R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #841
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Isecond that question. I'd like to know also.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #842
Tech Regular

No, tehy will not work, I tried already.
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #843
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am having a problem with my mega motor coming out of corners. When I first put the car on the track it works well for about a minute or so but then it start to bog heavily to the point that my car will hardly move and then it suddenly jumps. Any suggestions?

Here are my clutch settings

.5mm clutch gap
.1mm end play
yellow shoe
1.8 spring
standward flywieghts
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #844
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Jammin'Trey

May be a lil rich on the low end? Also try going down a little on the 1st gear..
Jammin'Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #845
Tech Initiate

Default Lean bog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G
I am having a problem with my mega motor coming out of corners. When I first put the car on the track it works well for about a minute or so but then it start to bog heavily to the point that my car will hardly move and then it suddenly jumps. Any suggestions
Sounds like too lean on the LSN- Seems ok until motor heats up.
C Mike Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #846
Tech Elite

Quote:
I am having a problem with my mega motor coming out of corners. When I first put the car on the track it works well for about a minute or so but then it start to bog heavily to the point that my car will hardly move and then it suddenly jumps. Any suggestions?

.5mm clutch gap
.1mm end play
yellow shoe
1.8 spring
standward flywieghts
It is actually too lean on the bottom the mega likes it rich on the bottom, trust me it is too lean on the bottom. These motors like the idle also low, as low as possible without turning off. If it bogs and then goes suddendly then it's lean, if it blows a lot of smoke and will not move and then slowly goes then it is too rich.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #847
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
It is actually too lean on the bottom the mega likes it rich on the bottom, trust me it is too lean on the bottom. These motors like the idle also low, as low as possible without turning off. If it bogs and then goes suddendly then it's lean, if it blows a lot of smoke and will not move and then slowly goes then it is too rich.
Thanks DJ!!!!
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #848
Tech Elite

does anyone know what the Mega 21 race is shimmed for stock? 25% or 30%.

After a 20 minute main the plug was distorted. It wasn't lean because it was temp at 210 deg at the end of the race and performance never dropped off.

Should I just add a shim?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #849
icm
Tech Adept

Quote:

.5mm clutch gap
.1mm end play
yellow shoe
1.8 spring
standward flywieghts
DJ might be right . but i had the same prob. sealed and changed evry thing there was. then i change the front bearing and the prob. was solved. try what DJ said if that does not work spray alco. at the front bearing after running on the track to get it up to temp
icm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #850
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
As promised, here is the report about last weekend test of the DSII.

Scotty and me where the only 2 drivers using the engine. We breaking the engines at the track on Saturday morning (6 long and boring very rich tanks on the track) and then 4 more still rich but closer to final setting. The engines performed really good. As i say before, i am really impressed. We ran both engines all Saturday and Sunday (about 3 liters in each one) and performance was always the same, very good pinch. Performance was second to none. We where able to run at least as fast as the fastest Nova 35 Plus engines last weekend (i just want to be on the humble side). We TQ the event.

In the final i had some problem with the glowplugs, cause the engine was flaming out a few time. ( i found out that the problem was the head clearance) The engine come with 0.40mm. I add 0.05 for a total of 0.45mm. This was working good with a 7 cold glowplug. For the final, since was really hot, i had to tune the engine a little bit rich and in order to have a good combustion i went to 7 Hot. Well, for the conditions of this weekend, this combo was on the edge and the glowplug broke. Then i change for a 7 cold, but with the engine on the reach side, it was flaming out. Maybe was also too rich on the bottom end. I think i will be running the engine with 0.50 mm (with 30% Nitro)
For sure i need to play a little bit more with the engine to learn how to use it, but the performance is extremely good. Anyone that was at Ft. Myers can confirm this. We use the Efra 2033 3 chamber pipe, Short conical header and INS Box.

I open the engine Sunday morning to check it. No sign of wear in the conrod. I test also an off the shelf P/S liner, just to be sure that the material was the same, and i had the exact same result.

I will try tomorrow to post some pictures of the internal, just to show how the engine is (by the way, no mods on the P/S) Crank is different from previous version. I'll post it tomorrow

Paolo

Could you comment on your clutch settings with the DSII engine at the Florida Regionals. Did you use a spacer between the engine and the collet behind the flywheel?

Thanks.
Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #851
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76
does anyone know what the Mega 21 race is shimmed for stock? 25% or 30%.

After a 20 minute main the plug was distorted. It wasn't lean because it was temp at 210 deg at the end of the race and performance never dropped off.

Should I just add a shim?
it comes with .30 on shims, I had the same problem, I raise it up to .45 and had no problem at all.
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:03 PM   #852
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
it comes with .30 on shims, I had the same problem, I raise it up to .45 and had no problem at all.

Thanks, I'll change it right now.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #853
Tech Fanatic

PICS OF ZX21 DSII

Guys, sorry for the delay, really busy here preparing for the sedan Nats. Here are the pics of the engine i ran at the Regionals. Also i included the pics of the new crank (sorry was to lazy to take mine apart, but this is the same)

Enjoy

Paolo
Attached Thumbnails
MEGA (by Picco) thread-mvc-326s.jpg   MEGA (by Picco) thread-mvc-325s.jpg   MEGA (by Picco) thread-mvc-324s.jpg   MEGA (by Picco) thread-mvc-323s.jpg   MEGA (by Picco) thread-mvc-321s.jpg  

Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #854
Tech Fanatic

a few more........
Attached Thumbnails
MEGA (by Picco) thread-mvc-320s.jpg   MEGA (by Picco) thread-mvc-319s.jpg   MEGA (by Picco) thread-mvc-318s.jpg  
Old 06-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #855
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall
Could you comment on your clutch settings with the DSII engine at the Florida Regionals. Did you use a spacer between the engine and the collet behind the flywheel?

Thanks.
Kendall,

I do use the spcer of 0.5mm. Clutch setting was:

New flyweigths sliding with 2 holes of 4mm
new hard long spring 1.5mm preloaded
0.5 mm clutch play

Paolo