demand for the powerpacks.
At the moment we can though....

Regards,
Maarten
Hi Maarten,

do you know how many chamber 2002 has ? i thought it was a two chambers like nova 9886.

thxs
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:36 AM   #83
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I am glad you mentioned that.....Serpent SHOP has listed MS version for the 12 and 21 and I have ppl keep calling me and asked for the MS version when I am keep telling them there is NO SUCH A THING CALLED MS or MICHAEL SALVEN eidition for the new MEGA lineup ........YET.

Then Serpent online shop shut down the store and promised to correct that mistake.
Paolo's engine has an "MS" on the head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paolo-1s.jpg (120.1 KB, 334 views)
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:45 AM   #84
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy100
Hi Maarten,

do you know how many chamber 2002 has ? i thought it was a two chambers like nova 9886.

thxs
I thought the same to be honest.... It seems to be that the 2002 from Picco is EFRA legal (I have a 2004 version of the EFRA handbook) However, MAX made an exhaust, 02002 which was indeed a 2 chamber exhaust so I understand the confusion (at least I was)

In short, the MEGA 2002 is EFRA legal.

Regards,
Maarten
Potje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:14 AM   #85
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jag
Paolo's engine has an "MS" on the head.
You dont' have to tell me, everyone knew there is a MS version MEGA cause its pictures where spotted everywhere at Brazil WORLD...

However, those engines are not for public, at least not for you and me....and thats why ppl called me and asked for the MS RACE version when there is no such thing is MS version released to the public...........YET, I know in the near future, there will be release, but not now, and I am sure Maarten will let us know when that is reality.

Thats why, when you see my message, I wrote........"YET" at the end. Maarten already confirmed there is no MS version MEGA released in this world (except sponcered, team or special drivers..) for now...
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #86
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
You dont' have to tell me, everyone knew there is a MS version MEGA cause its pictures where spotted everywhere at Brazil WORLD...

However, those engines are not for public, at least not for you and me....and thats why ppl called me and asked for the MS RACE version when there is no such thing is MS version released to the public...........YET, I know in the near future, there will be release, but not now, and I am sure Maarten will let us know when that is reality.

Thats why, when you see my message, I wrote........"YET" at the end. Maarten already confirmed there is no MS version MEGA released in this world (except sponcered, team or special drivers..) for now...
I understand what you are saying but I was under the impression that the "race" was the same as an "MS", they just changed the name.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:16 PM   #87
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jag
I understand what you are saying but I was under the impression that the "race" was the same as an "MS", they just changed the name.
You are more or less correct. Let me explain. The " tradition" was to name special versions of engines " MS" However, the current Race version is the only available engine and besides this, there is nothing really special about this version (it is the only Race version available)

The expression "Yet" will not apply for some while though. As for the moment there are no plans to add a special version or MS version if you like.

The MS you see on Paolo's cooling head is probably a remaining cooling head from the WC. Is has nothing to do with team stuff what so ever. As for the moment, even the team or factory drivers use more or less the same engines you can buy. With more or less I mean some of them, not all, are hand sorted and that's about is. No special KHM tuning adds or anything with the exception that they did it themselves or something. Just engines from our normal stock (once they arrive)

Did you know Michael was using a NON modified engine at the EC in Austria.... It where still prototype engines though....

Regards,
Maarten
Potje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #88
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Potje
You are more or less correct. Let me explain. The " tradition" was to name special versions of engines " MS" However, the current Race version is the only available engine and besides this, there is nothing really special about this version (it is the only Race version available)

The expression "Yet" will not apply for some while though. As for the moment there are no plans to add a special version or MS version if you like.

The MS you see on Paolo's cooling head is probably a remaining cooling head from the WC. Is has nothing to do with team stuff what so ever. As for the moment, even the team or factory drivers use more or less the same engines you can buy. With more or less I mean some of them, not all, are hand sorted and that's about is. No special KHM tuning adds or anything with the exception that they did it themselves or something. Just engines from our normal stock (once they arrive)

Did you know Michael was using a NON modified engine at the EC in Austria.... It where still prototype engines though....

Regards,
Maarten
Maarten, with someone like you from Serpent and MEGA to explain stuff on Serpent beharve, I am sure there will be a lot more MEGA or Serpent owner in the near future, also, made my job a lot easier.......

P.S....I still have customer called me (yesterday) and said they will hold on the purchase of MEGA engine untill the Michael Salven version is out for purchase (I have to blaim those pictures from the WORLD...LOL)...........NOW, I will have them to read your respond and get the RACE version instead......or have them to buy the old MS NovaMEGA if they want to, fine by me.....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:38 PM   #89
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jag
I understand what you are saying but I was under the impression that the "race" was the same as an "MS", they just changed the name.
Like we all know....those pictures from the WOLRD does confused a lot of ppl, especially when Serpent USA Shop posted RACE-MS version before...........I am glad that serpent corrected that littel misunderstanding.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #90
Tech Master
 
theRED5's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: near Athens,GA
Posts: 1,022
Default

At this past weekends WinterNats warm up, Doug said Paolo's engine was stock, and I saw no MS on the head.
__________________
I [I]AM [/I]the Driver !

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: Mega Picco Header and pipe .12 rcfoolz R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 10-07-2007 07:46 PM
FS: Mega Picco .21 DSII with spares mrgsr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 12-02-2006 03:09 PM
KYOSHO RRR WCE,Mega picco Carlsen Modifeid GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 02-08-2006 07:40 PM
^^^ NIB MEGA PICCO ZX12 VERY CHEAP AND USED MEGA PICCO PIPE ^^^ Riketsu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-09-2005 03:54 PM
Mega-Picco ZX-12 Pandora's Box Malaysian R/C Racers 52 04-08-2005 01:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:56 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net