R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 05-02-2005, 01:04 PM   #421
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by dj apolaro
Remember all feedback is good, that is how we learn and get ideas. But, as a racer to call out a person or product should not be done in public. In the winternats you did nothing but talk up the new serpent products you were using, until you had a bad race. Then the product was bad. You say Art and Paolo helped you are they couldn't figure it out. Remember they did not go through your car and solve the problem, but were just helping you trackside. They did not test any of the things that contribute to engine problems ie lines, exhaust, carb, filter, plugs, They were just trying to lend a helpful hand, just like to rest of use, that seem "not to do right by you". I will not make any other responces to this topic, but think it is a shame that this forum has gotten to this. Hope that you find the magic solutions to what seems to be a common problem for you, as your novarossi based engine this weekend did not seem to make you happy either.

Best regards
also, dj, paolo did change the lines, cleaned the carb, changed the filter, changed the plug. so, i understand your side of this since you drive for serpent, but please lets keep this forum truthful.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:12 PM   #422
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Dj.
Sorry I couldn't make it to the Regions race. Congrates to your TQ. Win. I was hoping to dice it up with you like in Naples.

I have had nothing but great news to say about the New Mega 12. I did make a run to see how long it would take to break a con rod. I made 3 hours of run time. So .. That is some info for anyone who has been wondering about the rods. I would still change them as they say ( 1 hour run time ) . These motors make incredible power and will turn ANY rpm you want them too. That can be a problem. If you don't controll your rpm, you will snap a rod in a hurry.

Those of you having temp problems should take the time and reseal your carb. I know I know. ( you souldn't have too. ) But this might be the reason I haven't had a problem . I always seal my carbs the day I get them.

JOemugen,
I don't know who you are , But in Miami. I will be more then happy to help you tune your motor ( if you reseal your carb ). Just look me up. ( MARK HARRISON ).

See you Fl. Folk in a few weeks.
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:25 PM   #423
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Mark how do you re-seal your carb?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #424
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by 1FastSerpent
Hey Dj.
Sorry I couldn't make it to the Regions race. Congrates to your TQ. Win. I was hoping to dice it up with you like in Naples.

I have had nothing but great news to say about the New Mega 12. I did make a run to see how long it would take to break a con rod. I made 3 hours of run time. So .. That is some info for anyone who has been wondering about the rods. I would still change them as they say ( 1 hour run time ) . These motors make incredible power and will turn ANY rpm you want them too. That can be a problem. If you don't controll your rpm, you will snap a rod in a hurry.

Those of you having temp problems should take the time and reseal your carb. I know I know. ( you souldn't have too. ) But this might be the reason I haven't had a problem . I always seal my carbs the day I get them.

JOemugen,
I don't know who you are , But in Miami. I will be more then happy to help you tune your motor ( if you reseal your carb ). Just look me up. ( MARK HARRISON ).

See you Fl. Folk in a few weeks.
mark,
thank you for your offer. if i can get that problem fixed, i will run the megas instead of the novarossi. i have said in previous post that i can deal with the conrod issue. i do not mind replacing the conrod, since the power of these megas are so strong. hopefully i can meet you at a race and you could show me exactly how you seal the carb. thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #425
Tech Elite

Hey Mark

Yeah, wish you could have been there, it was pretty good. For a second, I thought you showed up, but there was a new guy there with your paint job, actually he was a kid, Maybe 13 or so. I will be at the miami track on sunday but not on sat. see you then.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:57 PM   #426
Tech Regular

You should be able to get a true CARB. Sealant From your local hobby shop.
I use Permatex grey Thread sealant ..(((( NOT THREAD LOCK ))).
Then I just take the fuel nipple screw loose apply some on the threads , then on top & bottom of the fuel nipple. The the High end needle out ( count your turns ) Apply some on the threads & seal. Same for the low end needle. Then as you incert the carb into the block. Use a thin coat around the base of the carb where it touches the block when it is totaly down.Apply it first then push down. . .
Try to be careful not to apply too much around the neck base of the carb. and the needle areas. You don't want this stuff to get sucked up into the carb. So do yourself a favor and take your time.

Try to find the true RC carb sealant. I would hate for you to get the wrong thing.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:06 PM   #427
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
You should be able to get a true CARB. Sealant From your local hobby shop.
I use Permatex grey Thread sealant ..(((( NOT THREAD LOCK ))).
Then I just take the fuel nipple screw loose apply some on the threads , then on top & bottom of the fuel nipple. The the High end needle out ( count your turns ) Apply some on the threads & seal. Same for the low end needle. Then as you incert the carb into the block. Use a thin coat around the base of the carb where it touches the block when it is totaly down.Apply it first then push down. . .
Try to be careful not to apply too much around the neck base of the carb. and the needle areas. You don't want this stuff to get sucked up into the carb. So do yourself a favor and take your time.

Try to find the true RC carb sealant. I would hate for you to get the wrong thing.
mark,
thanks for your advice. after doing this, you never had any problems with your engine leaning out on you? also, what is the fuel nipple screw?
Old 05-02-2005, 03:54 PM   #428
Tech Regular

I never even ran my zx 12 untill I did this. I did this to both of my zx 12's . And I have had no problems. My last main I ran I had a little trouble but I told my pit man to richin it ( and it was a little too much )

The fuel nipple Screw ( is high end needle housing.) looking at it you will see that it is a small nut head.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:09 PM   #429
Tech Adept

Default STATS

Hi does anyone have any stats on the new zx12
like........

BHP
RPM
BORE SIZE

Many thanks
Nick Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:24 PM   #430
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I never even ran my zx 12 untill I did this. I did this to both of my zx 12's . And I have had no problems. My last main I ran I had a little trouble but I told my pit man to richin it ( and it was a little too much )

The fuel nipple Screw ( is high end needle housing.) looking at it you will see that it is a small nut head.
thanks a lot mark. i appreciate the help.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #431
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Mark how do you re-seal your carb?

Cheers, Mark.
Mark, if you come across Daniz24, you could ask him also.. his JP also being re-seal.. ..but dont ask me why because I overheated it last time..
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:28 PM   #432
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Mark, if you come across Daniz24, you could ask him also.. his JP also being re-seal.. ..but dont ask me why because I overheated it last time..
Old 05-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #433
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Mark has helped me out too, he is a true motor tuning guru. I've ran my engine hot too, but it never hurt it.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:11 PM   #434
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rcfoolz
Mark has helped me out too, he is a true motor tuning guru. I've ran my engine hot too, but it never hurt it.
Hope you mean the other Mark
Old 05-06-2005, 02:46 AM   #435
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I won, as a door prize, a bottle of "Racer's Edge... Air-Seal"... I was looking earlier, they have an ad on the front page, but I did't see it... This is good stuff, but remember, this stuff, like Ca (glue), less is more.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote