R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-27-2005, 02:21 PM   #586
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Cutting off on throttle

Im having an issue with my mega ZX12. very often after i go throug the technical part of the track and head for the long straight the motor cuts off halfway down the long straight. Often i hear a "pop" like a backfire. It is fine on the other parts of the track however but it acts up when i have it wide open on this back straight. Any suggestions?
Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:12 PM   #587
Tech Addict

Default gaskets

what the part#of the gasket between the header and pipe
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 01:31 AM   #588
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx
Im having an issue with my mega ZX12. very often after i go throug the technical part of the track and head for the long straight the motor cuts off halfway down the long straight. Often i hear a "pop" like a backfire. It is fine on the other parts of the track however but it acts up when i have it wide open on this back straight. Any suggestions?
richen it up a smidge on top end and try, only a small amount like 1/12th turn and see what happens - almost sounds how i would describe how my zx12 behaves when its a smidge too lean on top end.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:10 PM   #589
Tech Adept

Thanks, ill give it a shot this weekend.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:40 PM   #590
Tech Adept

Quote:
change your plug, and that will cure youre problem,, I have the same problem with a Mega Picco plug,, thats what I switch to Dynamite medium, and problem gone
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 05:48 PM   #591
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed_1
Anyone know if OS plugs work well with the ZX12?...Where I live it's kinda difficult to get hold of the MEGA plugs.
Don't even try it, this plug will not sit properly
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:58 PM   #592
Tech Adept

Quote:
Could it be the plug?

I experienced this same symptom a month ago until I realize that I was still using the same plug from breaking in the motor. Changed the plug and the problem was fixed.

I get my gear from shop.the-border.nl. (There's a plug for you Michel)
ElectricConvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:04 AM   #593
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfitipauldi
Don't even try it, this plug will not sit properly
I learned the hard way...blew three plugs(OS) within 1 tank...
crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:39 PM   #594
Tech Adept

Thanks for that advice all.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:55 PM   #595
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
The new conrods are available for... 1 month?....

so if it's older you have the previous version......

HI!

I am a serpent Dealer, and as far we know mega picco engines in US still have the original conrods. I just received an order of conrods last friday and they still the old ones. Serpent_USA haven't notified us about if there any new conrod available.
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:59 PM   #596
Tech Regular

Quote:
Mega Picco engines like to run a little rich in top speed. It sounds that you are running a little lean, also the back fire could be hot plug. What plug are yuo using?
Old 10-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #597
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Anyone know the bearing sizes for the Mega Picco ZX-12? Or where I can obtain Ceramic Ball Bearings for it?
Riketsu:

I have the inner ball bearing available, call me you know where!!
Old 10-07-2005, 08:05 PM   #598
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
doesnt appear to be, pulled the rest of it all apart last night. everything appears to be in order... and if the rod didnt swing around and smash the skirt on bottom of the piston i would only need another rod...

pitty as motor still had abit of compression, not that it ever had the 'nip' at the top of a nova motor even when brand new out of the box.

now i need a new p/l & rod set, cranks fine bearings are all fine and shrapnell now removed.
Dinamite:

You were very lucky to run that much on your engine. Mostly I change my engine's conrod, every 2 hours of racing. I normally see a X.X3 increase in gap after that time. If you still looking for the P/S and Conrod, we have them available, just contact us for info at [email protected]
Old 10-07-2005, 08:47 PM   #599
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
HI!

I am a serpent Dealer, and as far we know mega picco engines in US still have the original conrods. I just received an order of conrods last friday and they still the old ones. Serpent_USA haven't notified us about if there any new conrod available.
There are new conrods available for Mega/picco motors, much stronger and last at list 5-6 gallons of fuel. Palmaris Racing offering them.
Check www.palmarisracing.com
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:06 PM   #600
Tech Regular

Thanks

I just sent them an email asking for more info, becuase it doesn't show retail price or dealer info.