R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   Can My NEW Motor BE SAVED (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/530579-can-my-new-motor-saved.html)

TommyBlazin 07-07-2011 06:01 PM

Can My NEW Motor BE SAVED

I have a NEW JP Eagle (rs, just after break in , i tried to change rod, key works TRY, the wrist-pin, the new and old one, were not coming out without a fight!! So i was able to get a new pin in there and a new g-clip, just didn't have another for the other side, so i contacted Murnan Modified's to see if he can help, he couldn't get the wrist-pin out i put in, and in doing so, destroyed the new pin that i had in place, now the comments i received were that the other side where the clip goes is destroyed, so a clip couldn't go in there, should i just have left the wrist-pin and new rod in place and maybe soaked in oil overnight, as it was only that much tighter than a new writing??? ii am very concerned , because now im being told i have to change the p/s/r?? which i do not want to do, as its BRAND NEW...very frustrated here, any help or advice is appreciated, as spending another 275.00 for a NEW motor is just not what i planned, i was going to race the motor this week instead, it looks like i have ,1150.00 novarossi motor, with bad bearings as well, has anyone heard of both JP eagle bearings going bad after a gallon, they felt fine to me?? i will inspect motor this week when its returned to me, i am not calling anyone out, or blaming anyone but myself, as i think i should of went with gut and just soaked over night, maybe a lil heat on and work it in a bit, who knows, but i need a solution, besides buying a new p/s/r, thanks for any input here guys

tommy

ToysRUsKid 07-08-2011 12:56 PM

I take it from the lack of responses you're screwed.

TommyBlazin 07-08-2011 06:19 PM

actually getting pm's and i have a guy who can re-groove the piston, np, and im sending to another to inspect, seems there's hope, thanks for that tho...LOL

ToysRUsKid 07-08-2011 06:53 PM

That's good. would suck to lose a new motor.

TommyBlazin 07-08-2011 06:59 PM

tell me about it, i should of just hung on to it, but that's another story, seems there's the RIGHT guys in my corner willing to help, so i will keep it updated....freakin 800.00 1 gallon, id go right back into offroad, where i never had these problems, ran 8 gallons WITHOUT rod changes no prob,lol...oh yea top of the line offroad .21 nova is like 300.00 also...onroad, 850.00 plus to have the best.... things that make you go hmmmm

M7H 07-19-2011 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin (Post 9363693)
onroad, 850.00 plus to have the best.... things that make you go hmmmm

You wanted a Nova!.... :D

Roelof 07-19-2011 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by M7H (Post 9409312)
You wanted a Nova!.... :D

As if other brands can not have these prices and problems? :confused:

OK, the fast Novarossi (based) engines are expensive but aren't Picco's with bad rods exploding to soon not the same?

TommyBlazin 07-19-2011 07:19 AM

my motors fixed, thanks to Ray a Racing, the guys a magician, ran a tank or 2, today hitting track, i had it in the hands of a well known modder, and he said it was toast, i dont mention names, but just saying.... 40.00 vs. 350.00 hmmmm second opinions are well worth it guys

M7H 07-19-2011 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin (Post 9409593)
my motors fixed

and that is what is important!
Enjoy your engine!
:nod: