R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 AM   #76
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=chicky03;9888347]Or you could spend $389 for a 35plus21 and get Novarossi quality, run the engine de-tuned in qualifying while still turning same lap times as any other engine and open it up for the main and be really fast!

You're referring to pros like yourself, I'm talking about the average racer who's going to slow down when they de-tune that engine.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #77
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,271
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

I do not think the 3:30 fuelstop Flash engines Stefan and I are mentioning are the same as we can buy in the shops. An avarage racer can still run 4:45 up to 5 minutes with a stock flash (I can with a JP modified 35+). The stock flash is a tiny bit higher timed than the 35plus21 so I think the avarage racer can be (for his level) fast enough and making 5 minutes.
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #78
Tech Master
 
chicky03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default

[QUOTE=quietstorm76;9888417]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post

You're referring to pros like yourself, I'm talking about the average racer who's going to slow down when they de-tune that engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
I do not think the 3:30 fuelstop Flash engines Stefan and I are mentioning are the same as we can buy in the shops. An avarage racer can still run 4:45 up to 5 minutes with a stock flash (I can with a JP modified 35+). The stock flash is a tiny bit higher timed than the 35plus21 so I think the avarage racer can be (for his level) fast enough and making 5 minutes.
Actually Roelof is correct! The average racer can run a more wide open engine package and make better fuel mileage. "pros" have to detune more and it makes them go a lot slower than they are really capable of going. I've seen many times where an average racer will go faster with 16% than 25% because their car or driving can't handle the extra power. At this point they get insane fuel mileage.
__________________
Serpent America, Picco, Desoto Racing, Motiv, J Concepts, Nitro Pro fuel, PT RC Racing Oils, TQ Wire(best wire ever!), BSR tires, Arrowmax, Xceed, Sanwa, Amain Hobbies, MIP, Getcustomized, EZ Customs
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #79
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
Or you could spend $389 for a 35plus21 and get Novarossi quality, run the engine de-tuned in qualifying while still turning same lap times as any other engine and open it up for the main and be really fast!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug
I wonder if we would be having this discussion if Novarossi was selling engines with these prices a long time ago. Some competition comes along and now there's a big price drop. (Imo) it's too late, the classes have already suffered too many losses.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #80
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
I do not think the 3:30 fuelstop Flash engines Stefan and I are mentioning are the same as we can buy in the shops. An avarage racer can still run 4:45 up to 5 minutes with a stock flash (I can with a JP modified 35+). The stock flash is a tiny bit higher timed than the 35plus21 so I think the avarage racer can be (for his level) fast enough and making 5 minutes.

are you talking about tuned engines from the factory or something special ones?
__________________
" kyosho rrr wc-team orion crf "
" serpent 966-mega zx21 EM "
" mugen mbx6-picco p7r evo 2 "
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #81
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default Food for Thought

Props for some good posts that I been reading
I would like to get a real answer & not just someone's thought
Plus 35 going for $3+ but 6 months ago the price were in the mid $5's
Flash 21 Tuned great motor the last 1 I purchased was $6 flat
Now the Flash pts tuned is $6 flat great price but last month 1 was purchased for $760 that is when picco came in with a great product & price just IMO
Why does it take the momentum of another brand to bring down prices
I guess if there was no competition we all would be happy paying higher prices to race
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #82
Tech Elite
 
Phil Trotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,452
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Picco engine really good engine. But not in same league as novarossi. If I had to chose between a picco 21 and a plus 35 steel bearing I'd take the latter.

And as for the pts tuned definately you get what your paying for in power and reliabilty. And technology.
__________________
PHIL TROTTA
Phil Trotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #83
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER View Post
Picco engine really good engine. But not in same league as novarossi. If I had to chose between a picco 21 and a plus 35 steel bearing I'd take the latter.

And as for the pts tuned definately you get what your paying for in power and reliabilty. And technology.
What I got was a bad ceramic rear beering in my flash but no way could it be defective it had to be a bad clutch or no it was the fuel we ran at the pre worlds there's goes the reliability & I can imagine other racers that I know that have had the same experience with Nova beerings nothing is perfect but you said it you pay for what you get.
I just like that I am paying less & my dollar is going farther
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #84
Tech Elite
 
Phil Trotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,452
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
What I got was a bad ceramic rear beering in my flash but no way could it be defective it had to be a bad clutch or no it was the fuel we ran at the pre worlds there's goes the reliability & I can imagine other racers that I know that have had the same experience with Nova beerings nothing is perfect but you said it you pay for what you get.
I just like that I am paying less & my dollar is going farther
There were probably 10 or more blown engines at pre world not all novarossi. So reliability there dude. I seen few bad bearings in new picco after low run time could be bad fuel batches or most likely poor tuning.

Kangaroo won nats last year. Novarossi won pe worlds worlds and this years nats. As well as a long list of others. A plus 35 steel bearing motor under 400 bucks is beastly. And new kangaroos are 329 or so. Another solid motor.

Your paying less and getting less. The thing is your the distributors buddy so your really payin less. Lol
__________________
PHIL TROTTA
Phil Trotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #85
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Your paying less and getting less. The thing is your the distributors buddy so your really payin less. Lol[/QUOTE]

Bad example Phil Im also friends with your distributor & with a lot of other distributor so what's your point My cash is just like your's
Friends are friends but bussiness is bussiness don't assume what u don't know
But I understand your sponsored & gonna represent your sponsor which is cool

I guess your still upset with our last conversation over the phone
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #86
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Phil.... remember this thread you started? http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...re-prices.html
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #87
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Products should be sold at what ever prices the market can stand! I'm okay with Novarossi prices, I'm okay with Picco. I run Nova's because that is what I like. Others will run what they want because of their own reasons.
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #88
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
Products should be sold at what ever prices the market can stand! I'm okay with Novarossi prices, I'm okay with Picco. I run Nova's because that is what I like. Other will run what they want because of their own reason.
Free market means just that.....we are free to chose what we buy for our own personal reason. I have chosen IDM / Picco and the race results will speak for them selves.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #89
Tech Elite
 
Phil Trotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,452
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Your paying less and getting less. The thing is your the distributors buddy so your really payin less. Lol
Bad example Phil Im also friends with your distributor & with a lot of other distributor so what's your point My cash is just like your's
Friends are friends but bussiness is bussiness don't assume what u don't know
But I understand your sponsored & gonna represent your sponsor which is cool

I guess your still upset with our last conversation over the phone[/QUOTE]

I was joking I guess bad timing for my humor. Our last convo on the picco you were gonna sell me the price was 40 bucks higher than rc mart if that's what you mean.
__________________
PHIL TROTTA
Phil Trotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #90
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
Phil.... remember this thread you started? http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...re-prices.html
That was before he got a sponsorship just like a politician busted
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:13 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net