R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 04-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #346
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by gonzoY5
WHy you always gotta be so negative about everything JoeMugen? Haven't you ever heard of the glass being half FULL?
eric, its not being negative, it's being truthful. i do not make any negative comments about things that work good, like me rrr, novarossi engines, etc. so there!!!!
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #347
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by joemugen
eric, its not being negative, it's being truthful. i do not make any negative comments about things that work good, like me rrr, novarossi engines, etc. so there!!!!
I don't know... i could have sworn i heard you cursing that RRRRRRR this weekend
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:58 PM   #348
Tech Fanatic

maybe cursing because i did not have it ready to race yet
Old 04-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #349
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
also, i do not like it when people give me sarcastic answers (not you) !!! (refering to previous help from someone else... no names needed)
Old 04-22-2005, 12:09 PM   #350
Tech Apprentice

hey, if i use picco carb (with little mod) on my mega engine, will it be still roar legal?
sweet wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #351
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by sweet wasabi
hey, if i use picco carb (with little mod) on my mega engine, will it be still roar legal?
i know the opening of the carb can only be open a certain amount. i think it is 5.4mm
Old 04-22-2005, 08:25 PM   #352
Tech Addict

Did anybody have any joy in fixing the airleak with the .12 i have already done a piston and sleeve need to fix it quick smart!
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:10 PM   #353
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett.w
Did anybody have any joy in fixing the airleak with the .12 i have already done a piston and sleeve need to fix it quick smart!
what do you mean by you have done a piston and sleeve need to fix it quick smart?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:57 PM   #354
Tech Addict

Quote:
what do you mean by you have done a piston and sleeve need to fix it quick smart?
During a final 20min i was in second place when the engine was not running properly (i should have pulled off and saved the engine) after dissusion on this thread i found the problem was an air leak round the carb hence engine obviously ran lean so i need a new piston and liner after the damage i did. Please do not think i am blaming mega engines for the dimise of my engine, i should have pulled out of the final as soon as my engine was not right, but i didnt so it my fault i just wanted to know if anybody had fixed the problem
Old 04-22-2005, 10:17 PM   #355
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
During a final 20min i was in second place when the engine was not running properly (i should have pulled off and saved the engine) after dissusion on this thread i found the problem was an air leak round the carb hence engine obviously ran lean so i need a new piston and liner after the damage i did. Please do not think i am blaming mega engines for the dimise of my engine, i should have pulled out of the final as soon as my engine was not right, but i didnt so it my fault i just wanted to know if anybody had fixed the problem
oh gotcha... are you positive that the piston and liner are no good... if you believe it is bad because the compression feels low, they all feel low--- even when they are good, because the compression is only at the very top of the sleeve. i wouldnt replace the piston and sleeve just yet. fix the air leak and see how it works. my engine did the same thing. actually paolo helped me with the engine for a lot of time at the track. we were not able to fix the problem on my engine.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:03 AM   #356
Tech Addict

Quote:
oh gotcha... are you positive that the piston and liner are no good... if you believe it is bad because the compression feels low, they all feel low--- even when they are good, because the compression is only at the very top of the sleeve. i wouldnt replace the piston and sleeve just yet. fix the air leak and see how it works. my engine did the same thing. actually paolo helped me with the engine for a lot of time at the track. we were not able to fix the problem on my engine.
Top of the piston is like rough sandpaper but i dont know how to fix the air leak!
Old 04-23-2005, 12:43 AM   #357
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Top of the piston is like rough sandpaper but i dont know how to fix the air leak!
Hey Brett, sorry to hear of your problems... Have you read the Paolo's reply to your problem and suggestions on how to fix the leak?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:47 AM   #358
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Hey Brett, sorry to hear of your problems... Have you read the Paolo's reply to your problem and suggestions on how to fix the leak?
Your a legend! do you know of anyway to check if the airleak is at that point? P.S even though its bad news a new piston and liner is only $53 at rc-mushroom compared to a max at $190!!!
Old 04-23-2005, 02:53 PM   #359
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Try "Air Seal" made by Racer's Edge...or one of the Permatex products, their stuff looks like thinned Permatex stuff.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #360
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Your a legend! do you know of anyway to check if the airleak is at that point? P.S even though its bad news a new piston and liner is only $53 at rc-mushroom compared to a max at $190!!!
Somebody at 3hobby mentioned that you could check leaks by spraying WD40 or something else on the carb and see if the engine idle changes... If that's the case, you have a leak.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote