R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-03-2005, 09:26 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
Also keep on the lookout for an OFNA version of the motor later in the spring... I saw one of there Team drivers racing/Testing one at our Toys for Tots race during the Christmas holidays... Cost might be lower then what is being offered by Serpent... That being said, Serpent USA is releasing the motor now Which great and OFNA later which is not...

RC_Alan
RC_Alan, are you sure you did not mistake the OFNA team drivers not using the real new MEGA engine instead? Paul Coleman was spotted using the same new MEGA engine that the Serpent team drivers were using during the WC in Sao Paolo. Just curious...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 05:40 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Or.. OFNA gonna do the "Sport" version while Serpent USA do the "Race" version

Sound strange if OFNA do their own production model of MEGA (similar to L.Collari do the Sirio?)
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:17 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Also keep on the lookout for an OFNA version of the motor later in the spring... I saw one of there Team drivers racing/Testing one at our Toys for Tots race during the Christmas holidays... Cost might be lower then what is being offered by Serpent... That being said, Serpent USA is releasing the motor now Which great and OFNA later which is not...

RC_Alan
Hey Alan.
I am not sure about which team driver are you talking about, but one of the team driver was testing my BRB P/S set for PICCO based engines in that T4T race. That was engine with gold head.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #19
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hey Alan.
I am not sure about which team driver are you talking about, but one of the team driver was testing my BRB P/S set for PICCO based engines in that T4T race. That was engine with gold head.
Edward
Ed, you have BRB set for Picco based engines already?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ed, you have BRB set for Picco based engines already?
Hi D.
Yep, have made some of them. So far is very good, but not full testing was done. There are 2 versions of it-one is totaly classified and other is in testing process now. May be Chris will be able to test in Thailand on Serpent cup.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:41 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hi D.
Yep, have made some of them. So far is very good, but not full testing was done. There are 2 versions of it-one is totaly classified and other is in testing process now. May be Chris will be able to test in Thailand on Serpent cup.
Edward
Let see if I can get a spare engine from MS
If not, I will do it by force
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:23 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

InitialD and Top Gun... The driver I saw from OFNA was not Paul Colman and the head of motor he was running was Blue... He was running 16% nitro in it as well... When I asked him what motor he was running, he said it's the OFNA'S version of the new Serpent motor that they are testing and should be out sometime in 05... I think he TQ'd with the motor even though Leo aka BoCal here on the R/C Tech threads had a better TQ time running the Mongoose /G4... That's a another thread... Anyways, he was running a Picco motor with 16% nitro fuel and the motor was balistic!!! TOP Gun... Are you going to make a piston and sleeve for the Sirio EVO II/ LC Sirio motor??? If so... Let me know... Thanks. Sorry about that guys.. I know this a Mega Picco thread... Nice motor as well and I hope to see it here in SoCal soon

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
InitialD and Top Gun... The driver I saw from OFNA was not Paul Colman and the head of motor he was running was Blue... He was running 16% nitro in it as well... When I asked him what motor he was running, he said it's the OFNA'S version of the new Serpent motor that they are testing and should be out sometime in 05... I think he TQ'd with the motor even though Leo aka BoCal here on the R/C Tech threads had a better TQ time running the Mongoose /G4... That's a another thread... Anyways, he was running a Picco motor with 16% nitro fuel and the motor was balistic!!! TOP Gun... Are you going to make a piston and sleeve for the Sirio EVO II/ LC Sirio motor??? If so... Let me know... Thanks. Sorry about that guys.. I know this a Mega Picco thread... Nice motor as well and I hope to see it here in SoCal soon

RC_Alan
I didn't see that ballistic motor you talking about, there was only two motors realy fast-Pepe Velez in main and Leo Verducio. The rest of them was just the same power-not low, realy high, but not close to Pepe and Leo.
I am not thinking to make sets for Sirio yet-not popular engine so far, but if people will buy Sirio-I will make sets for it-no problem.
Edward
Old 01-07-2005, 02:26 AM   #24
Tech Rookie

i got one the new mega , only can said cheap .
but i will not buy this again.
this engine just similar my O.S engine , cannot compete with max, sirio . old mega or RB , all try before .

this 21 class engine goods for beginner..
police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100

Quote:
Originally posted by police
this engine just similar my O.S engine , cannot compete with max, sirio . old mega or RB , all try before .

Police, you are the only one I heard the bad thing of ZX21. The two new Maga i saw here were pretty strong and very fast out of the corner. I wonder if you were using the mega glow plug and mainfold set ? the new mega motor should go with the mega glow plug for best achievement...............
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:44 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Somebody mentioned to me that you have to change the conrods in the Mega engine's after one hour of run time? Is this true. They seemed to think that the conrods were the weak point in the new Mega engines.

Has anybody had time to hammer one of these engines yet or are they a bit too new?

Thanks in advance

Kevin
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:53 AM   #27
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by ttso
Or.. OFNA gonna do the "Sport" version while Serpent USA do the "Race" version

Sound strange if OFNA do their own production model of MEGA (similar to L.Collari do the Sirio?)
Serpent will do both the Sport as the Race version.

This is the complete list of engines which will be available.

MEGA ZX12 ENGINES
201000 MEGA ZX12 LEGAL SPORT
201001 MEGA ZX12 LEGAL RACE
201003 MEGA ZX12 OUTLAW RACE
201004 MEGA POWERPACK ZX12 SPORT
201005 MEGA POWERPACK ZX12 RACE
201006 MEGA POWERPACK ZX12 RACE OUTLAW

MEGA ZX15 SMALL BLOCK
201200 MEGA ZX15 SMALL BLOCK

MEGA ZX21 ENGINES SMALL BLOCK
201300 MEGA ZX21 SB SPORTS (TMAXX)
201301 MEGA ZX21 SB SPORTS PULL-START

MEGA ZX21 OFF-ROAD
201400 MEGA ZX21 OFFROAD SPORT
201401 MEGA ZX21 OFFROAD SPORT PULLSTART
201402 MEGA ZX21 OFFROAD RACE
201403 MEGA POWERPACK ZX21 OFR SPORT
201404 MEGA POWERPACK ZX21 OFR RACE

MEGA ZX21 ON-ROAD
201500 MEGA ZX21 SPORTS
201501 MEGA ZX21 RACE
201502 MEGA POWERPACK ZX21 SPORTS
201503 MEGA POWERPACK ZX21 RACE
201504 MEGA POWERPACK ZX21 RACE OUTLAW

MEGA ZX26 ENGINE (MONSTER-TRUCKS)
201600 MEGA ZX26 ENGINE SPORT
201601 MEGA ZX26 ENGINE SPORT PULLSTART

Do take note there will be NO MS version available.

The .12 engines are expected to ship the first week of February as for the sport version of most of the engines.

Regards,
Maarten
Potje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:02 AM   #28
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by police

And you base this on.....? You are aware that Novarossi based glow plugs can NOT be used in the MEGA engines?
The funny thing is that these engines where tested and where 0.2 second faster a lap than the fastest Nova based engines that was available during the test (and this where very fast engines)

Regards,
Maarten
Old 01-08-2005, 08:17 AM   #29
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

Somebody mentioned to me that you have to change the conrods in the Mega engine's after one hour of run time? Is this true. They seemed to think that the conrods were the weak point in the new Mega engines.

Has anybody had time to hammer one of these engines yet or are they a bit too new?

Thanks in advance

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

It is always a good idea to change the conrod after breaking in the engine. You can use this conrod 2 or 3 times when you break in your new engines. These engines have so much compression during break in (after breaking in it is just right) that the force applied is tremendous. Therefore, to be save, always change your conrod after breaking in.

Regards,
Maarten
Old 01-10-2005, 05:22 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

Maarten: are you working for Serpent Bv?

So if yes, you will be able to answer...

http://www.mytsn.com/forums/forum.as...6677&sm=0&fi=1

Thx
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote