R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-07-2005, 10:16 AM   #181
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks guys. I will look in to all of the suggestions.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:32 PM   #182
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I have to tell you guys about MY ZX21 R. I purchased it at the beginning of Feb. from Fast & Furious at the WinterNats warm up race, the engine came with pipe 203014, brought it home and handed it over to my friend Uriah Murnan, for modification. Uriah did a basic mod to the crank and sleeve, I wanted the engine to be powerful, yet still be reliable. I broke it in following Paulo Morganti's recomendations, on the 4th tank I started running it on track rich for 2 more tanks and then started leaning it out.
I've run about 3/4's gallon through it since getting it tuned, and this is one screaming Mutha ! Yesterday, 3 drivers, that were all running JP's came over to my table to see what was powering the MRx3 that blew them off down the backstraight (and everywhere else on the track).
I keep reading this thread and waiting (and worrying) for the crank to go, POP! So far, so good....

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:43 PM   #183
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5
I have to tell you guys about MY ZX21 R. I purchased it at the beginning of Feb. from Fast & Furious at the WinterNats warm up race, the engine came with pipe 203014, brought it home and handed it over to my friend Uriah Murnan, for modification. Uriah did a basic mod to the crank and sleeve, I wanted the engine to be powerful, yet still be reliable. I broke it in following Paulo Morganti's recomendations, on the 4th tank I started running it on track rich for 2 more tanks and then started leaning it out.
I've run about 3/4's gallon through it since getting it tuned, and this is one screaming Mutha ! Yesterday, 3 drivers, that were all running JP's came over to my table to see what was powering the MRx3 that blew them off down the backstraight (and everywhere else on the track).
I keep reading this thread and waiting (and worrying) for the crank to go, POP! So far, so good....
Mr. Chan runs this motor and he said there is no difference to the JP in the long straight. He said the most important thing is this motor need a right clutch set up than other motors.
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:11 AM   #184
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy100
Mr. Chan runs this motor and he said there is no difference to the JP in the long straight. He said the most important thing is this motor need a right clutch set up than other motors.
Don't know if he ran the ZX21 using the recommended pipe...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:26 AM   #185
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I did have to play with, and change my clutch, and gearing.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:42 AM   #186
Tech Fanatic

Anybody tried using 30% on ZX12 using std head shim. It comes with 0.5mm
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:55 AM   #187
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have . running 30% with 6 % caster & 4 % synth. I have not ran it any hotter then 210. & I have had no problems. ( detination ) makes very good power. running a mega 7 plug.
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:42 AM   #188
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100

Quote:
Originally posted by 1FastSerpent
I have . running 30% with 6 % caster & 4 % synth. I have not ran it any hotter then 210. & I have had no problems. ( detination ) makes very good power. running a mega 7 plug.
are you talking the ZX21 ?
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 03:46 AM   #189
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

just got back in from holidays yesturday and just started the break in process at around 11pm in the garage no neighbours complained tho to my surprise hehe.

does the carby not come with a removable restrictor? like the nova's & sirios etc?
Old 03-12-2005, 04:16 AM   #190
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Dynamite
does the carby not come with a removable restrictor? like the nova's & sirios etc?
Nope, no restrictors here.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:59 AM   #191
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius
Nope, no restrictors here.
Even for the outlaw .12 engines?

So is the Nega carb the same for legal or outlaw? The carb diameter hole also the same for legal and outlaw?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:38 AM   #192
Tech Master

I havent seen any negative feedback on these engine so they are looking good so far.

It was suggested to use a low oil content fuel, less than 11% with this motor. Has anybody heard this?

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #193
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
I havent seen any negative feedback on these engine so they are looking good so far.

It was suggested to use a low oil content fuel, less than 11% with this motor. Has anybody heard this?

Cheers
Just use your normal fuel. We run around 12%. 4 synth 8 castor.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:11 PM   #194
Tech Addict

ok finnished running the engine in, as per the manual cause i dont have a run in bench yet... (put 5 tanks through)

now i'm up to putting around the track which is my driveway... but the problem i am having is after giving it abit the idle increases alot so i counter-clock the low speed as manual says but it makes it worse to the point it revs its bejesus out... what am i doing wrong?? i dont want to destroy the thing before i get to use it cause i need it for the titles here in a few weeks
Old 03-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #195
Tech Addict

to stop the high reving i had to richen the bottom end 1.5 turns and also richen main about 1/12 turn which seems to have stopped the problem - but when i get it to the track to fine tune it up, if i need to lean the main out it will most likely cause it to rev high at idle again how far should i take the bottom end needle out? i dont want it falling out lol