R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   TecnoPower P01-21 7+3 Port .21 On Road Competition Engine (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/532103-tecnopower-p01-21-7-3-port-21-road-competition-engine.html)

*1speedy 07-12-2011 08:48 PM

TecnoPower P01-21 7+3 Port .21 On Road Competition Engine

Has anyone had any experience with this engine in an Onroad application yet?

TecnoPower P01-21 7+3 Port .21 On Road Competition Engine (Turbo)
[TPM01001-21P]

I have always been a Fan of Rody Roem and am thinking about buying this, any input would be helpfull Thanks;)

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...bg-250x250.png

This is the TecnoPower P01-21 7-Port Competition .21 On Road Engine. The P01-21 is the 1st edition of the TecnoPower "Just Better" competition on road engines, and has been developed with the knowledge gained while earning 3 world championship titles. By combining technology, accumulated experience and intensive on-track testing, TecnoPower has developed an ultra light, powerful and easy to tune engine that will soon be known as one of the better .21 size on-road engines available.

Specifications:
Type: ON-ROAD
Displacement: .21 (3.5cc)
Bore: 16.27mm
Stroke: 16.80mm
Crankshaft: TP05 14mm SG/SPT SILICONE FILLED
Main-Bearing: 14mm HS CERAMIC
Front-Bearing: 7mm HS 1RS
Cylinder: ABC
Ports Intake: 7
Ports Exhaust: 3
Wrist Pin: "IBOND"
Carburetor: Billet Aluminum Slide w/Insulator & 8.5mm venturi
Cooling-Head: 49mm/9 Fin ULTRA LIGHT
Rear-Cover: TecnoDuro
Glow Plug: Turbo (C7)
Weight: 315g

*1speedy 07-14-2011 10:59 PM

WOW

None of the Engine fanatics here on RC Tech have run this onroad engine from Rody Roem?

I would have thought his reputation alone would have got someone to try it by now.

Well if anybody runs it I would love to hear what you think. :nod::tire:

Roelof 07-14-2011 11:16 PM

In the Dutch NOMAC competition there are one or 2 drivers with this engine. I must say it looks very good but it is hard to tell how the engine is because no toplevel driver is driving it.

TommyBlazin 07-16-2011 07:40 AM

whats it based off? and speedy whats the retail on these..appears to be lighter than most as well...not really impressed with internals tho, look at the p/s/r and the crank is really BORING 184.00 but "special" steel ..lol.. for the price id stay w/nova:^)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Sleeve-Rod-Kit

Roelof 07-16-2011 08:01 AM

As with all Tecnopower engines it is GRP based. Most internals are from the same production of GRP but new made and based on new specs/timings Rody has determed. The crankcase should be new production but if you look closer it seems an old one grinded/milled down to a very small and light looking crankcase.
The head is new and it is smaller. Most onroad engines are 50mm, this one is 45mm saving a lot of weight compared with some holes, te funni thing is that it is not lowered as Rody has develloped with the RB engines and it copied by many other brands.

mbyrne 10-04-2011 04:11 PM

Hi,
Iv been using the technopower p01 for the last year, im finding it is a great engine. The quailty of it is next to non and the detail Rody has put into the inside of the casing is top class.
iv been racing for the last 16 years and have been using tunned novarossi's for most of them. The p01 compares to any of them.
The bottom end power is amazing an top end would match most novarossi.
The crank might look abit plan compared to some others but the balance an the way it is timed is what counts!.
The price might seem high for some for a new make engine, but your paying for quailty and the expert skills of Rody Roem. we cant forget what Rody has done for rc-engines and the developments in them over the years.

Tag 02-19-2012 10:14 PM

what glow plugs you guys run with the engine ?

mauimaxx 01-21-2013 08:15 PM

Tecnopower po1 parts???

I may be out dated but thought I give it a shot.

I'm in need for ps for a Tecnopower P01 on road engine. I read that it is GRP based.

Any idea if any parts are available for this motor ???

Any help or suggestions on where to search for it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

GREGORY! 01-22-2013 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by mauimaxx (Post 11710490)
I may be out dated but thought I give it a shot.

I'm in need for ps for a Tecnopower P01 on road engine. I read that it is GRP based.

Any idea if any parts are available for this motor ???

Any help or suggestions on where to search for it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Try rcmodelstore.

mauimaxx 01-22-2013 09:02 AM

Thanks,

I'll google rcmodelstore and see what I can find.

Any other leads is appreciated,

Thanks again.

mauimaxx 02-13-2013 08:47 AM

Tecno Power P/S

Originally Posted by GREGORY! (Post 11711607)
Try rcmodelstore.

Thanks,

I tried that site, no parts. they have a Phantom on road motor FA21f1 that think he claims is grp based, internal specs the same but no parts available only the motor?

Any other hope to find P/S for this Tecno Power engine?????

Thanks.

Imbue 02-22-2013 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by mauimaxx (Post 11810194)
Thanks,

I tried that site, no parts. they have a Phantom on road motor FA21f1 that think he claims is grp based, internal specs the same but no parts available only the motor?

Any other hope to find P/S for this Tecno Power engine?????

Thanks.

iRacing (a distributor) still lists the Ninja MR01 P/S set as in stock. I would find one of their retailers and email them directly (rcmodelstore is an iRacing retailer), or email iRacing directly.
http://www.iracing.it/ninja-accoppia...01-p-6933.html

Your only other option really would be to buy one of the GRP variants, such as the Falcon FA21F1, and use it for parts. FWIW, Radiosistemi does not list any GRP-based Falcon items as instock anymore.