R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Hello everyone, I am very excited about 2012 racing season and the opportunity that Alex (owner of REDS Racing Engines) is giving me to use Reds Engine program for 2012.
This is a NEW company and motors built and tuned by Mario Rossi and Family. Alex is going out on a limb with me as a driver that has not won a National Race. Alex and I truly believe that I can help in many other areas to help REDS Racing Engines in REDS Racing program with business, developments and customer service when needed. Our goal is to help make REDS Racing Engines a Power Horse and reliable race engine in the racing world for you racers.

This opportunity will help me personally achieve a higher level of racing. With Alex, REDS Racing, ROSSI family engineers and with Diatta the Factory Team driver, we have a very good staff in place started for 2012. Everyone on the staff is very excited for 2012 and for anybody that going to running the REDS Racing Engines and products. The Team will be there to help anyone at anytime or at the races we will be attending in 2012..

Fort Myers will be my first time seeing and using the race engines, I am truly excited and ready to go racing and have FUN!!!!!

Thank You

Billy Bowerman
Contact Email: [email protected]
keep me posted buddy
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will,
thank you. Billy
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motojon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Hello everyone, I am very excited about 2012 racing season and the opportunity that Alex (owner of REDS Racing Engines) is giving me to use Reds Engine program for 2012.
This is a NEW company and motors built and tuned by Mario Rossi and Family. Alex is going out on a limb with me as a driver that has not won a National Race. Alex and I truly believe that I can help in many other areas to help REDS Racing Engines in REDS Racing program with business, developments and customer service when needed. Our goal is to help make REDS Racing Engines a Power Horse and reliable race engine in the racing world for you racers.

This opportunity will help me personally achieve a higher level of racing. With Alex, REDS Racing, ROSSI family engineers and with Diatta the Factory Team driver, we have a very good staff in place started for 2012. Everyone on the staff is very excited for 2012 and for anybody that going to be running the REDS Racing Engines and products. The Team will be there to help anyone at anytime or at the races we will be attending in 2012..

Fort Myers will be my first time seeing and using the race engines, I am truly excited and ready to go racing and have FUN!!!!!

Thank You

Billy Bowerman
Contact Email: [email protected]
Alright Billy congrats man cant wait for your opinion
Old 01-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I look forward to working with Billy and Diatta for 2012. I will also mention we are just getting up and running with the Team and we have several on-road sponsorship spots available for the 2012 in both 1/8 and 1/10. If you are interested please visit the REDS site for team information.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:28 AM   #35
Tech Master

I hoping when I get back from Florida in 4 weeks I will get RED Racing products in the store guys. I will get more info in the up coming weeks.

Our Nitro racing hopimg to start in about 6 weeks or so, if it doesn't start raining late.

After Winter Nats I will give you guys some info about the engines and if anyone has any questions that's going to the race, just come up and ask at any time.

Billy
Old 01-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #36
Tech Master

I received my REDS HP engines for Fort Myers race. Start breaking them in today or tomorrow. These engines sure have really nice craftsmanship. I can't wait for the race, alot of great competition from the USA and other countries going to the Winter Nats. Also a great run program by the Jim Rice and crew.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #37
Tech Master

sss
Old 01-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #38
Tech Master

double post sorry
Old 02-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #39
Tech Initiate

Default REDS M7T

Just thought I would let you guys know we ran these engines at the recent Vic State Titles for our sponsor, Walters RC who are the Australian importer.

All I can say is what BULLETS. These engines are sick. Easy to run in, easy to tune, and as powerful as anything around. They are different to Novas, they need to be geared slightly different and need to be run cooler as well. I recomend you don't take them over 110deg Celcius. They will take more but you may find signs of detonation as a result. For run in and the first hour or so track time I highly recommend you use an extra .1 shim under the combustion chamber. Use a #7 plug unless you are running in snow, then maybe a #6 would be OK.

The pipes available (2033 & 2069) tune way differently so be prepared to experiment for your track. We had massive clutch troubles until we finally figured out that the clutch nut was unscrewing itself all the time.

These engines are built superbly and when you get the gearing/clutch and pipe combo correct all I can say is "HANG ON".
Warren Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Maker View Post
Just thought I would let you guys know we ran these engines at the recent Vic State Titles for our sponsor, Walters RC who are the Australian importer.

All I can say is what BULLETS. These engines are sick. Easy to run in, easy to tune, and as powerful as anything around. They are different to Novas, they need to be geared slightly different and need to be run cooler as well. I recomend you don't take them over 110deg Celcius. They will take more but you may find signs of detonation as a result. For run in and the first hour or so track time I highly recommend you use an extra .1 shim under the combustion chamber. Use a #7 plug unless you are running in snow, then maybe a #6 would be OK.

The pipes available (2033 & 2069) tune way differently so be prepared to experiment for your track. We had massive clutch troubles until we finally figured out that the clutch nut was unscrewing itself all the time.

These engines are built superbly and when you get the gearing/clutch and pipe combo correct all I can say is "HANG ON".
Which pipe did you end up running mate? 2069?

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #41
Tech Initiate

Default M7T Pipe

Hey Dan, We ran both, The 2069 seems to give more aggressive overall power, especially down low, whilst the 2033 is smoother everywhere, but pulls so hard.

Now we have FINALLY got the clutch sorted we will need to do more testing to confirm the above results. When changing pipes we noticed we had to change the HSN more than a quarter of a turn in.

On one run I had the poor thing at 125Deg Celcius. These engines will just keep giving and giving. Ryan's Serpent was Monoing onto the front strait. Top speed down the back strait was... PHENOMONAL. Ryan had a grin from ear to ear. However it blew a plug after a few minutes and on pulldown I noticed pitting on the top of the piston and Head button. ( Hence my comment not to go past 110 Deg and or run an extra shim) The engine still flies at this temp.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Welcome to the Picco Revolution....lol

Yeah we dont run mine anywhere even near 110deg. Keen to try the 2069 but.

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #43
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4 View Post
Welcome to the Picco Revolution....lol

Yeah we dont run mine anywhere even near 110deg. Keen to try the 2069 but.
Try the following link at Walters RC for the pipes.... http://www.walterrchobby.com.au/inde...-exhausts.html
Old 02-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Default Reds Racing Engines Team Manager

Hi Warren Maker, what a great and exciting post you have written.

I have accepted the role for Alex as USA Team Manager for On Road. To hear these engines are bullets from you made me want to fly to Florida today and get my car on the track!!!!

Having Billy Bowerman and Diatta Collymore on our team will give us great feedback when we go to our first race next week at the Florida Winter Nats. Both men are not only fast but can give excellent information to me and Alex that we can pass along to our new team members.

Warren Maker your feedback and information is really great to hear and I and other Reds racers look forward to hearing more from you about your experiences with the Reds Engines. This will be very helpful.

For USA racers interested in becoming sponsored by Reds Racing Engines please email your racing resume to me at [email protected]

I will mention the sponsorship package is well worth the attention of fast racers that wish to step up their racing program for 2012. Hope to hear from you guys soon!!!
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Is the reds 2069 the same as the picco 2069
rcuniverse feedback: 46+/0-
rctech feedback: 21+/0-
5crossyourlip is offline   Reply With Quote