R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 10-07-2005, 09:08 PM   #601
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
Thanks

I just sent them an email asking for more info, becuase it doesn't show retail price or dealer info.
Edgar, I am Edward from Palmaris Racing! I sent you email back already.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #602
Tech Regular

LOLOLO Yeap, I just received. I don't get use to this forum yet. was very difficult to find the private message tab.
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:58 AM   #603
Tech Elite

Quote:
LOLOLO Yeap, I just received. I don't get use to this forum yet. was very difficult to find the private message tab.
You got long email.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:03 AM   #604
Tech Adept

Quote:
Mega Picco engines like to run a little rich in top speed. It sounds that you are running a little lean, also the back fire could be hot plug. What plug are yuo using?
I am running a 6 cold and race in the northeast where the weather nowadays is about 60 -70 F. I richened up the top end very slightly but now its noticeably slower than befor. What plug would you recomend?
Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:42 AM   #605
Tech Regular

Maxx:

Personally I use 7 cold, but here on the caribbean we have about 80* to 90*. 7 hot should be a better alternative for you, with #7Hot (MEG200172) you will get a better low end and colder temp, when you use a #6 plug you normally need to rich up a little bit due to the higher temps it reach, remeber that the heat of the glow and the % of nitro of the fuel that you use, is what mostly makes the "timming" for the combustion.

If you use a hot plug with high % of nitro, once the piston start to go up with new fuel, it explode before closing the ports, that is when you hear the backfire.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #606
Tech Elite

Hello guys. I just found out that on Euros couple of top Serpent UK guys were using our (Palmaris Racing) conrods on their Mega/Picco engines very succesfully, one of them was Mark Green and second is a owner of Serpent UK, I don't know his name. This info as I know is very credible.
Edward
Old 10-09-2005, 09:46 AM   #607
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gun 777
Hello guys. I just found out that on Euros couple of top Serpent UK guys were using our (Palmaris Racing) conrods on their Mega/Picco engines very succesfully, one of them was Mark Green and second is a owner of Serpent UK, I don't know his name. This info as I know is very credible.
Edward
Where can we buy this conrod? And how many gallons has it endured on a Mega Picco? Or atleast how many gallons does it last on a normal paris engine?
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #608
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Where can we buy this conrod? And how many gallons has it endured on a Mega Picco? Or atleast how many gallons does it last on a normal paris engine?
Please visit our web site www.palmarisracing.com
There is contact info for around the world destribution.
If you have problem to contact, please send me email to [email protected]
Old 10-09-2005, 09:53 AM   #609
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gun 777
Please visit our web site www.palmarisracing.com
There is contact info for around the world destribution.
If you have problem to contact, please send me email to [email protected]
Thanks. Can you tell me when they finish the testing and find out how durable are these conrods? Also, is there a way to distinguish between both conrods [The paris and the original mega picco].
Old 10-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #610
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks. Can you tell me when they finish the testing and find out how durable are these conrods? Also, is there a way to distinguish between both conrods [The paris and the original mega picco].
Testing been finished already-they last at list 4-5 gallons. Any our conrods (for different brands) last more then 4-5 gallons. They will fit in any Picco based engines which has the same dementions as Mega/Picco conrods-I guess all Picco based motors have the same dementions. Anybody can give more info if I am wrong-I have never work with original Picco motors.
Edward
Old 10-09-2005, 10:12 AM   #611
Tech Regular

Quote:

HI Riketsu:

You know where to contact me, we are going to have them soon.

sabes donde conseguirme, las tendremos pronto ya estan ordenadas.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:13 AM   #612
Tech Elite

Quote:
HI Riketsu:

You know where to contact me, we are going to have them soon.

sabes donde conseguirme, las tendremos pronto ya estan ordenadas.
Glad to know. Let me know the second it arrives . It was a good thing the race today was canceled, I had a feeling this was going to be the last race of my conrod.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:27 AM   #613
Tech Regular

Yeap:

It was raining all the way, we also verified at barceloneta, but it was close to 1" of water at the track. BTW , I am not going on the 23, I will be on a training at US. So if you need tires or anything else, call me before the 22th.

About the conrod I'll let you know. I will personally test them at Kissimmee, if you need one on a hurry, I still have regular ones.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:30 AM   #614
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yeap:

It was raining all the way, we also verified at barceloneta, but it was close to 1" of water at the track. BTW , I am not going on the 23, I will be on a training at US. So if you need tires or anything else, call me before the 22th.

About the conrod I'll let you know. I will personally test them at Kissimmee, if you need one on a hurry, I still have regular ones.
I'll just use a spare conrod I have until you recieve the new ones. Good luck out there on Kissimmee.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:46 AM   #615
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to Lassis

mtx-3 with engine mega zx12? it is good?
I bought one zx12 race but I do not know if it is good...
- Champion World Series 1:10 Sedan 2008 and 2009
- Champion Winternats and Spring Series 2008 1:10 Sedan
- World Champion 1:10 Sedan 2007 and Winter Series 2007 1:10
Lassis is offline   Reply With Quote