M Rossi REDS Racing M7T

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Question answered:

Last edited by Warren Maker; 10-13-2011 at 03:40 AM. Reason: error
Old 11-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Just got one of these last week. After around 1L of really slow run-in (mine is a pre run-in model so i don't think it need a lot of run in here, and the engine is nice and smooth after the first L anyway). So I start to lean the LSN to see what this thing can do.... And Holy cow.... with both the LSN and HSN still on the rich side this thing pulls like a train!!!!!!! Think it have way more low end than my IDM evo 4 and the high end is just a bit more than my PTS. But remember this is a new engine with only 1L through it and running at only 80-90 degree!!!! Think I better lean it a bit more to get it to around 100-110......
Old 11-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
can you post some inside photos from this monster?
http://www.rc-world.gr/reds-racing-m...touring-engine
Old 11-28-2011, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the m7 just has the revised the verion called v1.1, having the LSN shortened. anyone can tell me mor what is it about? and how can we tell what version we are buying? can we tell it from the box or unless we unscrew to tell how many orings it has.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by choisan
the m7 just has the revised the verion called v1.1, having the LSN shortened. anyone can tell me mor what is it about? and how can we tell what version we are buying? can we tell it from the box or unless we unscrew to tell how many orings it has.
You know if there are any other changes other than the LSN?
Old 11-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Just talk to the local dist. He said the internal are same. The only different is the carb (shorter LSN). And the engine mounting area. As I fit mine in a MRX5, have some clearance problem with the belt tensioner and the rear drive pulley. So I need to sand down the engine mounting tap slightly. But v1.1 was done at the factory.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Very good to know. Thx.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If you haven't heard by now, REDS is now available in the USA. We are currently seeking dealers and 2012 team drivers. Including two FULL factory driver positions for on-road. If you are interested, please visit the following links:

Dealers: http://www.reds-racing-usa.com/dealers

Drivers: http://www.reds-racing-usa.com/redsusateam

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Very good to know. Thx.
Ya, good to know as I just pickup an old version last week. If there are lot of different internally I will be pissed. But so far even the engine is not completely ran in yet I am very happy with the performance for this engine. This thing sure have some power.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

where can i get parts for my REDS ZR12 HMMM
Old 12-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was running a new engine and as we where running it in we found it was difficult to tune then i got some help from one of Australias top drivers and he was also having problems.There was another person at the track who also had the same motor so we applied his screw settings and still the car would lean out apon appling full throttle we where about to give up when I suggested we change the carb from the other guys car then the thing was like a missile faulty carb from factory anyone else had simerlar problem.
PS they where both 1.1 engines.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jono1982
I was running a new engine and as we where running it in we found it was difficult to tune then i got some help from one of Australias top drivers and he was also having problems.There was another person at the track who also had the same motor so we applied his screw settings and still the car would lean out apon appling full throttle we where about to give up when I suggested we change the carb from the other guys car then the thing was like a missile faulty carb from factory anyone else had simerlar problem.
PS they where both 1.1 engines.
Hum..... after the first around 2 L fuel my engine kind of stablized and had not touch the carb since.... now had around 5-6 L fuel with mine. Just change the conrod and still have not change the setting.... Maybe it is plug or fuel? what are you running?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

I just started the break in process with my new M7T this past weekend. I am trying to get it finished before the Winter Nats in Florida.

When I received the engine I took it totally apart and looked everything over to insure all internal parts were perfect, no burrs or any rust and etc commonly found in some other world renown engines. I was very impressed with the total engine. It is a nice piece and all of the machinery work is clean and looks perfect. New owners of this engine will be very proud of their purchase.

The external looks of the engine is also impressive. At the track the engine turned a lot of heads and questions about the engine showed great interest by other racers.

The sleeve and crank have obviously been worked on and of course the balance between the two is what makes the engines rpm and powerful on the low and high ends.

The first tank of gas proved the normal results. If you follow engines temps as you break in an engine, you will notice that M7T follows the normal patterns. I just can't wait to get to the part where I can start with the race tune!

The M7T early into the break in with rich setting shows a lot of life!!! So I understand what some of you have mentioned in the comments above. I never owned a Mario Rossi race tuned engine so this should be a fun experience.

For those of you that live in the USA you will see Diatta Collymore (factory Driver) with his Reds Racing Engine M3T at the Florida Winter Nationals. Diatta is also my sponsored driver for GQ Racing Tires. Had to get that plug in!!!

In addition to Diatta, Billy Bowerman will be the factory driver for the .21 M7T Reds Racing Engine. Billy's contract is being completed now as I speak and Billy will be able to show the power of this engine to 1:8th on road drivers at the Winter Nats. Billy will also be using the .12 M3T. Another plug coming. Billy is also another of my sponsored drivers for GQ Racing Tires.

Alex, the importer/distributor for Reds Racing Engines-USA, has been making great gains with the Reds engine in the off road competitive field. As we gain more drivers for the on road I am sure these engines will have some amazing results to report in the near future. GQ America (TMA Marketing) is a new dealer for Reds Racing Engines and I will be happy to help interested racers in trying this new engine for their 2012 racing campaign.

Looking forward to 2012 and hoping the weather will be great in Fort Myers for the Nats.

Have Fun!

Sam Felish
Old 01-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone, I am very excited about 2012 racing season and the opportunity that Alex (owner of REDS Racing Engines) is giving me to use Reds Engine program for 2012.
This is a NEW company and motors built and tuned by Mario Rossi and Family. Alex is going out on a limb with me as a driver that has not won a National Race. Alex and I truly believe that I can help in many other areas to help REDS Racing Engines in REDS Racing program with business, developments and customer service when needed. Our goal is to help make REDS Racing Engines a Power Horse and reliable race engine in the racing world for you racers.

This opportunity will help me personally achieve a higher level of racing. With Alex, REDS Racing, ROSSI family engineers and with Diatta the Factory Team driver, we have a very good staff in place started for 2012. Everyone on the staff is very excited for 2012 and for anybody that going to be running the REDS Racing Engines and products. The Team will be there to help anyone at anytime or at the races we will be attending in 2012..

Fort Myers will be my first time seeing and using the race engines, I am truly excited and ready to go racing and have FUN!!!!!

Thank You

Billy Bowerman
Contact Email: [email protected]

Last edited by YLLIB; 01-13-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Hello everyone, I am very excited about 2012 racing season and the opportunity that Alex (owner of REDS Racing Engines) is giving me use Reds Engine program for 2012.
This is a NEW company and motors built and tuned by Mario Rossi and Family. Alex is going out on a limb with me as a driver that has not won a National Race. Alex and I truly believe that I can help in many other areas to help REDS Racing Engines in REDS Racing program with business, developments and customer service when needed. Our goal is to help make REDS Racing Engines a Power Horse and reliable race engine in the racing world for you racers.

This opportunity will help me personally to higher level of racing. With Alex, REDS Racing, ROSSI family engineers and with Diatta the Factory Team driver, we have a very good staff in place started for 2012. Everyone on the staff is very excited for 2012 and for anybody that going to running the REDS Racing Engines and products. The Team will be there to help anyone at anytime or at the races we will be attending in 2012..

Fort Myers will be my first time seeing and using the race engines, I am truly excited and ready to go racing and have FUN!!!!!

Thank You

Billy Bowerman
Contact Email: [email protected]
Congrats Billy see ya @ the Winternat's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.