R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-14-2005, 03:13 AM   #196
Tech Addict

Default ah protosha

mate you need to bet it to the track and run against my monsters
have heard rumours about the engines just cant wait too see what they go like at moorebank at easter hey
Harris rc batteries
lrp motors,speed passion motors
lrp speedy
AE FT TC5
titanium racing options
aussie racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:26 AM   #197
Tech Master

Ziggy.. if you want to run more than 11% oil, go with hotter plugs.

Dynamite, do not worry to experience with this engine.. piston and underhead wont detoriate when overheat. Yes, I'm talking 175-190C (exergen no IR tem gun) overcooked.. you wont see any rough surface as ussually been seen on overheated nova based engine. If they are overheated, just open it up, clean them up (with soap if needed), put it all back on and it will still run like new. The carbs system allows fuel to still flowing on overheated situation. Set the low needle a bit rich for consistant performance on longer run
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:28 AM   #198
Tech Master

... ah, forgot to tell you the most important thing. Do not EVER looked at the smoke, TRUST your temp gun. This bad boys really is a heavy smokers
Old 03-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #199
Tech Master

Have you posted it yet Pyramid? I cant wait to try it!

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:05 AM   #200
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Ziggy.. if you want to run more than 11% oil, go with hotter plugs.

Dynamite, do not worry to experience with this engine.. piston and underhead wont detoriate when overheat. Yes, I'm talking 175-190C (exergen no IR tem gun) overcooked.. you wont see any rough surface as ussually been seen on overheated nova based engine. If they are overheated, just open it up, clean them up (with soap if needed), put it all back on and it will still run like new. The carbs system allows fuel to still flowing on overheated situation. Set the low needle a bit rich for consistant performance on longer run
I user Tornado. What oil content is that?

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 03-14-2005, 08:57 PM   #201
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
I user Tornado. What oil content is that?

Cheers
You will be more than fine.. I think the 16% contains 11% if not 10%. Goldfinger will email you shorthly.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #202
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

Thanks pyramid,

richened low 1.5 turns from factory settings and main would be roughly back to factory setting or just slightly richer like 1/12 turn atm. Will need some track time to fine tune it, pitty about working it just always seems to get into the way of good fun lol!

i'll see how it goes on the weekend at our club meeting, has a nice deep herby sound about it just going up and down the driveway motor didnt go over 90'c (degrees 'c) whilst lapping up and down the drive, and sat around mid 60's to low 70'c during the first 5 brake in tanks.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 PM   #203
Tech Adept

Got the 201006 ZX12 outlaw powerpack.After breaking in I'd trouble tuning it with 16% Gammalube fuel. The engine keeps flaming out during half throttle. So I changed the plug to Top's no6 (didn't know about the issue)and switched to 25% fuel. It was still quitting until I found that the problem was a worn out centax clutchshoe.After replacing the shoe the enqine was like a rocket on the low end.So I stick to this plug and fuel.Ran all through 5 heats and a 35 min finals with no problem.And idle was perfect.Only a broken arm prevented me from winning with 3 mins to go and was 3 laps ahead.Now did I do damage to this engine using Top's plug??
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:19 PM   #204
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

I dont think you would hurt the engine by using a top plug, but you might loose a little compression...

I measured the bottom of the conical of the mega plugs i got with my new engine compared to the nova ones i was using on my sirio. the bottom of the conical on the mega plug was 5.2mm compared to 5mm of the nova plug.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:53 AM   #205
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Dynamite
I dont think you would hurt the engine by using a top plug, but you might loose a little compression...

I measured the bottom of the conical of the mega plugs i got with my new engine compared to the nova ones i was using on my sirio. the bottom of the conical on the mega plug was 5.2mm compared to 5mm of the nova plug.
Ok. Can't bear the thought of spoiling the engine cos this is one hell of an engine.For me at least.
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:48 AM   #206
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speedy100,
I was talking about the 12 not the 21. I run both cars. the 12 has been a very good motor. This motor makes good power all the way around. I ran a 30 min main this past weekend with 30% and I had no problems at all. Nice 210 Degrees And moving like a bullet. I did notice you have to use a stiffer clutch spring with it . The standard 710 spring is too weak. it coil binds before you get a proper adjustment. I used the 950R spring and it really made it come alive on the bottom.
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:45 AM   #207
Tech Master

Hey Dynamite. Is that bthe Tamworth in the UK? I ,live near there and there is no RC club there.
Australia maybe?

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 03-15-2005, 07:33 AM   #208
Tech Fanatic

sorry to say this but yesterday the conrod on my zx12 race just broke on the top, i was running in according to the manual and on the 4 tank, bang. will have to send it back to atomic hobbies to see if the warranty covers it. know I know that besides the crankshaft on the 21´s there´ll be an issue on the conrods of the 12. let me get back my digital to post a pic later.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:46 PM   #209
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Seisick
sorry to say this but yesterday the conrod on my zx12 race just broke on the top, i was running in according to the manual and on the 4 tank, bang. will have to send it back to atomic hobbies to see if the warranty covers it. know I know that besides the crankshaft on the 21´s there´ll be an issue on the conrods of the 12. let me get back my digital to post a pic later.
OOOPSS!! man, you must be doing something wrong, because you also broke conrods and cranks on the Sirio engines....What fuel are you using??? what oil % does it have, and what temps are you running these engines.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:39 PM   #210
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I've been waiting on mine to blow, it's been running great, pulls HARD, revs like there's no tomorrow.

Another race weekend under its belt, and still running great. I wonder if the mods Murnan did are keeping it together? What is the problem with the cranks?

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote