Old 07-18-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Hey Solo your friend is back making some noise again

PICCO POWER !!!!! Moving on
Old 07-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Stefan, I apologize for missing your question, I went back a few pages and did not see a technical question that you might of asked, did you delete it?

I hope that I didn't over look something that you posted earlier and you are upset with us. If you did ask a question and I over looked it, which would be rare, I apologize again.

This is our PICCO / KEVCO Racing thread. This is about PICCO on road engine distributed by KEVCO racing here in the USA. But we will help anybody we can no matter where they have purchased their PICCO on-road engine from around the world.

This thread is used for technical or any question that anyone might have running PICCO engines. We also use our thread for our customers that want to hear about the races and race reports from our PICCO Team drivers and PICCO engine users to keep up on what everyone is doing and if there is any problems. We feel that this is what helps promote our success of our product and keep close to our PICCO users and future users.

We try very hard to stay close to our PICCO family no matter who or where they come from and try to offer the best customer service in the business.

Team KEVCO Racing / PICCO engines has a lot of new customers over the last 6 months and have very loyal customers do to our customer service and help that we offer at ALL major races around the USA and that is what KEVCO Racing / PICCO thrives for..

This is why PICCO on-road engines is the fast growing engine company in the USA if not the WORLD since 2012.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman
Team Manager
Old 07-19-2013, 12:14 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
you got picco sam ?
Not yet Solo, but the mid-life crisis engine buying demon in me wants to try one soon.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HHH
Not yet Solo, but the mid-life crisis engine buying demon in me wants to try one soon.
you know who to look for ya?
Old 07-22-2013, 05:58 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Arahawak
you know who to look for ya?
Why don't you sign up to race 1/10 this Sunday with that Edo Factory Tuned you got on your website?

You know me being an engine-a-holic and all, that I will have to buy/try one if you pass me.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HHH
Why don't you sign up to race 1/10 this Sunday with that Edo Factory Tuned you got on your website?

You know me being an engine-a-holic and all, that I will have to buy/try one if you pass me.
I don't have a 10th now
I did had some fun at the Malaysian race at Kepong with a t-loaned KM HK 1 and the Picco was ballistic!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Arahawak
I don't have a 10th now
I did had some fun at the Malaysian race at Kepong with a t-loaned KM HK 1 and the Picco was ballistic!
yea..that's my engine...
Old 07-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YLLIB
50 MIL PER GALLON. I have tried 60 mil per gallon and I think that is to much.
Hi,

Sorry to bring up a topic that was discussed some time back, but I have a question/problem and hoping for some answers/clarification.

I added only 10mil of klotz to a gallon of my fuel, just to see what the difference (if any) is. I figured that since is only 10ml, it should be negligible. However, I find that the fuel with the added 10ml of klotz benol, the engine now did not rev as freely as before. I had to resort to bigger spur gears to get the engine revs.

However, when I removed button head and backplate, I did notice more 'oil coating' on the engine parts.

Is this (engine no longer free-reving) a side-effect of adding castor (considering its only 10ml to 1 gallon)?

Sam
Old 07-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sammies
Hi,

Sorry to bring up a topic that was discussed some time back, but I have a question/problem and hoping for some answers/clarification.

I added only 10mil of klotz to a gallon of my fuel, just to see what the difference (if any) is. I figured that since is only 10ml, it should be negligible. However, I find that the fuel with the added 10ml of klotz benol, the engine now did not rev as freely as before. I had to resort to bigger spur gears to get the engine revs.

However, when I removed button head and backplate, I did notice more 'oil coating' on the engine parts.

Is this (engine no longer free-reving) a side-effect of adding castor (considering its only 10ml to 1 gallon)?

Sam
I don't think .25% would make any difference at all. I bet it wasn't as free running because of atmospheric conditions, making your motor run alittle richer.

I don't understand why everyone wants to play with their fuel. If you don't think your fuel is protecting your engine properly, switch to a different fuel!

Shawn.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Hello Sammies, yes the motor will run a little richer when adding the oil, but you will be able to lean down the motor harder to get back your rpms; you should not have to change gears at all.

The KLOTZ will not break down until 555 degrees and if it does it is only breaking down 15.7cst which is very minimal from when the oil is fresh and new, so no worries. I hope you don't run your engines upove 555, lol.

You will get more smoke then normal but that is letting you know that is getting lubricant. Don’t get me wrong just because it smokes it does not mean your engine cannot overheat because it will, if it is not tuned correctly.

I see you added 10 mil that is only going to change the percent ½ to ¾ of percent if that, I could be wrong, but I am not a math wizard so I cannot see the change that you’re talking about, but that’s ok the more info racers put out, is how we all learn. We all are going to think and feel different when we test, so I understand your concerns. . 30- 50mil might change to maybe 2 to 3 percent, I will try to figure that out today and get back with you, because I have never figured that out.

Now if your already runny 12 – 16 percent and adding 50 or 60 mil, then yes the oil contents is high and can change things but will not hurt the engine. I only add lubricant when I am racing in high heat and humidity.

But in the other hand you can run the KLOTZ oil as low as 37 degrees.

Hope I hit on some of the question you’re asking and I will try to get back with percentage later today.
Thanks Billy

Last edited by YLLIB; 07-29-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Hello Sammies, here is the info, so it took so long,

if you have 1 gallon of fuel and it has 12% or already mixed from factory and you add castor to your 1 gallon of NEW fuel, this is what you would have total.

adding castor will total, so it is not much percent change..
10 mil - 12.2%
20 mil - 12.5%
30 mil - 12.7%
40 mil - 12.9%
50 mil - 13.1%
60 mil - 13.4%

Billy
Old 08-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Sammies, here is the info, so it took so long,

if you have 1 gallon of fuel and it has 12% or already mixed from factory and you add castor to your 1 gallon of NEW fuel, this is what you would have total.

adding castor will total, so it is not much percent change..
10 mil - 12.2%
20 mil - 12.5%
30 mil - 12.7%
40 mil - 12.9%
50 mil - 13.1%
60 mil - 13.4%

Billy
Wow, that's a boat load of oil for on road fuel.

My fuel contains 8% of Klotz oils (Benol & Techniplate)
Old 08-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Lord

Hello Sammies, yes the motor will run a little richer when adding the oil,
Ehm... more oil will run the engine leaner....
Old 08-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

8% or 9% oil is not enough for us here in the USA, that's been proven from a lot of racers and some factory drivers since after the 2011 worlds....
Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Lord

It depends what oil you are using. the one need less than the other for a same lubrication.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.