R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-10-2005, 10:09 AM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Where can a person purchase these engines in the U.S. beside through serpents website? Lastly, what plugs must be used then if Nova turbo pluge will not work? Thanks

Regards
rc_king1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:01 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sunny Fl.
This past weekend we had several new mega 21's running in our state race. Two of the motors were in the A main ( 4 mains of 1/8 scale ) I ran nose to tail with one of those 2 for a few laps. (I'm running a evo 5 MS ) And the one place I did see true power was on the Straights. He would pull a good 2 cars away every time we hit the straights. After the race I asked what gears he was running ( same Car 950-R ) Both of us were running the same gear . And this is a motor he broke in a week before the race ( Box stock ) no cutting by anyone or even reshimming . And I know the guy well. He is no secret Sally ( liar ) .
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #33
Tech Rookie

Exclamation .12 will be available next wednesday (19th)

We have the .21 engines available (in-stock) at RCX Hobbies.com.
We also have the Off Road .21 engines.

We will have the .12 engines available wednesday of next week (Jan 19th).

Please keep checking www.rcxhobbies.com for more information, including prices.
dvelazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:41 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by 1FastSerpent
Sunny Fl.
This past weekend we had several new mega 21's running in our state race. Two of the motors were in the A main ( 4 mains of 1/8 scale ) I ran nose to tail with one of those 2 for a few laps. (I'm running a evo 5 MS ) And the one place I did see true power was on the Straights. He would pull a good 2 cars away every time we hit the straights. After the race I asked what gears he was running ( same Car 950-R ) Both of us were running the same gear . And this is a motor he broke in a week before the race ( Box stock ) no cutting by anyone or even reshimming . And I know the guy well. He is no secret Sally ( liar ) .
Hi Mark,

Are you going to be at the Winternats again this year?
Old 01-10-2005, 03:45 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally posted by Potje

Do take note there will be NO MS version available.

The .12 engines are expected to ship the first week of February as for the sport version of most of the engines.

Regards,
Maarten
I am glad you mentioned that.....Serpent SHOP has listed MS version for the 12 and 21 and I have ppl keep calling me and asked for the MS version when I am keep telling them there is NO SUCH A THING CALLED MS or MICHAEL SALVEN eidition for the new MEGA lineup ........YET.

Then Serpent online shop shut down the store and promised to correct that mistake.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

How much are the mega plugs.And what is different about the manifold.
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:08 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

When you guys mentioning MEGA plugs....is that the PICCO MEGA plugs designed just for the new MEGAS or the old NovaMEGA plugs....? Just wondering cause I have never seen the MEGA (Picco Mega) plugs yet............
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:43 AM   #38
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by romuald31
Hello from France,

Maarten: are you working for Serpent Bv?

So if yes, you will be able to answer...

http://www.mytsn.com/forums/forum.as...6677&sm=0&fi=1

Thx
Yes I do......

Did it satisfy your question?

Regards,
Maarten
Potje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:49 AM   #39
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_king1
Where can a person purchase these engines in the U.S. beside through serpents website? Lastly, what plugs must be used then if Nova turbo pluge will not work? Thanks

Regards
Regarding the availability of the Mega engines. Please contact Serpent USA as I don't have a distribution list. [email protected]. They should be able to help you out.

Obviously you can use the Mega plugs but if not on hand, Picco plugs are the same.

Regards,
Maarten
Old 01-11-2005, 01:52 AM   #40
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Obviously you can use the Mega plugs but if not on hand, Picco plugs are the same.
So these Mega plugs are different from the NovaMega / RB / Novarossi plugs?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:53 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100

Quote:
Regarding the availability of the Mega engines. Please contact Serpent USA as I don't have a distribution list. [email protected]. They should be able to help you out.

Regards,
Maarten
i found the mega plus is more expenisve than the Picco plug as long as they are the same.

thxs
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:00 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
So these Mega plugs are different from the NovaMega / RB / Novarossi plugs?
D, you are correct that the new mega plug is different to Novamega/rb/ novarossi plug.
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:03 AM   #43
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I am glad you mentioned that.....Serpent SHOP has listed MS version for the 12 and 21 and I have ppl keep calling me and asked for the MS version when I am keep telling them there is NO SUCH A THING CALLED MS or MICHAEL SALVEN eidition for the new MEGA lineup ........YET.

Then Serpent online shop shut down the store and promised to correct that mistake.
Sorry about the inconvenience caused. At first we had the intention to name the Race version MS or something similar (like we use to do with the Nova based engines)
"MS" was on the price list so most of the distributors published this on their website. Things got even more mixed up as Michael had written MS on his cooling head at the WC in Brazil. This was a prototype engine/cooling head though.....

As I mentioned, for the moment, there will be no MS version available.

Regards,
Maarten
Old 01-11-2005, 02:26 AM   #44
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
When you guys mentioning MEGA plugs....is that the PICCO MEGA plugs designed just for the new MEGAS or the old NovaMEGA plugs....? Just wondering cause I have never seen the MEGA (Picco Mega) plugs yet............
Mega plug are made by Picco so they are similar if not the same.

You only can recognize Mega plug once they are in the package. When unpacked, there is no special icon or marking on the plug which tells you that it is a Mega plug.
Sadly, it is not possible to add some kind of icon to the plugs due to the manufacturing process.

Regards,
Maarten
Old 01-11-2005, 02:28 AM   #45
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Sadly, it is not possible to add some kind of icon to the plugs due to the manufacturing process.
Perhaps Serpent should start making orange plugs !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote